Thread: Guardian 4 pc

Guardian 4 pc

Apologies if this has been discussed but I havent been able to find anything definitive. How good is this 4pc? Is their an ICD? It sounds potentially incredible but the only opinion I have found felt it was rather meh.

It's really good at smoothing out damage. No ICD. Rolls like Ignite.

Seems rather trivial to keep 100% uptime on this. Can you have multiple heals rolling at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Seems rather trivial to keep 100% uptime on this. Can you have multiple heals rolling at the same time?
    The only sad part is that it doesn't interact with T&C on some level, since I've had Ursoc's Vigor (aka, the 4pc) drop if I was really fortunate with chain-procs of T&C and not need FR/SD for extended periods of time. Generally not game-breaking, since it revolves around luck to some degree when it comes to T&C.

I'm a little confused about what you're asking with respect to having multiple heals rolling at the same time. As Arelle mentioned, using SD/FR prior to Ursoc's Vigor expiring refreshes the duration and acts like the Ignite mechanic in terms of add power based upon how much of the heal was left when refreshed.

With respect to the power of the heal, it depends on your Vengeance and what you're doing. My heroic Malkorok logs have me peaking out at 97k UVig ticks per second, and it ended up being 10% of my total heals taken by the end of the encounter. On the other end of the Vengeance spectrum, while the heals seem much smaller, it offers quite a bit of personal survival, which is especially noticeable if you're into soloing content that can push the boundaries of what Guardians can do (but still applicable to raiding certainly). If you take Nalak as an example, the Vengeance isn't really something special and there are tons of "papercut"-style sources of damage that add up over time... and the 4pc reduces the impact of those sources of damage very well even at lower Vengeance levels. A similar mechanic would be present in Spoils (normal or heroic really), where there are so many sources of pulsing/DoT damage... and the 4pc set bonus makes them really trivial in most cases.

That's the forte of this set bonus, as it really does smooth out damage or mitigate/cancel out constant pulsing/DoT damage on ourselves.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-10-04 at 12:17 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I'm a little confused about what you're asking with respect to having multiple heals rolling at the same time. As Arelle mentioned, using SD/FR prior to Ursoc's Vigor expiring refreshes the duration and acts like the Ignite mechanic in terms of add power based upon how much of the heal was left when refreshed.
    I wasn't familiar with the ignite mechanic, so it refreshes instead of stacks. During certain cooldowns it would have been possible to have up 2-3 stacks. It still sounds quite to me good though.