Page 1 of 2
LastLast

rune of fallen MH?

ok so I was tweaking my stats and askmrrobot.com told me to switch my runes to what I've always believed to be the highest, razor on mh and fallen on off. it was purely by accident and a new weapon drop that I had them reversed. so, I quickly changed them back and feeling like a noob I went to the dummy. I must have tried it about 10x each way and not sure why but I didn't break 200k with razor on mh, but every 5 min test with fallen on mh I was over 200kdps. no buffs or army just smacking it, I did have h.o.w as its part of priority rotation. I also never lost my stacks having razor on off hand, now simc with 10000 iterations showed it about a 4k loss. however, in testing it was an increase to have fallen on mh.

my curiosity is has anyone else noticed this? am I crazy? after looking more into it, I notice a few high end dw frost dks with fallen on mh, like arv from blood legion, and mendedbarr from divide, which most should know from all their theorcrafting.

any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm ilevel 558 with 71% mastery both bis trinkets and 2 set t16 and t15 so far.
    Last edited by damescool; 2013-09-28 at 03:15 PM.

The razorice bug has been fixed, fallen crusader on main hand is better now because soul reaper still isn't on threat of thassarian so you get more main hand attacks overall.

That being said the difference isn't anything like 10-20k dps.

I may have accidentally used my ghoul a couple attempts and not the others, so I will update my OP to not reflect that big of a difference. however, not looking at logs right now it was somewhat significant, as every attempt was over 200k, yet with razor on mh I was upper 190's only 1 over 200k rng and all.

thank you for your fast response, I was not aware of the bug fix.
    Last edited by damescool; 2013-09-28 at 03:20 PM.

When was the razor ice bug fixed? When 5.4 came out it wasn't fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonance View Post
    When was the razor ice bug fixed? When 5.4 came out it wasn't fixed.
    mendenbarr comments on the fix from his website a week ago

This still hasn't addressed the overall loss from MH Razorice if your MH is a higher item level then your offhand.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    This still hasn't addressed the overall loss from MH Razorice if your MH is a higher item level then your offhand.

This is completely incorrect. Razorice's damage is calculated, as of this bugfix, as 3% of the mainhand's weapon damage, no matter what hand the runeforge is on. This is easily testable with skada/recount average damage, a grey 1h and a current illvl 1h.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    This is completely incorrect. Razorice's damage is calculated, as of this bugfix, as 3% of the mainhand's weapon damage, no matter what hand the runeforge is on. This is easily testable with skada/recount average damage, a grey 1h and a current illvl 1h.
    Wasn't aware of that being part of the fix, I was always under the assumption Razorice was based on the weapon damage of the weapon it was applied to.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

It actually has worked that way for as long as I can remember. However the RI bug doubled it for no apparent reason if RI was on the MH.

So for DW, the proper runeforge is MH=Fallen, OH= RI now?

Good to know. It's my offspec and I don't play it much, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis.

Quote Originally Posted by Soularpower View Post
    So for DW, the proper runeforge is MH=Fallen, OH= RI now?
    This is correct most of the time, the exceptions are rare situations like if your offhand is slower than your mainhand.

That's the proper usage, and what you should do (and what I will do) but the reality is that with the bugs fixed it really doesn't matter now.

Quote Originally Posted by damescool View Post
    ok so I was tweaking my stats and askmrrobot.com told me to switch my runes to what I've always believed to be the highest, razor on mh and fallen on off. it was purely by accident and a new weapon drop that I had them reversed. so, I quickly changed them back and feeling like a noob I went to the dummy. I must have tried it about 10x each way and not sure why but I didn't break 200k with razor on mh, but every 5 min test with fallen on mh I was over 200kdps. no buffs or army just smacking it, I did have h.o.w as its part of priority rotation. I also never lost my stacks having razor on off hand, now simc with 10000 iterations showed it about a 4k loss. however, in testing it was an increase to have fallen on mh.

my curiosity is has anyone else noticed this? am I crazy? after looking more into it, I notice a few high end dw frost dks with fallen on mh, like arv from blood legion, and mendedbarr from divide, which most should know from all their theorcrafting.

any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm ilevel 558 with 71% mastery both bis trinkets and 2 set t16 and t15 so far.
    I thought the purpose on that is because your offhand always hits. Hence gives higher uptime on Fallen Crusader.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    I thought the purpose on that is because your offhand always hits.
    This bug has also been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Ah k, so I can main hand FC then...good to know

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always used Fallen Crusader for MH and Razorice for OH
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I've always used Fallen Crusader for MH and Razorice for OH
    Prior to 5.4 you were wrong to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    As far as I know this has not been fixed and the off-hand always lands on abilities regardless of the main hand hitting or not. If for some reason a boss requires you to dps from the front it would be better to use RotFC on the off-hand, I guess.

I just asked Arv to check his logs and verify since he doesn't have his off-hand exp capped and he wasn't getting dodges with his off-hand abilities on a sample of "a lot of attempts on Garrosh".

Edit: As for the off-hand landing when the main hand does not, you can test this easily by going to the boss dummy and hitting it from the front until you get parried. You will see an off-hand attack still going off.
    Last edited by Lamperouqe; 2013-10-01 at 06:08 AM.

I'm reasonably sure I recall getting offhand misses during epicenter on feng.

I guess it could have been changed but not completely fixed.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epicenter (Feng) reduces your chance to hit by 75%