Protection Warrior, Im lost (AGAIN!....)

Hello again,

Once again a new tier comes and Im being told my setup is all wrong

Currently im running Mastery, Stamina, Parry & Mastery in terms of gems, the usual basic tanking enchants etc.

I am also Hit capped & Expertise capped, Mastery 67% | Parry 25% | Dodge 8% | Block 27% | 711K HEALTH

Everything is fine, I'm kinda immortal status in normal mode (excluding sudden SPIKE DAMAGE WTF)
    What happens this time ? I get told that (your damage is too low) and (wtf you should be gem and reforge crit)

Edit, i raid in a 10 man group. if that helps
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should go Parry/Dodge in yellow, Parry/Dodge in Red and most likely Parry/Dodge in Blue if you can shit on the gembonus. You can shit on the gembonus if it´s Strength, Stamina or avoidance <= 60. If you happen to stumble across one of the few good gemboni and it requires blue, gem Dodge/Hit and adjust via reforging.

if your damage is considered too low, you might wanna check Glyphs and Talents. Hold the Line and Heavy Repurcussion are considered mandatory. In single target fights like Malkorok or Thok you might wanna consider the Thunderclap Glyph, since glyphed Thunderclap > Devestate as a filler.
    Also be sure to pick Dragon´s Roar if no adds are to be controlled and macro it with Bloodbath. Use on cooldown. The tricky part to maintaine good damage is to keep up your Riposte and Vengeance. Do that by intervening the active tank while being sure not to catch a stack of the current debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    You can go for Stamina > Parry = Dodge > Mastery in 10mans.
    We call it a Riposte build, and that's why people are telling you to gem crit.

While gemming crit isn't WRONG as in "you-should-get-shot" wrong, it might just not be for your gear or playstyle. I wouldn't recommend gemming crit if you're not 100% sure what you're doing.
    However, gemming parry and dodge instead of mastery will net you more avoidance through "duh", and more DPS through Riposte.

Edit: Crit matches in somewhere in the middle, dependant on your gear and current avoidance etc., it's very special
    Last edited by mmocdd4fd472cb; 2013-09-27 at 10:38 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stamina, really? I found the Stamina on gear + 1 Trinket more than sufficient for us. 10 man that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Maybe I worded myself wrong, but I would gem avoidance (dodge/parry) and reforge to avoidance where possible.
    Stam being just a little better for myself because of gear constraints, I wouldn't be surprised if you would skip stam completely at some gear level

Deleted
    For a 10 man group I would probably suggest an avoidance gearing setup rather than crit as at the end of the day you are a tank and reducing your incoming damage should be a priority and avoidance gearing provides very close numbers to Crit, especially with the way it buffs your hold the line and rage generation WITH the added bonus of providing vastly more total damage reduction and even burst reduction than crit

For 25 HC on most fights I'm finding myself using 2 stam trinkets on progress except DPS races on which I'm using one stam trinket and Primordius Talisman of Rage. Tbh for most fights in 25HC one stam trinket will be sufficient and I would say the same or just go with 2 avoidance trinkets instead for 10 man