10+ Year Old Account

Tier armor, trinkets, and proc weapons.

Now aside from them just being game mechanics, are they actually canon for whoever is wearing/using them? The magical properties of our tier armor affecting various abilties of classes and the effects of trinkets being used, is it lore applicable or just "game mechanics"?

Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    Now aside from them just being game mechanics, are they actually canon for whoever is wearing/using them? The magical properties of our tier armor affecting various abilties of classes and the effects of trinkets being used, is it lore applicable or just "game mechanics"?
    This is really up for personal opinion since there's no definite answer, but I would personally say that enchanted armor is a rare thing to have; only the best adventurers would have it. As far as RP is concerned, I wouldn't make a character with enchanted armor. It would just be armor.

Trinkets are also weird. I'd say that they wouldn't exist canonically, at least in the form that they are in, and are simply game mechanics.

Tier armor is definitely in the game mechanic area. Mages aren't limited to the spells in their spellbook. I think of a class' spell list as a list of examples of how this class wold function in-lore. It doesn't make sense to me from an RP standpoint to have armor which would suddenly make me stronger at points in a fight and in very specific ways.

Loot is always strictly a matter of game mechanics. Lore is storyline and gear has no part in that.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I've always wondered about trinkets specifically. I would have thought that typically in myths, legends, and alike `rings` or `necklaces` hold powerful spiritual powers.

Deleted
    The only thing remotely related I can think of is how you could get a replica of Alexandros Mograine's plate (Dreadnaught) back in old Naxx, and were told who the original set had been made for.

Proc weapons are a funny niche. They can exist in the game but would likely get depleted after a while (think TES-style weapon enchants).

In terms of trinkets, some might exist I suppose (Vial of the Sunwell comes to mind), but mostly I'd advise to avoid them completely. Except the ones that summon voodoo gnomes. Those should totally be canon.

Trinkets to me really are the various magical items there are. Originally I thought they were intended as earrings when you look at the icon hidden under the trinket. But now they are from a genie in a bottle to an ioun stone in idea, just random magic items of power that cast magic of their own.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.