Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
... LastLast
  1. #341
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your air conditioning
    Posts
    280
    1.) Has anyone else seen an INCREASE in chance of joining an lfr ALREADY IN PROGRESS? I don't WANT THAT. I want a FRESH RUN.
    CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT~~

    2.) I am sitting in an LFR, an LFR that was already in progress btw, and we get to the trash for the Korkron Shaman boss. Two of the tanks leave. I am now waiting with 20+ other people for new tanks. 10 Mins pass - nothing.
    I love how you counter yourself. You want a fresh run right? LEAVE. Maybe then you could have done something more productive instead of turning into a whine bag.
    GC : Reclaimer, Everything you say is real and I respect you because you tell it.
    Reclaimer : When you say " Plz " instead of please, I say " No " because its shorter than Yes.
    Relliks : Dude, Reclaimer's fucking epic. He's got the right to quote himself.

  2. #342
    Agree OP

    The ones that don't agree are the lemmings that love LFR. It's trash, it should be removed from the game. YOU get over it. Take some time and find a flex raid u lazy people for god sakes.

    LFR will be replaced by flex, you heard it here.

  3. #343
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your air conditioning
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Notnicebb View Post
    Agree OP

    The ones that don't agree are the lemmings that love LFR. It's trash, it should be removed from the game. YOU get over it. Take some time and find a flex raid u lazy people for god sakes.

    LFR will be replaced by flex, you heard it here.
    Nope never.
    GC : Reclaimer, Everything you say is real and I respect you because you tell it.
    Reclaimer : When you say " Plz " instead of please, I say " No " because its shorter than Yes.
    Relliks : Dude, Reclaimer's fucking epic. He's got the right to quote himself.

  4. #344
    It's funny that those who don't agree are the lemmings.

    I just did SoO LFR first wing for the first time. We one shot every boss and the only one we even came close to wiping on was Sha of Pride because the other guy who was tanking with me didn't quite understand how the prisons worked so some folks died their and others had a hard time avoiding stuff on the ground. We still beat him with around 16/25 people up, though.

    So in other words, anecdotal evidence is anecdotal and, just as has always been the case with LFR, sometimes you get a fresh run other times a run already in progress. Sometimes you get an awesome group other times you get a bunch of idiots. If you don't like it, don't que for it and stick with flex/normal.

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Sounds like people who don't like killing bosses and just want loot.

    Good thing we're catering to these people. Fucking, excellent.
    Nope... sounds like people who like killing bosses but don't want to spend 3 freaking hours repeatedly attempting the same boss with people switching in and out after each wipe, causing you to spend another 5-10 minutes re-explaining the same fight yet again. That's why this isn't tenable in LFR. In an organized raid group I go in with the same people week in and week out. We wipe 3-4 times and learn a little more each wipe. The first week we try the boss more times than I can count but eventually take it down. The second week there's one more two wipes where we re-learn what we forgot from the previous week, and after that the boss is pretty much "on farm" and we one-shot it. I'm sorry, but that's not an option with 24 strangers.

    Here's why the mechanics can't be so complex in LFR: Getting 24 strangers to stop DPS during defensive stance AND kill the banner ASAP AND interrupt the shamans AND kill the healing totems followed by shamans AND stun the Ironblades so they don't whirlwind through the raid AND stay out of the heroic shockwave is pretty close to impossible.

    That having been said, they seem to have nerfed the fight already. Four stacks of determination without seeing a single axe from ravage tonight. The first wipe we had issues with people not interrupting shamans and killing totems so the boss kept getting healed and he eventually enraged. After that the new limiting factor was keeping people focused on the adds when the boss is close to death. Some idiot kept calling for everyone to burn the boss right at the moment where he spawns a double wave of adds. That bonehead was only doing 40k dps to boot. Once we kicked him we finally took Nazgrim down.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Why are you guys even wasting time on LFR? The gear is 7 lvls lower than that of Timeless Isle and takes way longer to get than those 535 tokens, and is usually horribly itemised (hit/crit gear for casters is useless).
    Have you done LFR? SoO LFR gear is 528. Timeless Isle gear is 496. Last time I checked 528 - 496 = 32, not -7.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    I just did SoO LFR first wing for the first time. We one shot every boss and the only one we even came close to wiping on was Sha of Pride because the other guy who was tanking with me didn't quite understand how the prisons worked so some folks died their and others had a hard time avoiding stuff on the ground. We still beat him with around 16/25 people up, though.
    Then count your blessings. They nerfed it massively this week. Also, second wing is where it really gets problematic. I did all of the first wing tonight with only one wipe and I did three of the four second wing bosses in two separate runs. I had to leave the first group because there was too much trolling and fail tanking (to the point where I thought the tank was trolling) going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    So in other words, anecdotal evidence is anecdotal and, just as has always been the case with LFR, sometimes you get a fresh run other times a run already in progress. Sometimes you get an awesome group other times you get a bunch of idiots. If you don't like it, don't que for it and stick with flex/normal.
    Sadly the crucial factor here is the tank. I hate that they automatically give leadership to the tanks every time. If one of the tanks knows what they're doing it's a success. Otherwise it's very chancy at best.

  6. #346
    High Overlord M00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    102
    Normal/heroic raiders have been complaining since LFR's introduction that they felt forced to do it to be as competetive as possible in their main runs.

    Blizzard has finally successfully removed the need for these people to do LFR with a mixture of introducing flex and making the LFR ilvl so low that it just isn't worth it.

    Side effect is that these people were actually the ones holding LFR groups together.

  7. #347
    I think they nerfed Nazgrim too. Miraculously 1 shot it tonight.

  8. #348
    Field Marshal fableman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Latvia
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by M00 View Post
    Normal/heroic raiders have been complaining since LFR's introduction that they felt forced to do it to be as competetive as possible in their main runs.

    Blizzard has finally successfully removed the need for these people to do LFR with a mixture of introducing flex and making the LFR ilvl so low that it just isn't worth it.

    Side effect is that these people were actually the ones holding LFR groups together.
    I second this.

  9. #349
    High Overlord Sqeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    129
    I think one of the biggest problems with LFR at the moment is that people do not get penalized when leaving mid raid, especially healer and tanks. They just leave and requeue if they can't be arsed to wait a minute or two. This could be easily resolved by giving people who leave mid raid a penalty (deserter debuff) for something like 2 hours.

    The difficulty itself isn't a problem in my eyes. It will get easier once the people get some upgrades and learn the fights. Although the mechanics are less forgiving it still is possible to down the bosses even with 10 brain dead people in the raid.

  10. #350
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,666
    Quote Originally Posted by M00 View Post
    Normal/heroic raiders have been complaining since LFR's introduction that they felt forced to do it to be as competetive as possible in their main runs.

    Blizzard has finally successfully removed the need for these people to do LFR with a mixture of introducing flex and making the LFR ilvl so low that it just isn't worth it.

    Side effect is that these people were actually the ones holding LFR groups together.
    Considering the mess that ToT LFR was the first week they did a pretty terrible job of it. People learned the fights then, they'll likely figure it out now.

    Alts will play a part too.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  11. #351
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Have you done LFR? SoO LFR gear is 528. Timeless Isle gear is 496. Last time I checked 528 - 496 = 32, not -7.
    496 Token + Burden of Eternity = 535 Item.

    Yes Timeless isle stuff is 7 item levels better than LFR, provided RNG doesn't screw you with the stats.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    496 Token + Burden of Eternity = 535 Item.

    Yes Timeless isle stuff is 7 item levels better than LFR, provided RNG doesn't screw you with the stats.
    Most of the Timeless gear have no sockets, which is worth way more than 7 ilvls.

  13. #353
    Timeless Isle gear is horribly itemized unless you get very lucky with its enchantment, and even then (for a rogue at least) most LFR SoO gear is significantly better stat wise than Timeless Gear even without taking into consideration set bonuses, sockets, the insanely good trinkets from Siege, and the inability to obtain weapons on the Isle. The only exceptions are Timeless Head, Chest, and Legs and the difference isn't much. Not to mention that getting Burdens for every slot is an insane grind unless you're extremely lucky. Then again some would say the same about LFR. xD

    You're much better off running Siege if you care at all about optimization (to clear Brawler's Guild for example.) If you just care about getting your item level as high as possible then that's another matter (and you'd still need to get weapons, a trinket, and the Legendary Cloak through some LFR at least.)

  14. #354
    Bloodsail Admiral Cryonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SYS 64738
    Posts
    1,033
    First of the new raids took me 3 hours on char 1 and 4 hours on char 2. like 5x the time of LFR before. One thing I learned is to not queue too close to food time :P
    ..:: Lvl 90's: 50 ::..

  15. #355
    The problem is that Flex allows your LFR "carriers" (the Tanks,the exceptional DPS and Heals) to completely opt-out. This sends LFR into a nose-dive.

    In the past, LFR has always been rocky just after a patch and a wing opens... but I don't know if the curve will smooth out at this point. Players need to experience LFR to understand and master the new mechanics and right now, groups are simply falling apart, fast, and folks are giving up. It seems bleak.

  16. #356
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    Most of the Timeless gear have no sockets, which is worth way more than 7 ilvls.
    As far as I know, a socket counts as a "common" quality gem when computing item stat budget.

    So, an item with a socket is potentially worth 80 more of a secondary stat or 40 more of a primary stat, which is not a big deal. However, no socket means less flexibility. But that's only a big deal if the item is poorly itemized to start with.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    496 Token + Burden of Eternity = 535 Item.

    Yes Timeless isle stuff is 7 item levels better than LFR, provided RNG doesn't screw you with the stats.
    But the burdens are a lot harder to get than LFR items no?

  18. #358
    From someone who has been tortured in LFr, I'm glad it's suffering. Sorry, but someone had to say it. I have 3 tank alts that I used to tank LFR with. It was single handedly the most painful experience of my life - to the point where you'd be flamed, booted, kicked, because of many things, such as healer AFK's, DPS ninjapulling, Mechanic fails, etcetc. This means tanking has taken a nosedive now. You'd also be flamed at for daring to queue in to LFR as part of a guild group, and if you sounded like a raider, you'd also be flamed.

    LFR reaps exactly what it sows. You wanted a difficulty for people who just want to do LFR? You wanted the raiders/guilded people/mean elitists to stay out of LFR? You've got your wish. Just sleep in the bed. It becomes harder to tan kand heal in LFR, with no incentives whatsoever to do so. You talk about poorly itemized timeless gear. 535 Timeless will get you in to Flex. Then you skip the torture of LFR.

  19. #359
    Legendary! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    6,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    First of the new raids took me 3 hours on char 1 and 4 hours on char 2. like 5x the time of LFR before. One thing I learned is to not queue too close to food time :P
    For some reason tanks in LFR like to take 5 minutes between trash pulls before Dark Shamans. I mean, are you shitting me?

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    For some reason tanks in LFR like to take 5 minutes between trash pulls before Dark Shamans. I mean, are you shitting me?
    Maybe the tanks new to the raid or something? You could also tank your self if you dislike the wait.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •