Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your Opinion: New Races, Class, or Continent?

For the next expansion pack, would you rather have a new pai). races, or a new class, or a new continent/world to explore?

Races: One new race for Alliance, one new racefor Horde. Blizzard has very clearly stated that theor never going to try another "neutral" race for both factions ever again, so obviously they will go back to adding a pair of races.

Class: A new class to be added ingame (ie, Tinker). As usual, the class would be avilable to both Alliance and Horde, but only certain races can play them for lore reasons (obviously, a gnome could be a tinker, but a night elf wouldn"t).

Conitnent/World: Three out of four expansions so far have provided a new landmass to play in (Cata didnt add a.new continent but rather redesigned vanila content and added a few extra zones to them). A new continent or world would help further the story of the expansions plot and establish a theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    New continent. New place to explore on my beloved mains would appeal to me more than putting them aside for someone else.

There's virtually no chance we don't go to a new land (or island chain or planet or undersea vacation resort or outerspace) in the next expansion as they're specifically trying to avoid a repeat of Cataclysm at the moment. So, answer C.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

In my fantasies Shaman get a tank spec so I'd choose new specs for old classes :P

In the absence of that a new class, by which I really mean Demon Hunters.

This seems like a weird choice to ask people to make.

It's really unlikely that there'd be a situation in which having a new continent prevents one of the other two.
    So it's more of a, three is automatically going to be included, which of the first two is more likely.

New continent, without a doubt. New races/classes aren't balanced. They're either awful in PvP (Monks) or broken (DKs) when they're first released. Would rather not have an awful first PvP season because of a new class. A new race also might have a broken racial, but more importantly races are pointless. It doesn't change gameplay at all, the only difference is what you look like, and that's a stupid thing to waste resources on. Dumb enough they're going to change models of the races, since that doesn't make the game better either.

I want something new to actually do, not a new class that's brokenly overpowered or completely useless, and not a new race that is exactly the same as the others but can eat twice as much food and looks different or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    New continent, without a doubt. New races/classes aren't balanced. They're either awful in PvP (Monks) or broken (DKs) when they're first released. Would rather not have an awful first PvP season because of a new class. A new race also might have a broken racial, but more importantly races are pointless. It doesn't change gameplay at all, the only difference is what you look like, and that's a stupid thing to waste resources on. Dumb enough they're going to change models of the races, since that doesn't make the game better either.

I want something new to actually do, not a new class that's brokenly overpowered or completely useless, and not a new race that is exactly the same as the others but can eat twice as much food and looks different or something.
    Hate to break it to you, but that's what wow is, since bc and up, new races, new models. If you don't like it, too bad, 'cause the rest of us do.

All three, and then some more. Blizzard finally managed to painstakingly increase their team sizes, so the budget and resource excuse are out the window now.

I'll escape the scope of the thread and give myself a forth option:

new specs for 4 of the old classes!

Demon Hunting Warlocks as tanks, Time Mages as healers, Earthwarden Shamans as tanks and Beast Wrestling Hunters as melee dps!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but that's what wow is, since bc and up, new races, new models. If you don't like it, too bad, 'cause the rest of us do.
    Umm, what? Since BC there have been 3 new races and no new models. Hate to break it to you, but you're provably wrong.

I don't see why a continent would mean no races or classes. New zones are pretty much a given.

Honestly, I don't want any new races or classes to be added to the game. I would rather if they fleshed out the existing ones by adding the option to pick from sub-races (would go along with the new character models), and for more classes to get a fourth spec (doesn't have to be all of them at once; three in one expansion seems like a good number).
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Umm, what? Since BC there have been 3 new races and no new models. Hate to break it to you, but you're provably wrong.
    did any of the new races come with old models?

Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I'd rather them 100% focus on a new continent / area and forget a new class / race. Just go all out environmentally and with raids / group content. I'm not going to come back anyway, so they really shouldn't listen to me. harrr
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

I actually don't want new races or classes. We have enough, if not too many. New areas are much more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Blizzard has very clearly stated that theor never going to try another "neutral" race for both factions ever again, so obviously they will go back to adding a pair of races.
    If memory serves me right, only one blue poster said that he didn't like the neutral faction. The rest are fine with it.

~~~~~~~

There are certain parameters to my ideas.

If we are against the Burning Legion in the next expansion, then:

New Races

High elves - New models to differentiate them between the Belves, new customization feature would be eye color change (besides green or red), and no arcane torrent but maybe meditation (High elf lore).

Classes - Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Warrior

Model idea - http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...el-d4tniu0.jpg

Ogres - Needs a female model and newer models, new customization feature would be one head or two, etc.

Classes - Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior

New Hero Class

Demon Hunter - Limited to leather and cloth, a quest dealing with the removal of your eyes, enabled to every race except for neutral races

Specs - Hellpyric, Demonic, Chaotic

Continent

Twisting Nether - Update on the actual Twisting Nether zone

Storylines - Alleria and Turalyon's return, etc.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-09-28 at 04:44 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even see this as a question worthy of asking. For 4 expansions now Blizz has delivered either 2 races or a class ALONGSIDE a new continent.

Or at least had the ability to, and actively chose not to (Cata).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Continent is a must have, or atleast a new leveling area/ place to explore. (Even if it's just revamped areas)

In my opinion, I believe their won't be a new class, we just got one in mop, and they take some work to make and to balance, although I would love to see a new one.

What I hope, or believe we will get in the next expansion, (and I know it's a lot but, due to no Blizzcon last year i'm expecting a little more)

- New Character Models
    - New Character Models will have sub-race colours and variations
    - New Alliance only race
    - New Horde only race
    - New Race/ Class combinations

^ All that just seems to make up for a not having a new class, Cata we got new races, and class combos in lack of a new class. With missing Blizzcon, we gotta be getting more than the average expansion selling points.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Continent 100%.

I wish blizzard put in sub-races instead of races; at the end of the day the 1-20 lvl experience just matters once. New race models with no starting zones would be just so much easier to implement.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is new continent even a thing? They're not going to repeat the mistake they made in cata and simply throw new zones into existing landmasses. We're going to get a new continent no matter what.

So the choice is really just between races or classes...personally I feel like there are enough races in the game by now, and adding new races doesn't really add that much to the game imo. A new class would be much more exciting, so that's my pick, although I have the sinking feeling we're just going to get a couple new races because honestly that is the easier route.

Wouldn't mind a new race or class but seriously not into the whole Demon Hunter thing, so if it's a new class, something different to what we already have