Blood Death Knight CM's

I have decided that during this final patch I will be trying to go back to maining my dk and I wanted to get the CM for it whilst it's still relevant to the level

So basically It's not hard to realise that the gear with the most gems sockets is gonna be the best but for CM's is it gonna be better to gem into mastery and get avoidence stat gear or the other way round I've been tanking for 4 years atleast so I'm comfortable doing it and I have 5 golds on my main alrdy and 2 silvers but I'd rather do it here rather then on my current main.

So basically any advice on pieces of gear that really needed even with the scale down.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-24 at 01:12 AM.
    Apothecary Wormcrud says: Touch my chicken and I will kill you in your sleep. Am I understood?

Quote Originally Posted by eravoron View Post
    I have decided that during this final patch I will be trying to go back to maining my dk and I wanted to get the CM for it whilst it's still relevant to the level

So basically It's not hard to realise that the gear with the most gems sockets is gonna be the best but for CM's is it gonna be better to gem into mastery and get avoidence stat gear or the other way round I've been tanking for 4 years atleast so I'm comfortable doing it and I have 5 golds on my main alrdy and 2 silvers but I'd rather do it here rather then on my current main.

So basically any advice on pieces of gear that really needed even with the scale down.
    I did these with my DK. I went avoidance gear that has mastery on it, and gemmed for mastery. I think I had 217% on my mastery during the runs.

As i'm looking to tank them with my paladin and my monk, I'm realizing that while DKs fall a little short compared to those two in raids, DKs are freaking amazing in CMs. Find a good group, sort out times that you will run them, and put the time in. Also, ranged in like cheating. So grab two or three ranged dps.

If you want good videos to watch and map out where to use CDs and what to skip, I suggest the Aftermath videos on youtube.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-24 at 01:12 AM.

The couple of times I've done them to help friends out or what have you I just used my normal DPS gear but swapped in the stam/mastery on use VP (now JP) trinket from shado-pan. As long as you rotate cooldowns accordingly and kite when needed, tank gear is not needed at all.

When I did it, I went with whatever tank gear I had. (I main dps) I gemmed all of it for strength/mastery and used dps trinkets, with dps enchant. All you really need is to know how to do the runs exactly, once you've got that down, it comes at ease. You'll know what kind of damage to expect as you're doing the instance.

But yeah, any tank gear you have works wonders, engineering helmet is amazing due to the stats not being nerfed as they're classed as gems. Just use tank gear, dps trinkets, dps weapon enchant, tank enchants on gear and you're good to go.

All the best and good luck!
    Last edited by Aphie; 2013-09-24 at 10:18 PM.

I've done them numerous times in sales runs etc. in any gear ranging from full out mastery, to riposte stacking, to full crit/haste build. As a dk you can pretty much use whatever gear you want, just have to know when you can face tank, when you need to kite, and when you need to use CDs (ie. remorseless, AoD,IBF... Etc).

Edit: if you have a shinka of any ilvl with the 500 + the extra socket use that, also find an old helm and put the normal Stam meta in it as the legendarys don't work.
    Last edited by Whiteout; 2013-09-26 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteout View Post
    Edit: if you have a shinka of any ilvl with the 500 + the extra socket use that, also find an old helm and put the normal Stam meta in it as the legendarys don't work.
    The 500 stat gem is disabled in CM's. The best weapons you could get would be from ToT due to the socket on the weapon + the prismatic socket.

Goodpoint bend, not sure how I missed the 500 stat gem not working. My mistake

I did them in, I think, around 500 ilvl gear (I waited a long time and mainswitched) and just used my regular tanking setup, which was mastery > hit/exp > avoidance > haste, as I was new to my DK.

If I could go back, I'd probably just use my normal gear, except I'd maybe use a stam trinket for certain pulls and my Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal is really cool (I imagine the self-heal scales to crap with 100 less ilvl though.... hm)

In shorty, with the way riposte is, mastery > hit/exp > avoidance > mastery/crit would be fine. By no means do you need to do something special for just regular old golds

Well, of course, legendary meta and gem slot don't work, and I'm imagining the cloak proc doesn't, but the stats and gem socket are great anyway. So I'd use legendary gem, a regular helm with regular meta, and a ToT weapon with a prismatic slot added on with mastery in both.

Also, any hit pieces do not scale down, so if you grab something with a TON of hit like a heroic T F ji'kun feather, holy crap, you don't really need hit on anything else and can stack other stats. So if you want to min-max some, go for something with Mastery/Hit and lots of gem slots until you have hit cap naturally (without gems) and then the rest of your slots you could ignore hit altogether.
    Last edited by Soularpower; 2013-09-28 at 03:07 AM.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did mine in 99% dps gear, in a blood spec. Only tank thing I had is that 476 trinket with stamina (can't remember the name) and most of the gems were stamina. At first went with mastery but had a hard time with dps and sometimes even aggro. Went to my normal at that time reforge, haste crit mastery, things went better, just had to trust my healer, and he didn't failed me. Had to kite it couple of times, like the room in Scholomance before Lilian Voss, but that's about it, were able to hold pretty much everything.