Page 1 of 2
LastLast

FFS How many lesser charms do we need?

Does anyone think we need to have a "lesser charm" vendor? I personally only have about 550, but I have guildies who have over 5000. Anyone else with me on this?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have several friends who have over 10k+ and a lot of people here have as that much, I myself have about 5,161 and 4,111 on my rogue It's not a hard thing to get I'm more surprised of pet people do this shit 24/7 aka The glitch I have no idea how she keeps her sanity good god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, there should be a vendor that you can trade them in to even if it was just for things like flasks and food.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 25,490 lesser charms on my main, and over 110k across all 10 of my level 90s. It's a complete joke, gearing each of them up in the timeless isle gave me about 4k each toon alone...

So, I agree, it'd be nice to buy older tokens at the 50 to 3 ratio they had earlier. Or maybe move them into timeless coins, valor points, something... anything..

i've been strifing to get the 90/50 weekly before this patch so i don't mind stacking them easily now

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I have 3k of them. Not quite sure what to do with them, though I am glad I don't have to do dailies or other such tedious activities to farm them ever again.

Ask yourself this, would you rather them be more rare of a drop and be forced to actually farm just for lesser charms? Personally I prefer them being plentiful, who cares if you end up with 100k of them at the end of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my main I am overflowing, on my alts I would love more.. account bound would be neat. Not going to happen if it hasn't so far though..

Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    I have 25,490 lesser charms on my main, and over 110k across all 10 of my level 90s. It's a complete joke, gearing each of them up in the timeless isle gave me about 4k each toon alone...

So, I agree, it'd be nice to buy older tokens at the 50 to 3 ratio they had earlier. Or maybe move them into timeless coins, valor points, something... anything..
    25k on your main? Good Lord...lol. And getting a lot of fine, but it would really help if they were BOA, so you could send them to alts. I mean, you can already send the timeless gear to alts, so why not them as well? Why not, right? They're just going to waste on a main character.

10+ Year Old Account
    550 charms are 11 weeks worth of Seals.
    Why do you want more right now?

I don't agree they should be "plentiful" they are technically used to possibly upgrade your gear. They should be tougher to get. I think they should have kept it the way they had it in 5.3. Make them a little tougher to get at least. They pretty much drop off of EVERY mob. I don't think they are valuable enough to justify getting another piece of 553 gear possibly doing 10 man normal. Maybe make a "Greater Charm" that is a little tougher to get. I don't know the solution, and that's why I don't work at Blizzard.

If you did dailies back in 5.0-5.2 to get exalted with the factions you should be sitting at the 4-5k mark easily. If you kept doing them for the gold you will obviously have more. I agree that for a lot of us, even with an army of alts, we seem to be accumulating them faster than we can spend them.

I think it is great they made them drop from mobs, thus allowing you to avoid doing dailies to get them, since you need them to get the coins for rerolling on loot. But you can only spend 50 a week (down from 90). I have 1000's of coins and nothing to do with them in the second have of the week.

Why can't I buy pet bandages or other pet related cosmetic stuff like the pet shrinker/enlarger stuff, slightly less powerful food buffs, a transformation vanity item that costs 2000 coins or something?
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I had 1k+ when I reached Exalted with all factions, having stopped doing the dailies for each faction respectively, at Launch. If I'd have continued every day until now I'd be well on my way to a substantial, unspendnable cache, considering you only spend 50 a week and you can make several hundred a day with all of the dailies, rares and pet battles now.

It would be nice if you could turn them in for now-unobtainable loot from things like DS LFR or quest rewards that have been removed with each expansion. Or at least let us buy Greater Charms and Mogu Runes with them for like 50-100 a piece.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2013-09-27 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I'm more annoyed that there's a cap of 20 on Greater Charms still. I've been capped for months, and there's been no way of getting rid of them that's actually useful (troves of thunder items sure, but I have no need for those). They should have made it an unlimited cap for older tokens to be honest.
    you could the chests for 15 coins you else get for completing all the dailies of the day on isle of thunder.

15+ Year Old Account
    i got 1500, dont have to do dailies for another 30 weeks, this pleases me, shame they arnt BoA, would love to send some to my other toons
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Blizzard should make them account-wide so you can use them for alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you care? They stack to 100 million so it don't realy matter.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    I have several friends who have over 10k+ and a lot of people here have as that much, I myself have about 5,161 and 4,111 on my rogue It's not a hard thing to get I'm more surprised of pet people do this shit 24/7 aka The glitch I have no idea how she keeps her sanity good god.
    LOL. I don't farm them They just come as a by product of other things I do that I have fun with

At this point though it would be awesome if they were used as a currency for something else, just silly stuff like buffs or something, or a reusable item that gives those alter buffs. My god I love the Chi-Ji buff, but seems they love to give the Niazuo buff more often than not >< booo

I farmed for like 3 days on Times Isle and got about 8k, so guess I'm ready for rest of the year..

Deleted
    Why whine about this? It doesnt affect you in any negative ways. And how the hell do people get so many? Im there every day and I have patchday around 2k myself, and I spend time there daily.