Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

When will they announce the next expansion?

Any got an idea on when they will announce the next expansion? I would think Blizzcon but that's still a month away and they have already dropped SoO. I say that because they announced MoP about a month and a half before DS dropped and it wasn't released till September of the next year. This leads me to believe that we will have to wait till around at least August of next year if they want a speedy drop with a decently lengthed Beta, but that leads one to wonder how they plan to keep people interested in WoW when lots of guilds are killing heroic bosses (assuming a guild has garrosh down they are almost guaranteed to have killed the first boss on heroic so far).
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    First WoW xpac announcement when the main storyline of the previous xpac is already finished.
    Well done Blizzard.

November 8th.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be announced at Blizzcon 2013

10+ Year Old Account
    They are gonna announce next at Blizzcon, and say the beta will be up shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    but that leads one to wonder how they plan to keep people interested in WoW
    Diablo 3 xpac release date is how. Just like last time.

10+ Year Old Account
    im just wondering because assuming it has as much time between announcement and launch as MoP then we are looking at 1 year of SoO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    They are gonna announce next at Blizzcon, and say the beta will be up shortly after.

Diablo 3 xpac release date is how. Just like last time.
    wouldn't that detract from wow subs rather than add?
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    There MUST be another tier or at least a filler raid between now and next xpac because I dont want another ICC

10+ Year Old Account
    They've announced pretty much every expansion at Blizzcon, so you could say
    it's safe to assume that's when the newest one will be brought to light...

having said that though, it's just a guess that it'll be announced then so
    we'll just have to wait and see. (i really hope for blizzcon, i wanna know soon!)

I have to say it's impressive they've been able to keep it secret this time. Now that they haven't created any false expectations by giving the name, the usual disappointment should be smaller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they already have *insert dramatic chipmunk here*

Ahem, probably on Blizzcon.

Announcement at Blizzcon for sure. I don't see why they would announce the expansion to their biggest and most popular game anywhere else. It will probably be very far in to development by then so there should be a lot of talk about

Probably Blizzcon. I'd still like to believe however that they have been super productive and have a nice surprise for us between SoO and the next expansion. Alternitavly that the next expansion is well polished internally and roles out quickly. I rather doubt we'll have a year of SoO.

10+ Year Old Account
    November 8th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    There MUST be another tier or at least a filler raid between now and next xpac because I dont want another ICC
    Because ya know... We didn't have 10.5 months of DS?

http://wowpedia.org/Patch_4.3.0

http://wowpedia.org/Mists_of_pandaria

Announcement at Blizzcon 2013, but we'll probably have as long of a wait this time around as we did between Cataclysm and Mists. I see Siege lasting a bit longer than DS though. Plenty of time for alts etc and build up for the next expac. Release June-July 2014.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Because ya know... We didn't have 10.5 months of DS?

http://wowpedia.org/Patch_4.3.0

http://wowpedia.org/Mists_of_pandaria

We'll probably have as long of a wait this time around as we did between Cataclysm and Mists. I see Siege lasting a bit longer than DS though. Plenty of time for alts etc and build up for the next expac. Release June-July 2014.
    i dont think it will be June - July thats a good 2-3 monthes sooner than MoP dropped but it will be announced a month later

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    i dont think it will be June - July thats a good 2-3 monthes sooner than MoP dropped but it will be announced a month later
    Consider this: Wrath released 11/13/08. ICC released 12/8/09. Cataclysm released on 7/12/10. DS is released 11/29/11. MoP released 9/25/12. SoO released 9/10/13.

If they're really interested and dedicated in bringing us expansions faster then we'll be getting the next expac early summer 2014. We'll have 9-10 months of SoO by then, and it'll be just in time for summer vacations.

Well if they keep on schedule, they will announce the beta at Blizzcon for a release in April. They said 18 months expansions, so... 6 more months.

By how fast we had tier so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the expansion is really advanced at this time. They hired people just for that.

I wold say we will see an announcement at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    November 8th.
    this. expansions are always announced during blizzcon. i believe the opening ceremony where they announce it is free as well so if you just want to see the announcement and dont want the ingame goodies or the other panels you dont have to pay
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    At the same time if they were to make a filler tier, it would be of pretty low quality in terms of lore and general setup since it wasn't planned to begin with, and merely thrown together, as well as it would push the release date of the next expansion even further down the line...

After ICC and Dragon Soul I don't expect SoO to be any different.