[help needed] is destro better than affliction for me ?

Recently I am doing mediocre dps in raids as affliction where some people that have lesser item levels than me are doing close to me. Then after wards me and a friend spent some time on simulationcraft to see how much did the hot fix affect my dps and we discovered that SImc is telling me that i should be doing 190k as afflic and 201k as destro in affliction gear. and weirdly enough our frost dk who is 10 item levels less than me is simulating 14k more than me :/

SO guys is simulation craft doing something wrong or is affliction really bad for my gear level:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Ace/advanced

can someone tell me what am i doing wrong as afflic(geming and reforges) or can you tell me whether that destro is the way to go, i cant seem to trust simc. I don't think my problem is from my rotation as affliction because i used to do really good before and I have researched others rotations and they are the same as me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destro sims higher for me too, but I'm not entirely sure I trust the new SimC yet. It got me curious enough to actually try Destro though and I found that I do more actual DPS when I tried Destro in limited action. I'll be doing further playing in the spec this week to see if it's true when done throughout everything I do.

The difference between using my Affli set up for Destro was smaller then using my Destro set-up for Affli, so (for now) I stuck with my Affli set-up so I can easily switch between the 2 and properly test this week.

Best advice anyone can give you is to give it a shot and try playing as Destro to see if your results are indeed better. There's just too many variables and unknowns at the moment to know if we can trust our theorycrafting and Simming. In those cases you go to the most reliable way to test things: you actually go do them and check the results you get.

Deleted
    Pretty much what Xfkarma said. I've simmed my character and Destro is on top by quite a bit. Seems abit strange to me though, Been playing destro a few fights in OoS and It's actually been better than Affliction. Although I find destro boring I'm still gonna be using it for now. Sac/mastery build anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiomie View Post
    Pretty much what Xfkarma said. I've simmed my character and Destro is on top by quite a bit. Seems abit strange to me though, Been playing destro a few fights in OoS and It's actually been better than Affliction. Although I find destro boring I'm still gonna be using it for now. Sac/mastery build anyway.
    What is the dps difference between gosac and gosup, i feel that gosac is unfavorable in SOO :/. for example it is hard to clip CBs on genral nazgrim if there are many ravagers around( group fails)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Destro sims higher for me too, but I'm not entirely sure I trust the new SimC yet. It got me curious enough to actually try Destro though and I found that I do more actual DPS when I tried Destro in limited action. I'll be doing further playing in the spec this week to see if it's true when done throughout everything I do.

The difference between using my Affli set up for Destro was smaller then using my Destro set-up for Affli, so (for now) I stuck with my Affli set-up so I can easily switch between the 2 and properly test this week.

Best advice anyone can give you is to give it a shot and try playing as Destro to see if your results are indeed better. There's just too many variables and unknowns at the moment to know if we can trust our theorycrafting and Simming. In those cases you go to the most reliable way to test things: you actually go do them and check the results you get.
    All of my guildies are simming higher than me in all my specs, is it that my class does way better in bis gear than other classes?? our frost dk who is 530 is simming 13k more than me :/