Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Make people actually have to perform their rotations correctly to kill mobs.

Or apply a few more quasi-arcade games like the one in Hillsbrad, make them redoable + good exp awards. Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine de Coolette View Post
    I think it would be wise for you to re-read my post.

Questing on rails- while fun for introductory zones -is annoying in pretty much ALL of the following regions.
    If I would listen to your advice and go to a different zone, there I TOO would be forced to grind out every single quest to reach even a modicum of progress!
    I took this line as meaning Zones when you said locations: In WoW you are FORCED to effectively exhaust every quest in a location to progress to further locations

If that is not what you meant, I apologize for misunderstanding.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well leveling now feels quite meaningless to me, I do not however think that you simply should be able to make your character level 90 from the character creation screen.
    I've recently tried out a vanilla server, and its pretty tough to level up. Every time i log on i keep thinking "it takes o long to level, this is such a drag etc". But I find myself having alot of fun adventuring through the zones. I need to go look for quests, and when i find one it kind of feels special. You have to read the quest log in order to actualy complete the quests, so often times i know what the quest is all about, i have a clear sense of purpose and the things i do makes sense. In live i just go to alle the exclamation marks i can, kill everything in the direction my map tells me to go and hope that the exclamation marks turn in to question marks, without ever knowing what im actualy trying to acomplish (other than hitting 90 ofc).
    So i get this rewarding feeling when im actualy done with a quest, even though its a pain to read the tekst and figuring out what to do, its a nice payoff at the end.

I also find myself really pshyced to ding each and every level. At the live server the only level that even matters is dinging lvl 90, every level before that doesnt feel like anything, the only thing im excited to do is ding 90.
    But at the vanilla server when i ding from 36-37 i can actualy go get some new quests that have been grey marks all this time, i can finaly equip that new blue shoulder that I got at 34, now i finaly equip that shit , I get a new talent that i've been waiting for, and that impossible red level quest is now orange, perhaps i can actualy do it now!
    Every level is something awesome, every single ding has some great reward that i've been drooling to get the past few levels. At live, 36-37 takes me less that 10 minutes, and my character is just as powerfull at 37 as he was on 36, and he will be just as powerfull at 38 as well. And i wont even unlock something cool

Or apply a few more quasi-arcade games like the one in Hillsbrad, make them redoable + good exp awards. Problem solved!
    I think this would make newer players or bad players learn poorly. It wouldn't be good in the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I think this would make newer players or bad players learn poorly. It wouldn't be good in the end.
    But you'd have less of them coming to whine about experience that teaches nothing. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    WoW leveling is dull and boring because it's trivial yes. But I'd rather it be dull, boring and trivial then dull, boring, hard, and time consuming. You can hit 90 in like 30-35 hours played, in BC going 1-70 would take like 50 hours or more. And it wasn't more fun back then, it was still dull and boring, it just took longer and required more focus. It's better like this, the quicker you can hit max level the better.
    is that what WoW has done to you? reduced your expectations to that level? "it may be easy and dull, but it could be worse, it could be hard and dull".

surely with a games company that pulls in a billion dollars a year in income for this game, its not unreasonable to expect that a significant part of the game would actually be, you know, good?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KoldT View Post
    Leveling is fun imo.

I'm one of those who lvl alts all the time, because i find endgame boring. Been raiding since Vanilla untill late wrath, and LFR from when it came untill now, so i've done my share of endgame already. Most of the classes changes every expansion, and for me thats a whole new experience. Plus each class have 3 specs, must try everyone!

Endgame is so boring.
    Same here. Leveling 17 alts currently and doing it slowly, so I can enjoy every aspect of it.
    Getting all professions up, all recipes, gaining gold, gathering mats ... So much to do.
    Endgame is just boring for me since Wrath.

Deleted
    IMHO if but only IF they removed levels and made the entire available content scaled to our current max then hell yes. They would need to remake a lot of things but it would be worth it. Then in time, make solo scenarios or more interesting quests in the entire world.

Deleted
    I'm playing on vanilla private server at the moment, and I gotta say I enjoy the leveling tremendously. It's hard, it's long, it feels like an achievement. Leveling from Cataclysm (and even a bit earlier, with too many elite mobs nerfed) became absolutely dull and horrible, remaking of an old world was one of the biggest reasons why I quit the game I used to love.

But you'd have less of them coming to whine about experience that teaches nothing. :>
    Haha maybe, maybe you're right on that part.

I just think they should make it a little harder, put elites back in, put elite quests back in, put cross zone quests back in.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    No, leveling is the best part of this game. Gearing is frustrating and trivial and blizzard just needs to add scale up system in pvp and instance pve.
    I wouldn't readily agree with leveling being the best part of the game, but it's a hell of a lot less annoying than gearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Nope. If they removed leveling, the horrible players would be even more horrible.
    Not if they made like a tutorial scenario that explains your class when you make a pre-made character.

Deleted
    Wow is pretty good arcade game, not very good rpg game.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Not if they made like a tutorial scenario that explains your class when you make a pre-made character.
    Something tells me that wouldn't be popular. They should just add a tutorial in at 90, make leveling more challenging in general, not "longer."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Wow is pretty good arcade game, not very good rpg game.
    If you believe that, then play something else.

Deleted
    I can only imagine how it might be big turn off for new players, they need to first buy all those games, then level 90 levels which seems like forever. Wow could get a lot of new blood if game went fully on arcade route and gave premade characters for everyone.

I can only imagine how it might be big turn off for new players, they need to first buy all those games, then level 90 levels which seems like forever. Wow could get a lot of new blood if game went fully on arcade route and gave premade characters for everyone.
    Please god just stop. I enjoyed the old leveling better, but I still think leveling now can be fun. You need a new game. Stop trying to change WoW. Free 90's is an awful idea and will cause much quicker carousel players.

Deleted
    How do you argue that wow would lose more than gain? I would say there are lots of lost customers just because people cant stand leveling process. Probably countless abandoned accounts are there who stopped playing mid leveling.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that people should have to pay for only the classic game and the latest expansion, while free 90 characters is bullshit. If that were to happen next people would want premade characters with full 522 gear etc. Thats a never ending circle of demands. Nobody should get anything for free, you should have to work for it.

How do you argue that wow would lose more than gain? I would say there are lots of lost customers just because people cant stand leveling process. Probably countless abandoned accounts are there who stopped playing mid leveling.
    People would already have most of the work done for them. They would be bad at playing, and then start doing dungeons. They would likely get frustrated at how little they know, and they amount they would have to learn. Experienced players would get frustrated with the newer ones. LFR would be a bigger jump for those players too.

Once they geared up one toon through grinding LFR, why would they want to keep going?

I hear more whines about grinding than the leveling process in general. Blizzard made it how the players wanted. Shorter and much easier.

Deleted
    That skill argument again, how fucking many times it is needed to be told that people when they hit max level they usually dont know shit, premade characters dont change anything