Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    What in god's name are you talking about? You don't seem to have any idea about raiding or the heroic race, like, at all. Compared to even other Bosses in this expansion, it didn't really take "some time" to down him. Thunder King was a lot harder and took a lot longer to defeat, Garrosh actually died really quickly. So coming here and opening a topic called "... hardest Boss of all time?" because it took "some time" to defeat him is complete nonsense and just shows that you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Useless and populistic topic, should be closed immediately.
    Method took 6 days to kill Lei Shen, and about 6 days to kill Garrosh. So Lei Shen didn't "take a lot longer" to defeat

The Hardest boss encounters that I have experienced as Hardcore raider and bosses that were up to date by then is.

Lei Shen HC 10 man,
    HC Rag 10 man,
    warmaster HC 10 man,
    Mimiron Hardmode 25 man,
    Sarth 3 Drakes 25 man,
    HC LK 10 man,
    Spine of Deathwing HC 10 man,

Siegecrafter Blackfuse HC, Paragons HC and Garrosh HC 10 man is Hard this tier. Good tuning I must say!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    In terms of raiding? Absolutely it has. Time was, Patchwerk was considered a difficult and interesting boss fight. Now his name is invoked by elitists (and even the Blizzard developers themselves) to insult encounters that are considered to be... under-designed, to put it nicely.
    Patchwerk was never considered interesting nor difficult fight. It was pure gear check. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    So you're telling me all we have to do to make the hardest boss in wow history is do as I described above and tune a boss with easy a fuck mechanics like normal Immerseus and tune him for some freakishly large number like 585 item level by only changing the hp and damage?
    I stopped playing in June, so I can't comment on Immerseus. I'm going to guess he's about as easy as Ji-Kun, Jin'rokh etc. though?

In that case, it would depend on your intentions. It would make for a very hard, yet very boring encounter. An encounter where the mechanics are very simple, yet numbers are tuned so out of whack that wiping becomes incredibly easy. Add in some bugs, such as shit spawning on the floor not actually graphically appearing, but instead you'll have to notice it by the immense damage you're suddenly taking, where you just sort of have to guess where it's secure to stand, and you can see how wiping becomes even easier than just the out of whack numbers would account for.

The better you are at figuring out tactics for broken mechanics, and the quicker you are at bringing a boss down in spite of his ridiculously overtuned numbers, the better you were regarded as a guild.

But the above is incredibly boring compared today's very well balanced, mostly bug-free, mechanics based encounters. Even though in my very subjective opinion raiding today is no easier or harder than back in classic, I certainly think MOP's raiding game is infinitely more entertaining. That's the main feature I feel extra mechanics have brought to the raiding game, they just add a much more entertaining form of a challenge.
    Last edited by Akylios; 2013-10-01 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted
    tbh, any boss that dates before Black temple should not be in it's own league as we didnt have PTR before that. you couldnt test the boss and get a general idea of what to do.

Going back to Cata when you had a boss guide in game to show you everything.. And then boss mods that gave you timers for everything.

The whole Thunderforged. Warforged played a big part in the games progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Patchwerk was never considered interesting nor difficult fight. It was pure gear check. Nothing else.
    From what i remember the discussions about how the fight was, mechanics etc, was pretty fun and all over the place when Death N Taxes, Vodka and Vis Maior were progressing.
    In hindsight, yes you can say it wasnt much in terms of mechanics if you compare it to todays standards. But, back in Vanilla it was (imo) a pretty intense and fun fight.

Heroic Anub'arak 25man was the worst by a long shot. Not only due to being difficult but because of how boring it was leading up to that fight. Most people would burn out and want to quit before reaching him.

Both player skill and raid difficulty scale together over the years. The list has few flaws like C'Thun who was simply impossible (been there at the time myself).
    Guilds spent just as much time in raids as they do now.
    Is Garrosh hardest? I dunno, dont think so. For each guild some bosses could vary tbh.
    Some of the bosses required different preparation which was achieved in different ways (donations for Resist gears etc - this did happen).
    Some guilds lending their Legendary wielding players to others to kill stuff (hi BL borrowing players to kill Deathwing/Spine? - dont recall which one) etc.

Deleted
    Garrosh is a very very easy endboss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Garrosh is a very very easy endboss

On HC? How do you know?

People are forgetting that Heroic Lich King had limited attempts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacteh just posted this on the SoO World First Thread
    A really amazing tier again for us. I can only give credit to our extremely stable roster throughout this expansion, the core team of method is so strong in terms of personal skill then mixed with an insane raiding atmosphere has brought us success. The guild is nothing without the leadership which has been exceptional for all of MoP.

In terms of difficulty I would argue with anyone that these final 3 bosses of SoO are the hardest encounters in WoW to date, there is no question about that. The quality of the raiding guilds pushing for world firsts nowadays is so insanely good that the time it takes to down these bosses cannot be a judge on their difficulty. I have no doubts in saying Garrosh was harder than both Ragnaros and Lich King.

My housemate actually recorded me as we downed garrosh, heres what it looked like.
    I think if he has no doubts that Garrosh was harder than both Rag and LK, we have our answer.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    The Hardest boss encounters that I have experienced as Hardcore raider and bosses that were up to date by then is.
    Sarth 3 Drakes 25 man,
    Sarth3d25 was actually soooo hard before the whole burn strat...and for those first weeks.
    I'm proud to have done it, honestly. Though people tend to laugh when I say it was actually really darn hard

15+ Year Old Account
    Dat kill filename...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Sarth3d25 was actually soooo hard before the whole burn strat...and for those first weeks.
    I'm proud to have done it, honestly. Though people tend to laugh when I say it was actually really darn hard
    Really wasn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Dat kill filename...

- - - Updated - - -

Really wasn't.
    I found sarth 10-3d to be a real challenge, and 25 a joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    I found sarth 10-3d to be a real challenge, and 25 a joke.
    I always felt the other way o.o
    Though it was likely my group, at the time we had 10 good people, and 15 "Meeeeeeh".

No, Garrosh isn't most difficust raid boss in WoW history.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    I think if he has no doubts that Garrosh was harder than both Rag and LK, we have our answer.
    haha yeah pretty much.. /thread

Deleted
    Time spent is pretty unimportant imo, attempts are what matter.

I.E a guild spent 30 Days on Illidan, a total of 2500 attempts

Guild 2 spent 40 days on Illidan, a total of 1000 attempts

To be that says guild 2 is far better than guild 1. (These numbers are all bs btw but you get the idea)

So if you had a list of pulls on a boss then you could compare them more fairly, still it wouldn't be 100% accurate.

Deleted
    To say that the last 3 bosses in SoO are also the last three in terms of difficulty (in increasing order) in the whole of WoW is just ridiculous. Perhaps players have become better and so on, but to provide a simple example: remember that Ragnaros took 11 days for Paragon to down (who also was a better guild back then than they are now!) compared to just under 6 for Lei Shen. You don't just become 50% "better" at this game in a few years.

Besides, when someone wins a competition, no matter how artificial it is, he or she definitely wants to believe that HIS pedestal is the greatest one of them all. So that hyperbole was all but unexpected.