Turn evil - Repent

SO, im a pvp Hpally and enjoy arena.
    Sometimes I take repent when im with a fearing class, but repent really sucks.
    Repent is a 1.5 sec cast and breaks on the smallest damage while turn evil is a 1.23 sec cast, and can take small damage before it breaks. Repent should share the same cast time as turn evil imo.

Repent's longer cast time is justifiable because by taking Repent, you are still able to use Turn Evil on undead/demons. Repent a lock, fear their pet type of thing.

When using EIAPOV you lose the ability to CC a player and an undead/demon pet at the same time.

Well the cast time thing is because for some reason repents cast time isn't affected by haste but turn evil is, if you have 0 haste both are at 1.5s cast. As to balance, I'm pretty sure that repent and turn evil are on different DR's, which means in some situations repent will be more valuable due to not sharing a DR with your partner's cc. Overall EVIAPOV is probably better, but Repentance is situational.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    Well the cast time thing is because for some reason repents cast time isn't affected by haste but turn evil is, if you have 0 haste both are at 1.5s cast. As to balance, I'm pretty sure that repent and turn evil are on different DR's, which means in some situations repent will be more valuable due to not sharing a DR with your partner's cc. Overall EVIAPOV is probably better, but Repentance is situational.
    Repent's base cast time is 1.8 seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    turn evil being able to be used on humanoids is the best holy pally buff in a loooooong time.....fck u priests!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    turn evil being able to be used on humanoids is the best holy pally buff in a loooooong time.....fck u priests!
    Not really, maybe for holy but not for ret, having to stop and cast as a ret is pretty annyoing and most rets just go for FoJ, god i miss the old repent...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Not really, maybe for holy but not for ret, having to stop and cast as a ret is pretty annyoing and most rets just go for FoJ, god i miss the old repent...
    I've tried using Turn Evil in PvP as Ret and it's nearly impossible to get off. It's easy to spot you casting, and people are quick to jump on you and interrupt. Especially Rets who are usually the kill target. You do have those rare situations where they focus someone else, and I just enjoy fearing Warlocks and Priests, for revenge mostly. Not all teams are going to be that dumb.

What's more silly is that as Protection both Repentance and Turn Evil make even less sense. Boss fights like Norushen make grabbing Fist of Justice a better choice, cause you can stun adds. God help you if you try to cast Repentance or Turn Evil as a tank. Pretty much just shut down parry, dodge, and block.

So yea, Repentance and Turn Evil are built for Holy only. The choice is an illusion for Ret and Prot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    yea i meant to say for holy