1. #1

    Is pugging an alt only thing now?

    Basically if you miss the first week of a patch you're done frankly or stuck in LFR because of the link achievement or x/x normal. Is this how things work these days?
    Actually I've even seen people requiring achievement for fucking first wing of flex in the first week of SoO. Really?
    What the hell is going on with the community and the link achievement/checking armory mania?

  2. #2
    Well, you see, there are plenty of people who have the achievements. This generally means that they know what they're doing. Groups tend to like players that know what they're doing, so, to facilitate a smooth run, they require either high item levels or achievements. They are perfectly within their rights to do so.

    If you want to have a guaranteed chance to run normal/heroic raids, get a raid team or start your own pug. Complaining about other peoples' pugs is silly. Indeed, it speaks of the entitlement mentality that we're seeing so much of in the WoW community.

    So, again, if you're not happy with the way other people handle their pugs, then either join a guild or start your own pug. You can invite anyone you want, including other people that don't have the achievements. Just be ready to spend all night wiping.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Basically if you miss the first week of a patch you're done frankly or stuck in LFR because of the link achievement or x/x normal. Is this how things work these days?
    Actually I've even seen people requiring achievement for fucking first wing of flex in the first week of SoO. Really?
    What the hell is going on with the community and the link achievement/checking armory mania?
    Join a guild maybe?
    Friends?
    And because, the moment you have bad players you'll put up blocks to prevent having to play or carry them.
    its pretty simple tbh

  4. #4
    MMOs are best played with friends, not random scrubs in trade. Do you not have any?

  5. #5
    Brewmaster Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    1,410
    I don't have any friends. People are so mean, man. /sadface

    ^ Kind of true though. Social anxiety is a bit of a problem for a large number of people who play this game. And the general stigma attached to newer players hasn't dwindled or faded in the least.
    A typical raid leader command would be something like "Yo Scrub, why don't you YOLO 1337 yards to the left because the boss's Swag is about to hit us in 3 seconds".
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    Oh my god, a company tries to put some lore flavor into the game mechanics, all is lost, whatever shall we do without a whole 1% of crit or haste.
    Quick, call Ukraine and Russia, let them know to put their conflict on standby because Touch of Elune is BULLSHIT!

  6. #6
    I think you're just running into the typical "we want this to be easy so no pugs at our own level, thanks" issue. It's why people will post "LFM H Scen ilvl520+."
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.

  7. #7
    I never understood why it's not in the thought process of people to make their own run if they're complaining about the lack of achievements.

    There are many people in the "no achievement" boat; They'd flock to such a run.

    -- Signature by /the/ Crazytaco --

  8. #8
    Most pug leaders don't have a clue, I have an alt with heroic ds and icc achievements with dates that show it was current content (middle time frame) and still don't get into most pug runs, usually with some idiotic comment about doing it at 90 or how easy they were....
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Most pug leaders don't have a clue, I have an alt with heroic ds and icc achievements with dates that show it was current content (middle time frame) and still don't get into most pug runs, usually with some idiotic comment about doing it at 90 or how easy they were....
    Game changes.

    I've seen Gladiator level PvP'ers who can't do basic stuff now. It's the same concept.

    -- Signature by /the/ Crazytaco --

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Kagecamia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hell aka Detroit
    Posts
    355
    I kinda got that same issue on Illidan. I see a ToT pug, which is was heavily nerfed and pretty much obsolete except for those few good trinkets and mogs etc., with this in trade:

    LFM for TOT Fresh Run! Pst FoS and Item level for inv!

    To which I state I have a 539 blood dk tank with cloak and 9/12 experience with kills on Qon and Twins on my main lock. "Sorry no FoS. No Invite"

    Sends a bad message to the people just getting into the game after a break. Way to snip the flower before it even blooms >.>

  11. #11
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    I kinda got that same issue on Illidan. I see a ToT pug, which is was heavily nerfed and pretty much obsolete except for those few good trinkets and mogs etc., with this in trade:

    LFM for TOT Fresh Run! Pst FoS and Item level for inv!

    To which I state I have a 539 blood dk tank with cloak and 9/12 experience with kills on Qon and Twins on my main lock. "Sorry no FoS. No Invite"

    Sends a bad message to the people just getting into the game after a break. Way to snip the flower before it even blooms >.>
    We call this scrubs wanting to be carried, or wanting some final Meta achieve. But nothing new, pugs always try to outgear instances because nobody wants to wipe on "old content".
    NOBLESHIELD
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Twitch Stream | Wayniac#1291


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Most pug leaders don't have a clue, I have an alt with heroic ds and icc achievements with dates that show it was current content (middle time frame) and still don't get into most pug runs, usually with some idiotic comment about doing it at 90 or how easy they were....
    I have a Realm First! Grand Crusader achievement... but I don't try to use it to get into current raids because it has nothing to do with current raids. Those DS and ICC achievements mean nothing in the current game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    I kinda got that same issue on Illidan. I see a ToT pug, which is was heavily nerfed and pretty much obsolete except for those few good trinkets and mogs etc., with this in trade:

    LFM for TOT Fresh Run! Pst FoS and Item level for inv!

    To which I state I have a 539 blood dk tank with cloak and 9/12 experience with kills on Qon and Twins on my main lock. "Sorry no FoS. No Invite"

    Sends a bad message to the people just getting into the game after a break. Way to snip the flower before it even blooms >.>
    Openraid has plenty of ToT runs that don't require the FoS. Run one of those and, huzzah, you have the FoS!

  13. #13
    Dreadlord Annarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    998
    Install OQueue, Create Premade. Allow group to come to you. Clear Flex with a little effort. Enjoy rewards and achievement.

  14. #14
    Any time I join a random pug it always fails, typically on the second boss lol. The game is designed for you to make friends and join a guild - even with stuff like flex, if you think you're not going to talk to anyone and get the best gear in the game, you will probably end up being disappointed.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Openraid has plenty of ToT runs that don't require the FoS. Run one of those and, huzzah, you have the FoS!
    You can't get the FoS anymore because it had to be done before 5.4. I myself had a similar story where I literally quit raiding during Lei-Shen progression (we even downed heroic Jinrokh because a 10 man guild group killed Lei-Shen the previous week, we were a 25-man guild). If someone required the FoS from me, it is impossible for me to supply them with it, even though I killed Lei Shen in normal in an openraid pug recently.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!


    My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

  16. #16
    Warchief Rizendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Well, you see, there are plenty of people who have the achievements. This generally means that they know what they're doing. Groups tend to like players that know what they're doing, so, to facilitate a smooth run, they require either high item levels or achievements. They are perfectly within their rights to do so.

    If you want to have a guaranteed chance to run normal/heroic raids, get a raid team or start your own pug. Complaining about other peoples' pugs is silly. Indeed, it speaks of the entitlement mentality that we're seeing so much of in the WoW community.

    So, again, if you're not happy with the way other people handle their pugs, then either join a guild or start your own pug. You can invite anyone you want, including other people that don't have the achievements. Just be ready to spend all night wiping.
    Asking people to not ask for a catch 22 within the first month isn't an entitlement factor. It's the same as real life jobs asking for 5-10 years of experience, but there is no way to get that experience without getting a job. Give people a chance. It's Flex for gods sake...
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    The dishonest are want to identify dishonesty, even where it doesn't exist.

  17. #17
    Pandaren Monk Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Asking people to not ask for a catch 22 within the first month isn't an entitlement factor. It's the same as real life jobs asking for 5-10 years of experience, but there is no way to get that experience without getting a job. Give people a chance. It's Flex for gods sake...
    Yeah, pretty much. Usually the same people who attack people for this, are the same kind of people who do this sort of thing. At least it sure seems that way.

    There's a reason why organized raiding has never been all that popular :x It's absurdly exclusionary.

  18. #18
    just link whatever prestigeous acheiv u got form last tier. it will probobly let u in.

  19. #19
    Just use Openraid. On my server there is people asking 530ilvl for flex..

  20. #20
    It's always been like this, ever since Pug raiding was first a "thing", long before Flex/LFR and account wide achievements. It was frustrating as hell back then, still is today... although funny, back then I was in a Heroic Progression guild, but achievements weren't account wide so I had to jump through hoops to pug alts, now I only raid LFR and yet it's easier (still hard) to get into a pug without the achievement.

    Basically, if you're DPS, all you can do is spam and hope you get the call up. With groups demanding 540+ ilvl, it can be pretty rough. My system is to gear my healing set first, and then simply send a whisper to those "LF1M Healer then gtg!" with nothing more than "X ilvl, know all flights". Usually works.

    I don't bother pugging in the first few weeks though, which is has to downside of leaving me behind achievement wise, but also avoid some of the headaches of running with "Normal raiders" undergeared alts, who have clue how to lead a raid they've seen once. Those groups are just as bad as your average pug.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •