Arcane/ Frost hybrid happiness

I am actually really liking Frost's new mastery. By hitting the 9768 (ish...I forget the exact number) hast value for my bombs, I am finding that my arcane and frost numbers are not too different at all. It really depends on the fight. I am honestly very happy that blizz gave us the option to juggle two specs like this.

Which fights are you finding to be frost's or arcane's fight? BTW, this isn't a "which is better spec" garbage thread. After playing all three specs, I can say they are all so similar it doesn't really warrant a thread. This is a, "what fight are you enjoying with your spec" thread.

I am not the best at positioning, so on some fights like thok, Malkorok, and the shamans- I pretty much will have to be frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a Haste Frost Mage, but luckily my Haste and Mastery are extremely balanced with my Gear (both are 10k-11k I think) so I can switch without much issue. It is very nice compared to Fire where you can pretty much only be Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I am a Haste Frost Mage, but luckily my Haste and Mastery are extremely balanced with my Gear (both are 10k-11k I think) so I can switch without much issue. It is very nice compared to Fire where you can pretty much only be Fire.
    I'm roughly in the same boat; 13k Haste, 9k Mastery, but once I get my 2P and Black Blood, I'll probably be switching to pure Haste > Mastery (even past the magic number of 14,250).

Been talking a bit with Akraen, and his stuff holds a lot of truth to it. Can't just blatantly ignore his numbers :F
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'm roughly in the same boat; 13k Haste, 9k Mastery, but once I get my 2P and Black Blood, I'll probably be switching to pure Haste > Mastery (even past the magic number of 14,250).

Been talking a bit with Akraen, and his stuff holds a lot of truth to it. Can't just blatantly ignore his numbers :F
    Akraen is really talented and does indeed produce good results, it's just that playing with that much haste makes me slightly nausiated because even if NT ticks like crazy and you get a lot of FFB's anytime you're not getting them feels painful and forgive my use of the word: clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Craif View Post
    Akraen is really talented and does indeed produce good results, it's just that playing with that much haste makes me slightly nausiated because even if NT ticks like crazy and you get a lot of FFB's anytime you're not getting them feels painful and forgive my use of the word: clunky.
    The one problem I've had is when I have too much Haste (Happens when Hero and Meta line up, almost always on a pull), I tend to shoot too many Frostbolts when I'm trying to proc (as I'm a button spammer) or I'll fling a third Ice Lance and end up wasting a global. Hell, it's part of the reason I play with 13k Haste instead of 14,250 (Global cap with Meta OR Hero), just to give me that small grace period.

But, I do want to stay Frost, and the only way that's gonna happen as my guild does Heroics is to be better at it. Akraen pulls way ahead of me, so might as well try his strat, no?

Edit: It seems my guild has told me their true intentions of wanting me to go Arcane. They told me I could just sit on the boss and do nothing else... ... Kinda considering it provided I could stay Frost for some fights :F
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-09-28 at 03:23 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.