Would fps suit wow?

What if next xpac blizzard added like an arena or bg where fights are done in first person similar to a shooter. Spells and melee attacks etc are manually aimed and casted.

Could need a whole new engine or something not sure but just spit Balling here trying to pass time at work...
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

No. Maybe another game, but not WoW. It's against the very fundamentals of the combat system, and would not be part of the same game, really.

No thanks.

Maybe as a mini-game within WoW. Like the Sniper quest you have in Jade Forest.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

I hate FPS.

If we got more than just the odd quest with that "style" I'd be gone.

-- Signature by /the/ Crazytaco --

screw that. I'm sick of fps and people humping them so hard. mmos are a unique style and I'm glad it play them.

No, oh God please no. I legitimately hate FPS games. I know there are a ton of players who love the genre, bu even so I don't think it has any place in WoW.

I always do WoW pvp in first person.

I'm also awful at pvp, no connection.

It can be made to work (see: Darkfall), but I don't think it'd work out well in this particular game.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

you would have to change a large portion of the game mechanics in order to support it (namely combat and stat mechanics such as targeting and +hit stats and so forth). Definitely not worth it for very little, if any, payoff. Perhaps for Blizzards next game.

Personally if I wanted to play WoW in fps, I was just play other games for that. Like Elder Scrolls or Firefall.

see for yourself, Zoom camera right in, and enjoy the horror that is WOW in FPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy