Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has R5 been able to address the content drought? I was a founder back when XP valley was a thing. I used to log back in every so often, but it seems that there was never anything to do besides the rarely occurring chosen invasions. Its been quite a while since ive been online and im just curious what sort of content the game has going for it nowadays. Also, have they added pvp back yet?

WoD is already stale as fuck and im itching for a new MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Has R5 been able to address the content drought? I was a founder back when XP valley was a thing. I used to log back in every so often, but it seems that there was never anything to do besides the rarely occurring chosen invasions. Its been quite a while since ive been online and im just curious what sort of content the game has going for it nowadays. Also, have they added pvp back yet?

WoD is already stale as fuck and im itching for a new MMO.
    Erm, there hasn't been a content drought in a while.

We have like, 10 heroic dungeons, 3 raids, a heroic open world zone...
    Between the heroic dailies, the zone dailies, and the weekly raids, most people are pretty busy.

They added an open world pvp zone about half a year ago but they are phasing that out this summer for arena pvp.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

On the PTS forums, someone made a chart for the module transition.

Some WIP of the "core mission" system.

Deleted
    Last time I played Firefall was when it had PvP maps. When they removed them I quit. The PvP was fun as hell so have they put them back in the game yet? If yes, I would probably start again, if not, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Last time I played Firefall was when it had PvP maps. When they removed them I quit. The PvP was fun as hell so have they put them back in the game yet? If yes, I would probably start again, if not, no.
    Arena revamp/relaunch is slated for early summer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    I read something that they are working on it, so see if they succeed this time or if it's delayed again. I think there is some big open world pvp map atm instead if I remember correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I read something that they are working on it, so see if they succeed this time or if it's delayed again. I think there is some big open world pvp map atm instead if I remember correctly?
    Correct, there's a PvP zone (for now).

10+ Year Old Account
    So if i good understand. When the changes might appear, might be not in option having both electron and bastion battleframes? I askins, since i started exping my bastion, and i really enjoy it.

Deleted
    The way I understand it is that you can have both. Instead of having one character with all frames, it's now one character for each frame kind like WOW.

So much changes it's so confusing. I still don't understand 100% how the module changes works. I was gonna make a R36 Raptor build around Apotheosis module but didn't like what they did with the recoil thing.

Got to find a use for the Apotheosis or stuff like kana modules before they get converted into generic stuff, since if I understood correctly abilities already in use stays as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by si7encer112 View Post
    The way I understand it is that you can have both. Instead of having one character with all frames, it's now one character for each frame kind like WOW.
    No, you just start out with one frame now. You can still have all 16 on one character.

So much changes it's so confusing. I still don't understand 100% how the module changes works. I was gonna make a R36 Raptor build around Apotheosis module but didn't like what they did with the recoil thing.

Got to find a use for the Apotheosis or stuff like kana modules before they get converted into generic stuff, since if I understood correctly abilities already in use stays as they are.
    Apotheosis is not being converted, it is a prototype.
    Also, Recoil can be reduced with the stat "weapon handling".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    No, you just start out with one frame now. You can still have all 16 on one character.
    I see thank for clearing that up. Not that it had much impact for me since I have all the frame. I wonder what they will do about the pilot token thought I got alot of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Apotheosis is not being converted, it is a prototype.
    Also, Recoil can be reduced with the stat "weapon handling".
    Now it's even more confusing, I thought they were breaking modules into red, yellow and blue parts. How will prototype fit in to this. I never heard of weapon handling stats, must be something new they consider after everyone complained on PTR.

Now it's even more confusing, I thought they were breaking modules into red, yellow and blue parts. How will prototype fit in to this. I never heard of weapon handling stats, must be something new they consider after everyone complained on PTR.
    Erm, what?

I posted a giant picture on last page of the mega thread that shows exactly what's happening to modules.

They are being condensed into a handful of modules.
    Nothing more, nothing less.

IE: cooled, charging, and rapid fire are becoming one module

- - - Updated - - -

Everything you’re about to read is an early preview of changes being worked on by the Firefall development team. All details can, and probably will, change as development continues.

In a genre defined by immersion, the central storyline is one of the most important aspects of almost any video game. It defines the setting, influences the actions of both players and NPCs, and allows players to identify with the characters they interact with. Currently, Firefall's primary driving storyline is contained within the eight campaign missions. In the open world, most of the content (for example, ARES Jobs) is focused on specific characters or situations unrelated to the campaign story, intended to help connect you to the game’s world and the people living in it. However, with the main storyline limited to just a few missions spanning a relatively small level range, it makes it difficult to really get invested in the central narrative and its characters. In an effort to address this disconnect, we’re adding a new type of content which are internally known as core missions.

Core missions are story-driven instances designed for solo as well as squad play which help fill in the gaps between the existing campaign missions and the open world. These hand-crafted missions introduce you to many primary characters and events of Firefall's lore that you haven’t seen in game before (though some you may already be familiar with).

High resolution versions: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

These new missions are shorter than the existing campaign missions, though they are also more numerous. They will span from the end of the tutorial all the way to level 40, providing a stable narrative backbone as you progress through the game. Through them you’ll become a part of the overarching struggle between the Accord and the Chosen, giving a much clearer picture of the major events that are transpiring in the world of Firefall.

Core missions will take over as the main story-telling element of Firefall. Current campaign missions will, with some minor adjustments, fit into the storyline as large core missions. In the future, when we are ready to further expand the story, it will be done with additional core missions as our “solo” story-driven content, while additional operations will provide story-driven content designed for groups. The shorter length of the core missions (compared to the existing campaign missions) allows them to be more intimate and immersive without becoming tiresome or detracting from the dynamic nature of the open world that is such a big part of Firefall's identity. They will include new methods of developing characters and delivering story, such as cutscenes, as well as new gameplay mechanics. Some will take place in instanced sections of the open world, while others take place in locations that have been purpose-built for that mission.
    http://www.firefall.com/news/looking-forward-narrative-driven-content

Get excite.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2015-03-19 at 02:48 PM.

Oooh, I am excite! Definitely nice to have more story stuff, and also more solo instances.

On the modules--I thought they had said deployment won't be craftable, but from that (massive, phone-breaking) image it seems deployment modules will be converted. Does that mean they'll be able to be crafted after all? Because if not, I am seriously dumping all my resources into making them before the patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    Oooh, I am excite! Definitely nice to have more story stuff, and also more solo instances.

On the modules--I thought they had said deployment won't be craftable, but from that (massive, phone-breaking) image it seems deployment modules will be converted. Does that mean they'll be able to be crafted after all? Because if not, I am seriously dumping all my resources into making them before the patch hits.
    You won't be able to craft any modules when this patch hits.
    They will become drops.

Ohhhh...well then.

*crafts furiously*

Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post

Deployment modules will drop from selected content only (operations maybe ? if I recall).
    They will be prototype too due to them not fitting the planned model for the other modules, which can have upgrades through the tinkering mechanic.
    Deployment works off discrete numbers, and so can't have the incremental increases that others based off a "rating" can.

It is my understanding, that level may be ignored when converting and so you could potentially craft low level purples for the same salvage result as high level modules.
    Though I personally have not seen that confirmed, so best to not rely upon that being the case.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-04-17 at 07:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The new user experience fixes the plot holes that were created in patch 1.0.

Much better.

Another new user experience? I feel like I'm having flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Another new user experience? I feel like I'm having flashbacks.
    It's actually not really another one.

It's just three of the best parts of the old ones combined.