Would fps suit wow?

What if next xpac blizzard added like an arena or bg where fights are done in first person similar to a shooter. Spells and melee attacks etc are manually aimed and casted.

Could need a whole new engine or something not sure but just spit Balling here trying to pass time at work...

Deleted
    No. Maybe another game, but not WoW. It's against the very fundamentals of the combat system, and would not be part of the same game, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks.

Maybe as a mini-game within WoW. Like the Sniper quest you have in Jade Forest.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I hate FPS.

If we got more than just the odd quest with that "style" I'd be gone.

screw that. I'm sick of fps and people humping them so hard. mmos are a unique style and I'm glad it play them.

No, oh God please no. I legitimately hate FPS games. I know there are a ton of players who love the genre, bu even so I don't think it has any place in WoW.

I always do WoW pvp in first person.

I'm also awful at pvp, no connection.

It can be made to work (see: Darkfall), but I don't think it'd work out well in this particular game.

you would have to change a large portion of the game mechanics in order to support it (namely combat and stat mechanics such as targeting and +hit stats and so forth). Definitely not worth it for very little, if any, payoff. Perhaps for Blizzards next game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally if I wanted to play WoW in fps, I was just play other games for that. Like Elder Scrolls or Firefall.

Deleted
    see for yourself, Zoom camera right in, and enjoy the horror that is WOW in FPS.