View Poll Results: Will you continue subscription?

Voters
445. This poll is closed
  • Yes

217 48.76%
  • No

228 51.24%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. Kinda. I bought a game time card to get the Fantasia potion to race change. So technically, yeah, renewed for 2 months. That said. Not sure the game will keep me that long. The asthetics, sound , and general FF feel only get you so far.

Still think its a pretty good game, but this last stretch 40-50 was a pain, filled with FATE grinding due to lack of side quests, the mandatory dungeons still don't really please me, and theres so many QoL features missing. Plus the end game is narrow. Gear treadmill and thats about it.

I'll probably grind a Bard to 50, and level at least one or two professions to 50, Weaver and Leatherworking (? is this the name for it?) most likely. That will keep me a few more weeks, likely another month. After that, i'll either wait for the patch and see whats up, or call it quits there. Was worth the money but in the end the details matter. To me at least.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-09-29 at 12:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't resubbed yet.

When I went to play a month ago, only JP servers were available, and it's unbearable. The ever present 1-2 sec of latency for every single action is not worth renewing a sub for. If they release server transfers and give one away free, I will resub. but if they don't give me a free xfer off that server I shouldn't be on because of their bad launch, then I will not be giving them any money.

I also hit 47 and am relegated to FATE grinding, so I just... don't.. want to play. FATE grinding sucks, especially when you can't even talk to any of the people around you (and it's also very difficult to get into a group anyway, there seems to be some sort of enmity about someone who can't speak Japanese on Ifrit-JP, even if you use the translate thing.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Hell YES!! I am having so much fun playing this game right now. It has its fair share of issues/growing pains, but I just love it regardless. They will be getting my money every month for the forseeable future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I haven't resubbed yet.

When I went to play a month ago, only JP servers were available, and it's unbearable. The ever present 1-2 sec of latency for every single action is not worth renewing a sub for. If they release server transfers and give one away free, I will resub. but if they don't give me a free xfer off that server I shouldn't be on because of their bad launch, then I will not be giving them any money.

I also hit 47 and am relegated to FATE grinding, so I just... don't.. want to play. FATE grinding sucks, especially when you can't even talk to any of the people around you (and it's also very difficult to get into a group anyway, there seems to be some sort of enmity about someone who can't speak Japanese on Ifrit-JP, even if you use the translate thing.)
    You know that before the game released they allowed transfers, so its your own fault you are stuck on a JP server.

10+ Year Old Account
    How could I have transferred before the game released? The game wasn't released.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Still think its a pretty good game, but this last stretch 40-50 was a pain, filled with FATE grinding due to lack of side quests, the mandatory dungeons still don't really please me, and theres so many QoL features missing. Plus the end game is narrow.
    If you were on top of your storyline quests there were plenty of sidequests in that 40-50 range.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    How could I have transferred before the game released? The game wasn't released.
    because they had server transfers available prior to release to make sure EU US players were not stuck on JP servers, you just had to transfer to another LEGACY server. Pretty sure they sent e-mails to anyone who had an account prior to 2.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    because they had server transfers available prior to release to make sure EU US players were not stuck on JP servers, you just had to transfer to another LEGACY server. Pretty sure they sent e-mails to anyone who had an account prior to 2.0.
    What about those that didn't have a pre-2.0 account? How do you server transfer a character which doesn't exist or wasn't even made? Not sure what you wanted to say with this other than old vets being able to server transfer.

- - - Updated - - -

If you were on top of your storyline quests there were plenty of sidequests in that 40-50 range.
    Define plenty. Because it sure isn't plenty enough to get you from level to level.

10+ Year Old Account

Are you joking? Not everyone's a pre-2.0 player...

The game launched. I wasn't going to play initially because I'm not a fan of these kinds of class systems, but my friend gave me a free copy, so I tried to roll on Siren - US, which was the server he'd been on for a week. When I made my toon, EVERY SINGLE US/EU server was locked. So I just rolled on a JP one - one of the few that was open, that is.

And I'm not the only one. There's a whole slew of people in the JP dungeon systems that play during peak times for NA regions that are just as incensed about being stranded on servers out of our region through no fault of our own. I've also seen smatterings of Spanish and French people on my server specifically talking in /sh.

Annnnd there haven't been server transfers up in the entire time I played. Unless they were introduced in the last week? I haven't played in a week or so because of how frustrated I am with that game. So if xfers are out, you should tell me so I can run to get one.

But if they aren't, then I have no way of having my toon transferred anywhere and never have. And the reason I was made to roll on a JP server is because of THEIR shitty launch, so why on earth should I have to pay for a transfer when it's not my fault? Why should anyone who was displaced have to pay to get off of their unfortunate lot? What about people who couldn't roll on their friend's server because it got locked an hour after their friend made the toon?

Define plenty. Because it sure isn't plenty enough to get you from level to level.
    Yeah, I don't know what he's going on about. I stayed on top of my story quest - sometimes I got a little behind it, but, that just means the locations I was in ended up bringing forth MORE quests anyway - and at 44, I was out of ways to level except for dungeons and FATEs. So I ground FATEs to 45 and then did my class quest which brought me to Mor Dhona. That got me to 47. Now I'm stuck again.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-09-29 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you didn't have a pre 2.0 account you wouldn't need to server transfer... you would be foolish to make your first character on a server not in your region. and by plenty i mean enough to usually get half of each level from quest turn ins, not all of the experience. Quests are there as a little filler, not as your primary means of experience acquisition.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you didn't have a pre 2.0 account you wouldn't need to server transfer... you would be foolish to make your first character on a server not in your region. and by plenty i mean enough to usually get half of each level from quest turn ins, not all of the experience. Quests are there as a little filler, not as your primary means of experience acquisition.
    So.. not enough. Got it.

Underlined : Is that so? Weird that i could get every level solely on quests and they were your primary means of experience acquisition between 1 to 37 ish and then they suddenly dry up.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-09-29 at 12:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would still say you were foolish for making your character in a region not your own, its your own fault and you must sleep in the bed you have made.

- - - Updated - - -

So.. not enough. Got it.
    they were never there to get you all of every level... meh you can be incensed by whatever you please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manybadgers View Post
    No. Grinding the same dungeon over and over isn't fun to me.
    That's basically what end game is in every mmo with end game.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you didn't have a pre 2.0 account you wouldn't need to server transfer... you would be foolish to make your first character on a server not in your region.
    I didn't have a choice. The only open servers were JP.

And if you're about to suggest I should have waited, that'd have been dumb. My free month from the box was already ticking. It took 2 or 3 weeks for Siren - US to be open to toon creation. (I know because the second it opened, I made a placeholder character for when xfers finally opened up.)

So it's a lose-lose. I either got fucked server-wise and at least got to play, or got fucked playtime wise and got to wait 3 weeks (at the time of the decision though the wait time was unknown) before I could play on the right server. I chose the option that didn't waste money.

But the fact that that situation even arose says to me that they ought to hand out at least one free server xfer to each account. Because there is a zero percent chance that I'm the only person affected (in fact, I know I'm not) and that is just plain unfair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Levequests, guildhests, dungeons, FATEs oh my, so few ways to gain experience.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you played for the first 2 weeks or just afk'd like everyone else that wanted to stay ingame but there were thousands of people that could not even login into a server let alone make a character on them(considering after the first 3 days all servers were locked). It literally was if you wanted to play and were not able to make a character on US/EU servers you had to make one on the JP servers whether your friends played on them or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Squenix did drop the ball with their servers. They grossly underestimated the number of interested players in the game. to take a game that was struggling to have enough active players to this re-release with some much volume was obviously unexpected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Not sure if you played for the first 2 weeks or just afk'd like everyone else that wanted to stay ingame but there were thousands of people that could not even login into a server let alone make a character on them(considering after the first 3 days all servers were locked). It literally was if you wanted to play and were not able to make a character on US/EU servers you had to make one on the JP servers whether your friends played on them or not.
    I have US folks on our FC in a EU server. What he suggests is, you made the purchase to play the game, registered the account and thus had your game time counting, then NOT PLAY until you could make a character on your region servers. Which took a couple of weeks or more for them to lift the character creation locks. I personally got lucky to be able to make my character in the EU in the first few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, i've spoken my mind, i shall hereby leave this thread, because i'm honestly helping derailing it with this conversation. =p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Squenix did drop the ball with their servers. They grossly underestimated the number of interested players in the game. to take a game that was struggling to have enough active players to this re-release with some much volume was obviously unexpected.
    And honestly I am okay with that. I never expect a launch to be pretty.

But I DO expect them to atone for it. Which means free server transfers for the thousands of people who got manhandled into a bad position by SE's failings. Hopefully their announcement a yearish ago about them stopping being shitheads with their IPs will help them reflect on the launch and make a proper decision.

Which brings it back full circle: I honestly like this game a lot! But unfortunately, the bad position I got shoved into has made me not want to play it. So, no, I'm not resubbing until it gets fixed. And if they make me pay for their problem, I won't be resubbing at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also is it just me or this poll is close to 50/50 ? Wow. Didn't expect so many players leaving the first month. The game isn't perfect but it isn't that bad either.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also is it just me or this poll is close to 50/50 ? Wow. Didn't expect so many players leaving the first month. The game isn't perfect but it isn't that bad either.
    Well you also have to look at the core audience for this site, considering it's a poll without names there are a handful that could just be trolls coming to say they never touched the game and therefore won't sub. Beyond that quite a few people may just want to see what 5.4 is like since most probably played WoW before this and don't want to keep this going too when 2.1 is alteast another month off.