Odd Shadowcraft Results - Question

Hey all,

I input my character (Armory Here) into Shadowcraft (after clearing cache and making sure it was on 5.4 engine). These are the results:

Code:
    Agility 2.707
    Yellow Hit 1.460
    Strength 1.050
    Attack Power 1.000
    Expertise 0.964
    Crit 0.956
    Mastery 0.921
    Haste 0.891
    Hit 0.544
    Mainhand Dps 3.174
    Offhand Dps 0.742
    Mh Expertise 0.745
    Oh Expertise 0.220
    T16 2pc 1449.033
    T14 4pc 975.414
    T14 2pc 957.626
    T15 2pc 660.014
    T16 4pc 596.896
    T15 4pc 388.420
    After reading through a few threads, I was under the impression that Crit would only be favored after I got 2pT16. Did I misunderstand that or is it more likely that I've fubar'd the Shadowcraft settings?

Thanks all!

Your base stats are so incredibly low that current theorycrafting standards (stuff like "mastery > haste > crit until X") doesn't really apply to you.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2013-09-29 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Your base stats are so incredibly low that current theorycrafting doesn't really apply to you.
    Alright. I'll stick with the Mastery > Haste > Crit profile. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Alright. I'll stick with the Mastery > Haste > Crit profile. Thanks.
    Definitely best for your level of gear. You're also way over hit cap and under on expertise.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Definitely best for your level of gear. You're also way over hit cap and under on expertise.
    Awesome, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not 100% sure the ShadowCraft results are irrelevant (modern theorycrafting for 550+ ilevel is, of course). They are WEIRD results for your ilevel, but here are the greatest factors I'd consider for your character relative to what we saw at the time we were in <500 gear:

-Buffed Dispatch.
    -MH weapon is 30(!) ilevels over character average (which is additionally being propped up by a low-weight trinket - closer to 32 ilevels accounting for that).

The second point in particular is going to strongly skew the results against mastery. I'd run it again after getting to the expertise cap; if you're still seeing crit > mastery > haste, you could compare to SimC results if you're really into it, but I wouldn't discount those results just yet. That said, your stat weights will likely change (rapidly) if your stats change rapidly.

If you want to gear for when you're in 515 gear, assuming the same weapons: yeah, go ahead and gem/enchant/reforge closer to mastery > haste=crit. Haste will pull ahead if you get legendary items for your rogue, and crit will pull ahead if you get the T16 2p.

Your base stats are so incredibly low that current theorycrafting doesn't really apply to you.
    Shadowcraft used fixed formulas completely unrelated to any gear existing except the one you're wearing, and his low amount of gear does not impact the outcome. Other factors, such as the ones mentioned by Kael, do and are the cause of these results. Three's nothing currently modeled in shadowcraft that only applies a certain itemlevel, and it'd be better if you stopped spreading misinformation around.

Indeed fixed stat priorities should instead not be considered as they happen to be calculated for certain specific gearsets.
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2013-09-29 at 02:31 AM.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Shadowcraft used fixed formulas completely unrelated to any gear existing except the one you're wearing, and his low amount of gear does not impact the outcome. Other factors, such as the ones mentioned by Kael, do and are the cause of these results. Three's nothing currently modeled in shadowcraft that only applies a certain itemlevel, and it'd be better if you stopped spreading misinformation around.
    Never said our tools are not working for his gear, just that theorycrafting results (stuff like "mastery > haste > crit until X") don't apply to him.

Never said our tools are not working for his gear, just that theorycrafting results (stuff like "mastery > haste > crit until X") don't apply to him.
    Got misunderstood by quite a few people then, I guess editing it to make it clearer should be better for anyone who happens to read this.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I'll do the same with my original post.