Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Let's see, we have the following assumptions or axioms irrefutable:

• Turalyon and Alleria have to come back sooner or later (it is assumed that in the next expansion)

• Turalyon and Alleria are two of the most important heroes of the Alliance since lifetime.

• Blizzard loves the Horde and consequently shows little appreciation for the Alliance and its affairs.

Now, having in mind the above premises, it is clear that both Turalyon and Alleria (or maybe just Alleria) will turn into neutral heroes, or what is the same: they will have some sympathy with the Horde and will be shown somehow indifferent with the Alliance.
    Of course Turalyon and Alleria will become neutral. Blizzard would make them Horde if they could.

You know how much Blizzard love the Horde. I remember the hell I went through on my Alliance paladin in vanilla, then in TBC Blizzard gave the Horde paladins with an AOE silence. They gave the Horde superior paladins. Hell, Vanguards still plays a Belf female.

Blizz should nerf Every Man for Himself so everyone rerolls Horde. It would be really fun to watch.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    IF it's legit (still not convinced) then it's for sure not a WoW expansion, or a rebranding of All-Stars.

Why?

Because neither game would work all that well on mobile devices.

The only two things it could feasibly be are a new game, or a booster pack for Hearthstone that won't be revealed until sometime late next year.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Ok - Actually I just wrote a very offensive response against Alliance players and all that shit. Now I'm just going to sit here and tell you one thing: Get used to it. There is no love for the racist Faction, that hasn't been racist for just one expansion only - like the Horde was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Of course Turalyon and Alleria will become neutral. Blizzard would make them Horde if they could.

You know how much Blizzard love the Horde. I remember the hell I went through on my Alliance paladin in vanilla, then in TBC Blizzard gave the Horde paladins with an AOE silence. They gave the Horde superior paladins. Hell, Vanguards still plays a Belf female.

Blizz should nerf Every Man for Himself so everyone rerolls Horde. It would be really fun to watch.
    Man.. I would feast on all the Alliance Player's tears.

Treating Blizzard as if they hold actual malice towards the Alliance isn't going to make anyone treat you seriously. That isn't to say I haven't had my issues with the Alliance story, but actual malice would of had the Alliance violently driven from Orgrimmar by their own casualties now raised as Forsaken. You will note that nothing of the sort happened.

And incidentally vanilla-WotLK were generally seen as being Alliance favored. Do you think Horde players liked hanging out in a city with far stronger ties to the Alliance then the Horde for two expansions in a row? Do you think the Horde liked the fact that Stormwind got a full harbor in WotLK while the Horde just got a zeppelin tower that didn't even have a new model? Do you think the Horde liked the fact that they had far fewer quests then the Alliance in the EK/Kalimdor prior to Cataclysm (and the Alliance still has one more zone to choose from in the 20-25 range then the Horde)? Do you think Horde players liked the fact that the Lich King's established ties to the Horde races were basically ignored after level 74?

And really, Horde players for the most part don't want Alliance characters to go neutral. They want to work with characters that originated from the Horde, not Alliance characters who happen to be neutral.

As for the subject of Alleria and Turalyon, I think their partisanship or lack thereof will depend almost entirely on the context of their return. If it's in the context of a Legion invasion and a point of relative calm in the Horde/Alliance conflict (which is likely given the ending of the SoO), then there is no need for them to be strictly partisan. They would know more then anyone what the price of a Legion victory is, so preventing that has to take precedence over everything else. Ideally they'd work a bit more directly with Alliance players then Horde, but they aren't going to fly into a murderous rage whenever they see a red tabard.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Treating Blizzard as if they hold actual malice towards the Alliance isn't going to make anyone treat you seriously.
    Please. If it wasn't for Every Man for Himself all Alliance PVPers would be Horde now. The Horde had the best racials in vanilla as well.

Bias? Yes, but not for the reasons I stated which were meant to be satirical. Blizz made the Horde better because they were underpopulated at the time.

I *do* resent Blizzard for giving the Horde better paladins after putting Alliance paladins through hell. How can I not?

That isn't to say I haven't had my issues with the Alliance story, but actual malice would of had the Alliance violently driven from Orgrimmar by their own casualties now raised as Forsaken. You will note that nothing of the sort happened.

And incidentally vanilla-WotLK were generally seen as being Alliance favored. Do you think Horde players liked hanging out in a city with far stronger ties to the Alliance then the Horde for two expansions in a row? Do you think the Horde liked the fact that Stormwind got a full harbor in WotLK while the Horde just got a zeppelin tower that didn't even have a new model? Do you think the Horde liked the fact that they had far fewer quests then the Alliance in the EK/Kalimdor prior to Cataclysm (and the Alliance still has one more zone to choose from in the 20-25 range then the Horde)? Do you think Horde players liked the fact that the Lich King's established ties to the Horde races were basically ignored after level 74?

And really, Horde players for the most part don't want Alliance characters to go neutral. They want to work with characters that originated from the Horde, not Alliance characters who happen to be neutral.

As for the subject of Alleria and Turalyon, I think their partisanship or lack thereof will depend almost entirely on the context of their return. If it's in the context of a Legion invasion and a point of relative calm in the Horde/Alliance conflict (which is likely given the ending of the SoO), then there is no need for them to be strictly partisan. They would know more then anyone what the price of a Legion victory is, so preventing that has to take precedence over everything else. Ideally they'd work a bit more directly with Alliance players then Horde, but they aren't going to fly into a murderous rage whenever they see a red tabard.
    Ok how's this for story: the orcs were ruthless genocidal monsters who invaded a peaceful kingdom, then in Warcraft 3 they are suddenly oppressed by human beings and have to fight for their freedom. The orcs suddenly weren't responsible for their own actions. They were maddened by demons' blood.

It's amazing how Blizzard managed to make a pure evil faction good. Let's make the Grand Marshal in charge of the remaining Alliance in Lordaeron racist too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget about the Storm Crow that was datamined not to long ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Don't forget about the Storm Crow that was datamined not to long ago.
    ..That's genius.. /slowclap for you, sir...

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    IF it's legit (still not convinced) .
    Its legit now.

Its in the TESS (american trademark system. and no its not TEAS which is the prelim step, its in TESS which is the confirmed one)

US Serial Number: 86073120

For those who know look it up yourself (http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp)

If not able. http://imgur.com/wl82hsH

Please. If it wasn't for Every Man for Himself all Alliance PVPers would be Horde now. The Horde had the best racials in vanilla as well.

Bias? Yes, but not for the reasons I stated which were meant to be satirical. Blizz made the Horde better because they were underpopulated at the time.

I *do* resent Blizzard for giving the Horde better paladins after putting Alliance paladins through hell. How can I not?

Ok how's this for story: the orcs were ruthless genocidal monsters who invaded a peaceful kingdom, then in Warcraft 3 they are suddenly oppressed by human beings and have to fight for their freedom. The orcs suddenly weren't responsible for their own actions. They were maddened by demons' blood.

It's amazing how Blizzard managed to make a pure evil faction good. Let's make the Grand Marshal in charge of the remaining Alliance in Lordaeron racist too.
    Someone who believes the company who produces a game holds actual and literal malice towards their preferred faction should not be playing said game, or frequenting fansites for that game.

That isn't to say there are things I think Blizzard could of done better. I think Cataclysm had presentation problems on the Alliance side of questing, I think patch 5.3 could of been designed a lot better on the Alliance side (the basic idea was sound, but it was executed poorly). Overall I think Alliance lore is currently a little too human-centric and Blizzard probably got a little too excited about the Horde rebellion story arc for their own good (and to be fair, it was a very exciting story arc).

But what I do not think is Blizzard does not sit down at meetings and say "How can we screw over Alliance players even more?". Seriously, a neutral Alleria and Turalyon can't really even be called Horde favoritism because in general Horde players don't want to have to work with the heroes of the Alliance any more then Alliance wants to share their heroes.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

No they don't have any malice or hate towards alliance... but horde itself has far more faction pride associated with it (see: Every Blizzcon Ever) so they get more bang for their buck when they develop a more horde-centric storyline. The story for quite some-time HAS been horde-centric.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    Someone who believes the company who produces a game holds actual and literal malice towards their preferred faction should not be playing said game, or frequenting fansites for that game.
    It's called Affirmative Action for a faction or class or spec that is underpopulated. Blizz do it all the time and favoured the Horde for a long long time.

That's a fact.

That isn't to say there are things I think Blizzard could of done better. I think Cataclysm had presentation problems on the Alliance side of questing, I think patch 5.3 could of been designed a lot better on the Alliance side (the basic idea was sound, but it was executed poorly). Overall I think Alliance lore is currently a little too human-centric and Blizzard probably got a little too excited about the Horde rebellion story arc for their own good (and to be fair, it was a very exciting story arc).

But what I do not think is Blizzard does not sit down at meetings and say "How can we screw over Alliance players even more?". Seriously, a neutral Alleria and Turalyon can't really even be called Horde favoritism because in general Horde players don't want to have to work with the heroes of the Alliance any more then Alliance wants to share their heroes.
    MOP's story sucked. Blizzard were obviously surprised by the negative reaction to MOP so decided to turn Garrosh into a cheap villain. But there's only so much Blizz can do with a PEGI 12 rating so the game will always suck when it comes to the Horde versus Alliance.

The orcs came to exterminate the people of Azeroth, and what does king Terenas do? He spares the orcs. And how do the orcs thank him? By treating the Alliance like evil slave masters who had enslaved them. Suddenly the orcs were fighting for "FREEDOM". Blizzard essentially turned the Alliance into a morally ambiguous faction when Stormwind was the Camelot of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    No they don't have any malice or hate towards alliance... but horde itself has far more faction pride associated with it (see: Every Blizzcon Ever) so they get more bang for their buck when they develop a more horde-centric storyline. The story for quite some-time HAS been horde-centric.
    I agree that there is a not insignificant pride discrepancy between the Alliance and Horde, and this is a problem. I'm not sure what the solution is, and I don't think any simple solution will do it.

As for the story being Horde centric...it certainly has been in MoP and Cataclysm. However prior to that BC had a mild at best Horde lean, and both Vanilla and WotLK were slanted towards the Alliance.

Now that Garrosh is out of the picture and Thrall is solidly back in the Horde, the issues that made Cataclysm and MoP Horde-centric are no longer issues. We'll have to see where things go from here on out.

Deleted
    It sounds like a Hearthstone thing to me. Hope it isn't the name of the new expansion as it doesn't sound right. Then again I absolutely hate The Dark Below too.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberlee View Post
    It sounds like a Hearthstone thing to me. Hope it isn't the name of the new expansion as it doesn't sound right. Then again I absolutely hate The Dark Below too.
    With Hearthstone still in beta it's pretty improbable that they'd be trademarking something extra related to it.

At this point if it's not a new WoW expansion, it's likely something completely new.

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    There are other differences as well:

HotS:

Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

TBC:

computer game software; computer game software and manuals sold as a unit; interactive video game programs; interactive computer game programs, downloadable computer game software, downloadable interactive entertainment software for playing computer games, downloadable interactive entertainment software for playing video games; pre-recorded CD-ROMs, DVDs, compact discs, featuring entertainment related to games and music

Wrath:

Computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit; downloadable computer game software; interactive multimedia computer game program; mouse pads

Cata:

Computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit; downloadable computer game software; interactive multimedia computer game program; mousepads

Mists:

Computer game software; computer game discs; computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program; mousepads

There is no mention of manuals or mousepads, though to be fair there was no mention of mousepads for TBC either, and TBC differed significantly from their other trademark filings. The again TBC was also their first WoW expansion so that might have had something to do with it. I'm not sure what HotS is, but I personally don't think it's a WoW expansion. I think it's either Hearthstone or Blizzard-All Stars related, or perhaps a completely new franchise heavily linked with mobile devices. Time will tell.

*Note* Neither Hearthstone nor Blizzard All-Stars include the line "Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs" in their lists of goods and services either. HotS is the first trademark I've seen to do so at this point.
    I'm far from an expert in the applications of trademarks or anything, but to me those lists just look like options you choose from a list and you just choose whatever fits your needs, so if you want laptops, you need to chooses the "Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs" from the list of options. That there is difference from application to application could just be due to the fact that the options were changed on the website to be up to date with modern devices ad such.

As for the title i find it a good fit for an expansion, the heroes thats abviously the players, and the storm is the impending war against whoever they chose to attack/invade us.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    I'm far from an expert in the applications of trademarks or anything, but to me those lists just look like options you choose from a list and you just choose whatever fits your needs, so if you want laptops, you need to chooses the "Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs" from the list of options. That there is difference from application to application could just be due to the fact that the options were changed on the website to be up to date with modern devices ad such.

As for the title i find it a good fit for an expansion, the heroes thats abviously the players, and the storm is the impending war against whoever they chose to attack/invade us.
    That's not how it works. It needs to be applicable to the entire list of mobile devices and everything on the List of Goods and Services for that matter.

MOP's story sucked. Blizzard were obviously surprised by the negative reaction to MOP so decided to turn Garrosh into a cheap villain. But there's only so much Blizz can do with a PEGI 12 rating so the game will always suck when it comes to the Horde versus Alliance.
    That's weird, considering they announced Garrosh as the end boss of the xpac on the media day shortly after the xpac announcement. And lots of people think MoP's story was very rich and well done, despite it not being based in Azeroth and having to do with Ashenvale being run over by the Horde. I mean, seriously, why do Alliance care so much about Ashenvale? I don't think I've stepped foot in it since Azshara became a like-leveled leveling zone.