View Poll Results: Will you continue subscription?

Voters
445. This poll is closed
  • Yes

217 48.76%
  • No

228 51.24%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    My criticism is that I wish all humes were pink flying ponies, are you gonna support me now and argue with the majority that think thats a bad idea?

Sound stupid? Yea... But that is exactly what you are doing, the majority like the story telling, a few don't care for it, then you have you..

YOU DISAGREED WITH THEM? YOU DON'T DESERVE TO POST. ALL YOUR OPINIONS ARE MEANINGLESS.

I don't care how you try to wrap it, that is EXACTLY what you are doing.

There are two damn sides to the fence, we wont give a shit about yours if you keep acting like a smug to everything anyone who disagrees with your side says.
    I see you typing words, but I literally have no idea what you're talking about. I just see lots of capslock and no point. Not only are you speaking for an unknown 'majority' of people, which is laughable already, but your putting lots of words in my mouth. No matter how much you capslock the word 'exactly' you're still 100% wrong.

Everyone has opinions, everyone likes different things, telling people their opinions are meaningless is the exact opposite of what I have said. Do carry on though.

PS- I find it hilarious how hard people are defending a game when no one is attacking it already. It bodes ill for the future of whatever 'community' there may be in this game. I'm glad I just enjoy games on my own and don't let ranting people from any side influence my beliefs. Something so small as saying that the pacing of quest delivery and feeling that it tarnishes the leveling experience causes people to go up in arms like their mothers have been insulted.

As a social observation, it's truly popcorn worthy.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-10-05 at 12:33 AM.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I see you typing words, but I literally have no idea what you're talking about. I just see lots of capslock and no point. Not only are you speaking for an unknown 'majority' of people, which is laughable already, but your putting lots of words in my mouth. No matter how much you capslock the word 'exactly' you're still 100% wrong.

Everyone has opinions, everyone likes different things, telling people their opinions are meaningless is the exact opposite of what I have said. Do carry on though.

PS- I find it hilarious how hard people are defending a game when no one is attacking it already. It bodes ill for the future of whatever 'community' there may be in this game. I'm glad I just enjoy games on my own and don't let ranting people from any side influence my beliefs. Something so small as saying that the pacing of quest delivery and feeling that it tarnishes the leveling experience causes people to go up in arms like their mothers have been insulted.

As a social observation, it's truly popcorn worthy.
    Theres Mr. Smug again, Hurf hurf hurf, your posts have no meaning, hurf hurf hurf, I am right you are wrong.

This majority I speak of would be the 10 other guys in this single thread you are arguing with.

You have probably said my opinion is meaningless and pointless about 5 times by now, so yea, you have said it.

Also your edit is HILARIOUS, calling other people ranters while ranting about them, seriously bud?

Also don't you find something wrong with the person I replied to replied back to me once, and yet you, have this aching NEED to just argue what you believe to be the right choice disregarding what I myself think?

Had to add in though with all your comments to my posts. I read a great post once, the guy said "Smart people don't try to sound smart on the internet, they don't feel the need for it. The other, well you get it already." Which pretty much is my view of people like you from their first post.

Knock it off.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-10-05 at 01:13 AM.

Getting older with more responsibilities and less time to play FF isnt very user friendly to me. I hate to say it and I was always the one to bash WoW for what it has turned into but I works for me not having much time to play yet I could still see end game content. I drive a truck for a living I am home for a couple days and the time sink required for FF ARR is a deal breaker for me right now. I miss my raiding prime days in BC/LK and early Cata. FF just requires too much from me to enjoy it. I like the graphics i dislike the combat speed wish it was faster. I hope their end game model improves in the months to come. From what I have seen / heard / read they need to improve or suffer the same fate as SWTOR.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently agreeing that other people have a right to be unhappy with the way quest dialog and the story are delivered is a crime here. I'll try and refrain from being so level headed and logical in the future. This game has already surpassed SWTOR in less than a month with vitriol from being someone who loves the game, yet can understand the negative criticism objectively.

It's astounding how low the human race can go in devouring itself sometimes. All praise FFXIV, the greatest MMO ever created. May the light of the universe shine on it's magnificence and ne'er do wrongery.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Quite frankly, kitty's panties seem perfectly fine. He's been eloquent and polite in his replies. He hasn't shown any sign of hostilty (unlike those who quoted him) and he has made some very clear points regarding the game. My analysis? He's starting to make sense and 'some' don't like that. They interpret it as a personal attack and seek shelter behind a defensive and (passive)aggressive attitude.
    Your funny. You should at least start where I came into the thread before assuming you even know what Kitty and I are even arguing about.

Basically all I am getting from him is he is upset that I don't care that people dislike the game and would rather they dont play if thats the case. If they are not willing to embrace its design that doesnt exactly follow other popular games, Id rather they go play those games if thats what they want. The funny thing is you can catch him telling people the exact same thing in plenty of other subforum and game threads. But since Im not trying to "sell" this game to people who say things like "there is no endgame" I am killing the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    If they are not willing to embrace its design that doesnt exactly follow other popular games, Id rather they go play those games if thats what they want.
    Not what you said, check your own quotes.
    But since Im not trying to "sell" this game to people who say things like "there is no endgame" I am killing the community.
    not remotely what I've been saying, but ok. Keep putting words in my mouth!
    BAD WOLF

I would if it was my MMO of choice. I really enjoy the game, but I just don't have the time to play multiple MMOs. Awesome game, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not what you said, check your own quotes.

not remotely what I've been saying, but ok. Keep putting words in my mouth!
    Ok Kitty, that's not what I said..... Ill have to find these phantom quotes you are referring to. Then again, your not even comprehending what your saying. So there is that.

Ok Kitty, that's not what I said..... Ill have to find these phantom quotes you are referring to. Then again, your not even comprehending what your saying. So there is that.
    It's obviously there, considering that he knows what your post means and you honestly have no idea, even though your the one who posted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill have to find these phantom quotes you are referring to.
    Nods Nods Mm hmm Mhmm. Ok, I'll do the work for you.

Please tell me how:
    Need the bandwaggoners to GTFO already.
    Is remotely close to this:
    If they are not willing to embrace its design that doesnt exactly follow other popular games, Id rather they go play those games if thats what they want.
    To me it seems pretty clear. You're assuming/generalizing things about people who have criticism and you are pretty obviously telling them to get the fuck out. But by all means, let's see what backpedaling looks like.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, keep it civil.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it seems pretty clear. You're assuming/generalizing things about people who have criticism and you are pretty obviously telling them to get the fuck out. But by all means, let's see what backpedaling looks like.
    No need to back peddle because I have not changed anything Ive said. You are just quoting the sugar coated version and the non. Its on you that you cant see it.

Bandwaggoners = people who did not know or care about the game until the very end and jumped on the bandwagon

Majority of people complaining about "no end game" and "no pvp" who obviously should know very well there is end game and much to be done upon hitting 50 as well as those who should have known very damn well there is no pvp as of yet nor has there ever been in a FF game to boot = Bandwaggoners

Bandwaggoners = Not willing to embrace the game design

Get it? Got it? Wasnt so hard. Stop expecting everything to be presented to you the way you want it.

The game does not need WoW sub numbers to survive. You know that as well as I do. We have far too many people who said "fuck that game and its second release, it will fail as it has failed before". Oh my how the tables changed when people got a chance to take a look at it. Then we get flooded with last minute preorders fucking up the launch. You can blame that on SE all you like, but I blame bandwaggoners. Now those same bandwaggoners who completely refuse to play this game the way its designed are saying there isnt A and B so this game sucks and Im quitting. Now your going to say the true fans are the problem? Come the fuck on Kitty.....

And you know what, maybe smaller gaming communities is exactly what we need.
    Yes, having a small community that doesn't do much after they did their grind (thus making the gap between new and old players bigger and unfriendlier like FFXI), and making groups harder to find for people getting into the game are just what mmos need because they didn't poopsock to 50 with the weeabos and otakus who still suck at tanking/healing despite they played the game since day 1 (nobody uses the search features, and use queues instead.... JUST LIKE WOW!). Sucks to be the person trying to level a dps class late due to the game having one of the worst releases since Anarchy Online.

God damn, you're stupid. Small communities don't make a good game especially if the playerbase sucks (I had to stop bubbles as a healer because dps kept hitting the fish guy boss, praying the tank didn't die immediately. Said idiots whined about the tank til I told them they sucked on the boss fight).

FF14 has issues that Squeenix will hopefully tackle (e.g. no content after you level 2 or 3 classes because fate groups are absolutely stupid). Anyway, I'll see how the game turns out within the next month or two, but I really don't see myself leveling anything other than a Conjurer/White Mage and Arcanist/Summoner*. Conjurer and Arcanist were fast (Even faster with Acn leveled to 21), but Thaumaturge bored me to tears (my company leader said it gets better at 15). I have no interest in leveling an alt.

*Scholar's way too lame for my taste, and I can't see myself leveling a Ranger to 15 after completing the side quests. I can only stomach so many dungeons and leves.
    Last edited by Orkwuzhere; 2013-10-05 at 07:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    Yes, having a small community that doesn't do much after they did their grind (thus making the gap between new and old players bigger and unfriendlier like FFXI), and making groups harder to find for people getting into the game are just what mmos need because they didn't poopsock to 50 with the weeabos and otakus who still suck at tanking/healing despite they played the game since day 1 (nobody uses the search features, and use queues instead.... JUST LIKE WOW!). Sucks to be the person trying to level a dps class late due to the game having one of the worst releases since Anarchy Online.
    The design of FFXIV is not the same as XI. Your concerns here are irrelevant when comparing how it is for a new comer coming into XI vs XIV.

God damn, you're stupid. Small communities don't make a good game especially if the playerbase sucks (I had to stop bubbles as a healer because dps kept hitting the fish guy boss, praying the tank didn't die immediately. Said idiots whined about the tank til I told them they sucked on the boss fight).
    Oh because the boom in the MMO genre as a whole certainly breed better players. And you called me stupid? Ha!

FF14 has issues that Squeenix will hopefully tackle (e.g. no content after you level 2 or 3 classes because fate groups are absolutely stupid). Anyway, I'll see how the game turns out within the next month or two, but I really don't see myself leveling anything other than a Conjurer/White Mage and Arcanist/Summoner*. Conjurer and Arcanist were fast (Even faster with Acn leveled to 21), but Thaumaturge bored me to tears (my company leader said it gets better at 15). I have no interest in leveling an alt.
    Sounds like the game isn't for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, no. Enjoyed the game, but burned myself out by overplaying it.

Maybe later after a few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not currently, I might return in the future but right now 5.4 is eating up a lot of my time. I might come back later on early next year during the wow downtime between next expansion.

Kitty and I are even arguing about.
    I don't know kitty but I do know he's conversing. You are arguing. Quite frankly it renders me speechless that most of your replies contain so much hostility.

I usually don't do this, but allow me to ask you a courtesy: Stop referring to people who might, or might not have chosen to play this game, as "bandwaggoners". You do not know their reasons. Stop telling others to "GTFO". Stop pretending to know for whom this game is and isn't made. One can dislike features and objectively criticise the core. That doesn't mean the game "isn't for them". Last, but not least: Control your primal reactions. Negative stimuli might provoke them, but you're in charge of how you express yourself, moreso in writing.

Thanks.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-10-05 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I don't know kitty but I do know he's conversing. You are arguing. Quite frankly it renders me speechless that most of your replies contain so much hostility.

I usually don't do this, but allow me to ask you a courtesy: Stop referring to people who might, or might not have chosen to play this game, as "bandwaggoners". You do not know their reasons. Stop telling others to "GTFO". Stop pretending to know for whom this game is and isn't made. One can dislike features and objectively criticise the core. That doesn't mean the game "isn't for them". Last, but not least: Control your primal reactions. Negative stimuli might provoke them, but you're in charge of how you express yourself, moreso in writing.

Thanks.
    Wrapping a persons words in a pretty bow doesn't make it any less hostile, it just sets off less red flags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for the sake of getting it out there - As much as I support this game - This thread is a great indication of how toxic the End-Game Community is. People apparently aren't allowed to like/dislike their own things. Because it will eventually piss someone off on the other side of the fence because you're always wrong and they're always right.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread sums up the official forums and community quite nicely, honestly think it's just time to let it go and whoever leaves or stays will continue having their own opinions on the game without coming into a flame war.