Deleted

nothing more fun than...

looking up "We need to stack up on this boss" on Google Translate to Italian so you can tell the 2 mages from the Italian servers which are grouped up with your servers for LFR how to do the boss so we don't wipe on Sha of Pride LFR.

I was dead, and we wiped on that attempt anyway, so I didn't endanger myself.

I know that Italian players are in such a minority that they can only get decent queue times when grouped with some of the EN realms, but I think this is one of the biggest reasons people struggle in LFR: people who don't speak English or just barely being grouped with English people who don't speak the other persons tongue.

does anyone know of a decent way to solve this?

as an aside: "dobbiamo stare vicino insieme su questo capo" or something like that.

I honestly don't think there is a decent way to solve it. The most obvious answer would be to make it so Italian, Portuguese, etc. designated servers don't get put into the same group as English speaking servers. The huge problem there is that I don't think that those servers could sustain themselves, leading to increased queue times. Although it's awkward, Google Translate is probably the only thing you can do.

Alternatively, Blizzard could provide a free copy of Rosetta Stone for all players.

I think everyone should learn absolute basic commands and phrases in english and just use brain to figure out the meaning of the sentence or tactic.
    I mean how exactly this people play the game? isnt it all in english?
    Im not native eng speaker, nor is the game available in my language, I know many people from my realm who cant speak english but can understand a simple commanding in LFR, they dont even know what half of them mean, but they know how to react to them.
    Last edited by Dukenukem; 2013-09-28 at 11:23 PM.

The language barrier is THE single biggest problem with LFR IMO. I know it is frustrating as hell for me when people don't speak English and I'm trying to explain something and I'm sure it's the EXACT same feeling on their end. It's hard to get a common message across to the whole group and if things don't go well the language barrier often leads to an extremely hostile environment for the rest of the run. Don't know if there is a good way to solve this for all parties involved but I really hope Blizzard realizes how big the problem is and how important it would be for the game if there was an elegant solution to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    I think everyone should learn absolute basic commands and phrases in english and just use brain to figure out the meaning of the sentence or tactic.
    I mean how exactly this people play the game? isnt it all in english?
    You can set it to different languages, just like every other semi-popular game..

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    You can set it to different languages, just like every other semi-popular game..
    only into the "supported" languages. which have their dedicated realmgroups.

I love this kind of thread.
    People complaining that people should be required to learn another language to help in LFR, all the while refusing to learn another language to help in LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    only into the "supported" languages. which have their dedicated realmgroups.
    Yes? Point?

Still, isn't EU one realmgroup?
    Its divided into 5 subgroups, EN,DE,FR,SP and RU

They dont mix LFR between those so You cant get for instance russian on English realm LFR.

Deleted
    Are you sure? Isn't that exacly what Op is talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by dalch View Post
    I love this kind of thread.
    People complaining that people should be required to learn another language to help in LFR, all the while refusing to learn another language to help in LFR.
    The realm label says English, so you should be at least, able to communicate in english when needed. Im against forcing anyone to speak only english because for instance on my realm is english nonexistant on Trade chat, but when you go into LFRyou are expected to know what to do and communicate in designated language (eng in this case).

Notice how IT isn't a subgroup? They're grouped with EN servers.

The point is there is no IT realms (at least not officially) so they play on Realm labeled English. My realm have almost no English speaking people but its still and English realm so support and LFR is also in english.