Question about dropped flag in WSG/TP

I've been getting back into some dirty rogue play (haven't played mine since BC but it was my first main) and that has included a lot of flag carrying. I had a chance to do something rather clutch in my last (unranked, of course) match and decided not to owing to the uncertainty. I had a single hunter trying to chase me at the top of the Horde base (I was alone, using BoS so he could never open and he wasn't putting his pet on me). After getting frustrated he dropped traps along the side opposite the cap. I was cornered so I blew my blind on him and went out the front. I prefer to save blind in case someone else is going for the flag right as EFC drops. I ended up needing to bide enough time out front before going back in that blind was up (and needed) to finally secure the cap. Here's what I would have preferred to have done: dropped the flag while the hunter was in the back, vanished, disarmed his traps (sapped him if needed) and picked up the flag again to resume the Benny Hill jig without needing to use blind.

tl;dr: How long do we have to pick up the flag after a drop before it despawns (assuming of course an enemy doesn't return it)?

Deleted
    between 5 and 10 seconds