10+ Year Old Account

Are spell animations contributing to the lackluster feeling of raids/dungeons?

I mean, are spell animations too grand and supercharged that they take away the epic feeling of instance environments and boss fights?

Back in Vanilla, Mage fireballs did not look like boulders. This expansion gave us AoE spells that traveled too far out of the raid, promoting lag for some players. Before Wrath or BC, our spells didn't enshroud other player's spells, including the healing animations on the floor.

Everything just sparkles and glows in clusters to the point where it looks like a messy crayon drawing.

I want to know what you all think. I feel like I'm the only one who thinks that.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2013-09-28 at 02:04 AM. Reason: stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    That seems pretty unlikely. They should have a way to tone down other people's though since it can be hard to see sometimes.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    IMO No. Raid/Dungeon boss spell animations make the encounter more epic if anything else. Player effects aren't really that malicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I both agree and disagree. I like having nice looking spells, but. I would love to not see everyone else's spells in as high detail as my own. The same can be said for sound effects.

I really wish you could turn down spell affects, a lot. It just feels really cheap, like "oh look at the bright shiny light, that will keep you interested!" approach from blizzard. I cant even see whats happening most of the time in any setting with more than 3 people.

I liked it better when there was a couple distinguishable abilities that everyone could see. Now every ability from every class is insane...you really wonder how blizzard never seemed to consider that all those insane effects are going to be stacked on top of each other constantly.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

As far as I know, most "flashy" spells are turned down for everyone but yourself. There was even a blue post recently talking about it. Would be nice to have a direct option of "just other people's spells" in the graphics section.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

"Halo. Halo everywhere."