Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    The only reason LFR "worked" is because there were a lot of decent players who felt forced to play it for a variety of reasons, and they carried all the baddies.

    Now with a huge chunk of those players no longer feel forced to play it, and as such LFR has lost a ton of the players who were carrying the dead weight and now it's just the dead weight.

    This is just how it has to be though, it's bad design to force people to do something they don't like because others can't cut it.

    They can and will just nerf LFR even more until it's basically impossible to fail at.
    Yet more rubbish.

    The devs have commented that the success rates of groups doing LFR is about the same as it was previously. Have you got any evidence to back up your BS claims? No? k.

    LFR might get nerfs IF its warranted. I suspect with more people getting better gear the encounters will start falling a lot easier.

  2. #222
    You don't have to sit staring at the screen if people leave LFR. Port out and do whatever you want while waiting.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I've had groups with 3 stacks of determination on Immersieus. I've had a group one shotting everything. There are no problem encounters in the first two wings. Why do you think there are problem encounters?
    I have not yet done wing 2, but the impression I am getting is the last 2 bosses are the problem. Of course some groups will be able to do them as intended, but the queue appears to be behaving in a way that says too many groups are not.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I've had groups with 3 stacks of determination on Immersieus. I've had a group one shotting everything. There are no problem encounters in the first two wings. Why do you think there are problem encounters?
    I couldn't say which encounters are the issue, but I keep hearing about tanks leaving about an hour into the raid, followed by 45 minutes to an hour of everyone standing around. I keep hearing the word "tedious" when people on my realm talk about the new raid. These are flex raid groups, it's not just lfr.

    It's easier to yell at tanks than it is too figure out what the raid is doing wrong. Of course, the people who yell or say nasty things in raids, NEVER do anything wrong/make mistakes and that's a huge part of the "problem."

    I'd much rather run around the timeless isle on an alt I haven't played in ages, than get yelled at in LFR.

  5. #225
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    16,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post

    If this is how LFR is after Flex is introduced, I want it removed from the game. It's a waste of resources.
    People are weird- The conclusion should be: "If LFR is like this, I won't join". Why the hell do you want it removed. That is like "I want pvp removed because I dislike the mechanics"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The devs have commented that the success rates of groups doing LFR is about the same as it was previously. Have you got any evidence to back up your BS claims? No? k.
    Have you tried part 2 of SoO yet? There is much more responsibility on the tanks now than ever before, especially for General Nazgrim. I joined one group where the off-tank didn't even know you had to taunt-switch. Even after that he kept going to 100 rage even though no one was on him during defensive stance. I assume that's because the tanks weren't switching often enough, but I didn't stick around to find out. I had already spent over an hour repeatedly wiping on this boss with 24 complete strangers and I was done. There's a reason my Flex progression is higher than my LFR progression this go-around.

  7. #227
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    16,966
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    LFR might get nerfs IF its warranted. I suspect with more people getting better gear the encounters will start falling a lot easier.
    ..and when LFR gets a nerf we get "Lol..LFR nerfs for baddies" topics. Endless cycle. At least we won't run out of topics ^^

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    ....There's a reason my Flex progression is higher than my LFR progression this go-around.
    Fair enough. And to me this isn't bad. So Flex might overtake LFR in popularity. Isn't that great? I mean..there are literally 99.9% LFR QQ threads...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    First of all, let me get to this point first.

    1.) Has anyone else seen an INCREASE in chance of joining an lfr ALREADY IN PROGRESS? I don't WANT THAT. I want a FRESH RUN.
    You could try finishing the run you queue into and then requeue into a fresh run. OH NOES! IT TAKES TWO WHOLE QUEUES TO DO THAT! WAH!

    Frankly, I wish I could turn off the whole "queue to fresh raids when you've killed the last boss"; I wasted a TON of time on the first three bosses in SoO-Wing 1 to dump all my tokens on Sha of Pride to get the sword (which I finally got, so now it'll work to my advantage to dump all my tokens on Galagras for the CDs trinket).
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

  9. #229
    About the "Fresh run"
    Try doing it right after reset .... then you get fresh run

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Have you tried part 2 of SoO yet? There is much more responsibility on the tanks now than ever before, especially for General Nazgrim. I joined one group where the off-tank didn't even know you had to taunt-switch. Even after that he kept going to 100 rage even though no one was on him during defensive stance. I assume that's because the tanks weren't switching often enough, but I didn't stick around to find out. I had already spent over an hour repeatedly wiping on this boss with 24 complete strangers and I was done. There's a reason my Flex progression is higher than my LFR progression this go-around.
    I tried part 2 on my shaman appears no different than any other LFR raid. Taunt switching iscommon on most fights since LFR began. Sure the warmachine fight and Nazgrim appear to put a lot more on the tanks but thats no different than will of the emperor where tanks had to dance to avoid damage and if a tank failed it was common for them to get gibbed or at least take heavy damage.

    What you maybe saw is some bad/inexperienced tanks. Funny thing about new LFR wings is that some people get thrown to the wolves and don't prepare for it. Given time these same people struggling will blitz these encounters.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ..and when LFR gets a nerf we get "Lol..LFR nerfs for baddies" topics. Endless cycle. At least we won't run out of topics ^^

    - - - Updated - - -



    Fair enough. And to me this isn't bad. So Flex might overtake LFR in popularity. Isn't that great? I mean..there are literally 99.9% LFR QQ threads...
    The wheels on the Nerf bus go round and round ;d

  11. #231
    The Patient Zantera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gothenburg
    Posts
    342
    I don't like it when I get started LFR-runs. The thing is, I get that they need to have a way of bringing players in, because there are LFR-runs where people leave. However, there should be an option where you could choose if you want a run with all bosses up, or not. If I'm playing on a character where I need gear, reputation or just want all bosses, I hate it when I get into a run with several bosses down. However, if I'm only after the 90 valor points, I don't care if it's already started, that could even be good.

  12. #232
    High Overlord M00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    102
    I admit in the first weeks of ToT LFR Lei Shen and maybe Durumu were as bad as SoO LFR is currently. That was only 1 or 2 roadblock bosses though. In SoO it is most of the bosses.

    Also, the people saying that finishing an LFR wing will get you a fresh run the next time you queue. This is untrue. I remember queuing for the 4th part of ToT soon after its release on my resto shaman... The first group I joined was up to Lei Shen. I killed him and requeued. The next 16 times I queued, it was a run at Lei Shen. The only reason I kept trying was because I had a fast healer queue. If I was dps I probably would have rage quit.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by M00 View Post
    I admit in the first weeks of ToT LFR Lei Shen and maybe Durumu were as bad as SoO LFR is currently. That was only 1 or 2 roadblock bosses though. In SoO it is most of the bosses.
    Most? This is not my understanding. It's basically just the second two bosses in wing 2. Sha of Pride seems to be settling down, and N-shen had the cleansing mechanic tweaked.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  14. #234
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,084
    This is my experience with LFR.

    Wait an hour for LFR to pop and then you get a group failing on the last boss which means. A. You have to wait for all the retards to learn the fight. and B. Queue up again to do the first fucking bosses WITH NO GAURENTEE that you will not get a group failing on one of the later bosses AGAIN.

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    You could try finishing the run you queue into and then requeue into a fresh run. OH NOES! IT TAKES TWO WHOLE QUEUES TO DO THAT! WAH!

    Frankly, I wish I could turn off the whole "queue to fresh raids when you've killed the last boss"; I wasted a TON of time on the first three bosses in SoO-Wing 1 to dump all my tokens on Sha of Pride to get the sword (which I finally got, so now it'll work to my advantage to dump all my tokens on Galagras for the CDs trinket).
    As a dps I get sometimes an hour+ queue times. How about you play the game and see what the issues are before trying to look smart in my thread?

  16. #236
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Dog Park
    Posts
    4,046
    i have run the LFR version several times in the last two weeks (not for gear since you only get one roll/wk, but just to practice strategies in a low-pressure environment) and i know that annecdotal evidence is not statistically valid,

    but i have noticed an improvement over the first few days and weeks, players (even casuals) are learning the encounter, so i am not worried that farming LFR will get easier as a greater proportion of players know the encounter and have better gear. If you really REALLY can't stand playing with strangers, try organizing a guild group to farm your missing tier-tokens and trinkets.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    ----when LFR is challenging people complain that they are wiping too much
    ----when LFR is too easy it's "free" loot and should be removed

    ...what?
    when in the world was LFR ever challenging?
    Whenever I start to think the community is turning a corner, tradechat is always there to prove me wrong.

  18. #238
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Dog Park
    Posts
    4,046
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigPapi View Post
    when in the world was LFR ever challenging?

    the challenge in LFR is the group, not the encounter.

    the challenge is working together with and explaining how to beat the encounter to complete strangers of dubious skill, experience and motivation in a way that encourages them and helps them learn to play their role, rather than inducing them to a) rage quite, or b) vote to kick you for being an insufferable ass.

    - - - Updated - - -

    which for some sociopathic players is a challenge harder than heroics themselves.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    As a dps I get sometimes an hour+ queue times. How about you play the game and see what the issues are before trying to look smart in my thread?
    As a DPS I take advantage of multi-queuing, and I queue for 4 raids at a time and do scenarios/dungeons in the interim. How 'bout you use the tools at your disposal and stop willful wasting time then making a thread to whine about it?
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I have not yet done wing 2, but the impression I am getting is the last 2 bosses are the problem. Of course some groups will be able to do them as intended, but the queue appears to be behaving in a way that says too many groups are not.
    Because they are a dps race, if you dont kill the Dark shaman fast enough you will not have room to kite them, in nazgrim if you dont have enough dps you will be flooded with adds. 496ilvl is way to low for SoO lfr in the current state.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •