Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Remaining Expansions

What do you think will be coming in the next expansions?

Leveling wise, I think 100 would be a good place to stop at, however, this only leaves 2 more expansions for World of Warcraft. Of course, they could do something to streamline the leveling system at some point, including stopping the inflation of ilevels and stats. We'll have to see.

Content wise, I have a few expansion ideas taken from lore and who we still need to deal with. Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas!

Azeroth Revisited: There are a lot of loose threads that Blizzard will probably deal with at some point. I see them all fitting together into a Cataclysm-style expansion quiet nicely.
    -Redesigned Azeroth (may be a bit quick right after Cata and Mists, but at some point)
    -Address Bolvar Fordragon and his possible new Scourge
    -Finish business in the oceans: Queen Azshara, the imprisoned Neptulon, Kul Tiras
    -Address some active characters: Kel'Thuzard, Maiev Shadowsong, Magatha Grimetotem, Thrall, etc.
    -Finally defeat Xavius and N'Zoth for good. Could be done in the Emerald Dream, since a lot of players are hoping to revisit that.
    -Could handle a possible 5th Old God. Different sources say there are five, we could deal with another one at some point.
    -The Guardians of Tirisfal have also yet to be added to the game.

The Burning Legion: Not a whole lot to say for this one.
    -Sargeras, Kil'Jaden, and many of their lieutenants are still very alive and active.
    -Argus, Xoroth, the rest of Draenor, and other worlds could be used.
    -General Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner are still missing.

The Titans: we know the Titans will return at some point but when?
    -After Algalon, will they be friend or foe?
    Last edited by Braven; 2013-09-28 at 11:40 PM.

No.

/10char

Mod Edit: Please try to add something constructive to a discussion when posting.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-09-29 at 08:44 AM.

Blizzard only has to keep WoW as their flagship enterprise until 2016 when titan launches. We have room for two more expansions in that timeframe (one to 95, another to 100). After that, Blizzard will no longer need to keep WoW's millions of subs and they can proceed to leave a smaller team to update the game while everyone else works on new titles in the Warcraft franchise.

Since Sageras is the main antagonist of Warcraft, it would be logical that the devs would place him as the final boss of the Burning Legion expac. Furthermore, Blizzard can maximize their profits by having said expac be the last one released before titan launches (in other words, it would be the level 100 expac).

In the mean time, Blizzard has tons of ideas they can do. The game's storywriters have proven time and time again that they can turn even the most scarcely mentioned material into a full-fledged expansion pack (Barely anything was known about Pandaria, and yet the devs were able to create an entire expac around it). With that ingenuity, they could turn tons of loose ends already hanging around into new game content (Ie, Emerald Nightmere, the connection between the Dwarves and the Titans (as well as the Magni Bronzebeard plot), the Grimtotem betrayal, a new race of dragons, the naga, etc).

I'm eagerly awaiting what Blizzard's brilliant devs come up with next.

No offence but whenever I see somebody say "I think 100 would be a good place to stop" I immediately hit my head on my desk, especially considering it's highly likely 100 will be next expac given the heirloom weapons.

Anyway when I saw the "cataclysm style expansion" I already lost hope in the first idea, no offence.

There's tons Blizzard have left to do.

-South Seas/Emerald Dream
    -Burning legion (potential for a LOT of expacs here)
    -Sylvanas
    -Lich King revisited
    -Any of the 1000s of worlds in the Warcraft universe that we haven't visited yet
    -The other side of Azeroth
    -Titans "home world"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Blizzard only has to keep WoW as their flagship enterprise until 2016 when titan launches. We have room for two more expansions in that timeframe (one to 95, another to 100). After that, Blizzard will no longer need to keep WoW's millions of subs and they can proceed to leave a smaller team to update the game while everyone else works on new titles in the Warcraft franchise.

Since Sageras is the main antagonist of Warcraft, it would be logical that the devs would place him as the final boss of the Burning Legion expac. Furthermore, Blizzard can maximize their profits by having said expac be the last one released before titan launches (in other words, it would be the level 100 expac).

In the mean time, Blizzard has tons of ideas they can do. The game's storywriters have proven time and time again that they can turn even the most scarcely mentioned material into a full-fledged expansion pack (Barely anything was known about Pandaria, and yet the devs were able to create an entire expac around it). With that ingenuity, they could turn tons of loose ends already hanging around into new game content (Ie, Emerald Nightmere, the connection between the Dwarves and the Titans (as well as the Magni Bronzebeard plot), the Grimtotem betrayal, a new race of dragons, the naga, etc).

I'm eagerly awaiting what Blizzard's brilliant devs come up with next.
    What? It has been delayed till 2016, doesnt mean it will come out at 18, ha if we know Blizzard WoW wil lbe their main flagship for next 10 years.
    Why replace something that is still great?

Titan is so overrated, nobody even knows what it is yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What? It has been delayed till 2016, doesnt mean it will come out at 18, ha if we know Blizzard WoW wil lbe their main flagship for next 10 years.
    Why replace something that is still great?

Titan is so overrated, nobody even knows what it is yet.
    It's also been completely kicked to the curb and restarted with most of the dev team removed from it, I couldn't see it appearing until at LEAST 2019, even then I highly doubt it'd be comparable to WoW in such a way that it'd be directly competing against it for players.

I still get a good laugh when people think that WoW is stopping at level 100. There is no point to stopping unless they are no longer turning an enormous profit.
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

Deleted
    lvl 100 next one (legion I hope), after that path of titans thingie in some form with mucho titan lore + azshara/old god wrap up with sargeras hassle at end. Then again where and how sargeras is brought back determends does it require a whole epansion on it's own.

oh and I wonder how the stat squish is going to be handled lore wise.
    Last edited by mmoc198caea9b6; 2013-09-29 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalviar View Post
    Leveling wise, I think 100 would be a good place to stop at, however, this only leaves 2 more expansions for World of Warcraft. Of course, they could do something to streamline the leveling system at some point, including stopping the inflation of ilevels and stats. We'll have to see.
    Few things here...

First, I'd like to note that Garrosh's heirlooms are a pretty good indication that the next expansion will be a 10 level one or that said heirlooms will have alternate ways of obtaining them in the future. Second, they literally said "in the next expansion we'll already have the stat crunch in effect." Third, the leveling system is pretty damn streamlined as it is. If one doesn't get too bored and is determined to reach, say, 70 in a 20 hour binge of the game using only heirlooms (excluding rings) and guild perk, it's completely doable.

Azeroth Revisited: There are a lot of loose threads that Blizzard will probably deal with at some point. I see them all fitting together into a Cataclysm-style expansion quiet nicely.
    -Redesigned Azeroth (may be a bit quick right after Cata and Mists, but at some point)
    Once again, not in the next expansion. GC said they wouldn't make that mistake again so soon.

-Address Bolvar Fordragon and his possible new Scourge
    -Finish business in the oceans: Queen Azshara, the imprisoned Neptulon, Kul Tiras
    -Address some active characters: Kel'Thuzard, Maiev Shadowsong, Magatha Grimetotem, Thrall, etc.
    I doubt Bolvar will ever be pertinent, again. Even his very existence as the new Lich King was a very poorly thought-out concept and there's no where to really take him besides making "Wrath 2.0. This time he's RED!" We freed Neptulon in a dungeon you can access at level 80. Kul Tiras is long overdue for an appearance, yeah.

-Finally defeat Xavius and N'Zoth for good. Could be done in the Emerald Dream, since a lot of players are hoping to revisit that.
    -Could handle a possible 5th Old God. Different sources say there are five, we could deal with another one at some point.
    -The Guardians of Tirisfal have also yet to be added to the game.
    I am still an adamant opponent of an Emerald Dream expansion. I can't say the things I said above, though. I would love if it were treated like Ulduar and was only the subject of one very large zone (or two) and a raid. The Eastern Kingdoms certainly should have an Old God on them and it's all quiet on that front aside from N'Zoth's effects and we know he's the ocean god. (Unless he was the EK god and just fell in the water. Never thought about that before.)

As for the GoT... that's Med'an and I'd rather he never be brought into the game. We already have one Thrall.

The Titans: we know the Titans will return at some point but when?
    -After Algalon, will they be friend or foe?
    Considering that Algalon lied on our behalf, I would assume enemies. They seem to hate all sentient life that isn't made of stone or metal unless they had a direct hand in the creation of both the being's current form and current mindset and abilities. (i.e. The Aspects.)
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-09-29 at 12:46 AM. Reason: typos
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Few things here...

First, I'd like to note that Garrosh's heirlooms are a pretty good indication that the next expansion will be a 10 level one or that said heirlooms will have alternate ways of obtaining them in the future. Second, they literally said "in the next expansion we'll already have the stat crunch in effect." Third, the leveling system is pretty damn streamlined as it is. If one doesn't get too bored and is determined to reach, say, 70 in a 20 hour binge of the game using only heirlooms (excluding rings) and guild perk, it's completely doable.

Once again, not in the next expansion. GC said they wouldn't make that mistake again so soon.

I doubt Bolvar will ever be pertinent, again. Even his very existence as the new Lich King was a very poorly thought-out concept and there's no where to really take him besides making "Wrath 2.0. This time he's RED!" We freed Neptulon in a dungeon you can access at level 80. Kul Tiras is long overdue for an appearance, yeah.

I am still an adamant opponent of an Emerald Dream expansion. I can't say the things I said above, though. I would love if it were treated like Ulduar and was only the subject of one very large zone (or two) and a raid. The Eastern Kingdoms certainly should have an Old God on them and it's all quiet on that front aside form N'Zoth's effects and we know he's the ocean god. (Unless he was the EK god and just fell in the water. Never thought about that before.)

As for the GoT... that's Med'an and I'd rather he never be brought into the game. We already have one Thrall.

Considering that Algalon lied on our behalf, I would assume enemies. They seem to hate all sentient life that isn't made of stone or metal unless they had a direct hand in the creation of both the being current form and current mindset and abilities. (i.e. The Aspects.)
    Agree with what you say but Neptulon isn't freed at the end of the Throne of Tides.

We help cleanse him in the final boss battle then Ozumat returns again and abducts him, since then it's been heavily implied that Azshara wants his staff to raise/sink land on Azeroth which perfectly kick starts a new expansion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    I still get a good laugh when people think that WoW is stopping at level 100.
    100 is the Classic standards for RPG games..i´m pretty damm sure that Blizzard themself they wouldn´t even stop at lvl 100, since that is exactly as ppl would expect..and there is easily gonna be a few exp after Titans release..and last time i checked they where restaring the whole Titan game ,like 6 months ago ?? it´s gonna be the next D3..12 years..since they had already done alot of shit untill they restarted..

If I remember correctly we killed Kel'Thuzzad so why would we go back to him?

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiDragon91 View Post
    100 is the Classic standards for RPG games..i´m pretty damm sure that Blizzard themself they wouldn´t even stop at lvl 100, since that is exactly as ppl would expect..and there is easily gonna be a few exp after Titans release..and last time i checked they where restaring the whole Titan game ,like 6 months ago ?? it´s gonna be the next D3..12 years..since they had already done alot of shit untill they restarted..
    Why do people even act like the heirloom wpns means it's gonna be 10 levels next expact? MAYBE it's just a really fucking good wpn that lasts for current tier and u can use leveling and as a starter raid wpn for TWO expansions. Hurp durp.

Also no matter how big N'zoth is old gods SHARE the limelight with a major villan. Yogg shared it with LK, sha dude shared it with garrosh, C'thun well, was C'thun and played a role in Cata alone with the elemental lords / deathwing, N'zoth armies.

The expansion to feature Azshara will have 2 huge raids within the content cycles dealing with N'zoth, Azshara, and potentially Xavius. Splitting Azshara and N'zoth up would be silly.

Nevermind with his his armies that flooded the surface in DS failed, Deathwing and the Twighlight flight are dead, The Twilight cult is in ruins, and the Elemental Lords Rag/Al'akir who were still serving their masters are DEAD. Azshara and her armies is the builk of what he has left.

N'zoth has had alot of buildup, Azshara has the background. Them combined would be a great expansion.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-29 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrandron View Post
    If I remember correctly we killed Kel'Thuzzad so why would we go back to him?
    He's a lich and his phylactery hasn't been destroyed, he can be re-summoned

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Why do people even act like the heirloom wpns means it's gonna be 10 levels next expact? MAYBE it's just a really fucking good wpn that lasts for current tier and u can use leveling and as a starter raid wpn for TWO expansions. Hurp durp.
    It seems incredibly unlikely to me that they'd be planning THAT far ahead and that they'd add a weapon that'd be useful TWO expansions down the line.

By steamlining the leveling process I meant decreasing the amount of levels. Touching up quests and such, Blizz could simply half the levels to 50 (45 at just MoP), and make them longer than they currently are. That would leave room for plenty of further expansions without people needing to level up 163 times.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It seems incredibly unlikely to me that they'd be planning THAT far ahead and that they'd add a weapon that'd be useful TWO expansions down the line.
    It unlikely to make a wpn so they don't have to update leveling items for 3-4 years? Really? tell me whats more logical Doing two 5 level expacs then doing a lvl 10 one or continue the trend? Some ppl hate leveling 5 levels makes the gap appear artifically smaller. Why would they NOT have you be lvl 100 in two expacs vs 110.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-29 at 01:06 AM.

By steamlining the leveling process I meant decreasing the amount of levels. Touching up quests and such, Blizz could simply half the levels to 50 (45 at just MoP), and make them longer than they currently are. That would leave room for plenty of further expansions without people needing to level up 163 times.
    What's the difference between going 1-50 and 1-100 if it takes a similar amount of time?

In fact i'd argue the latter is better because you get "rewarded" more by leveling up more often.

That would require a total reworking of all the items from vanilla, though. The current stat crunch is just suppose to be changing the curve on the stat scaling so it doesn't go so freakishly exponential from 61-90 and be more similar to 31-60. Still, it could happen one day.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

What's the difference between going 1-50 and 1-100 if it takes a similar amount of time?

In fact i'd argue the latter is better because you get "rewarded" more by leveling up more often.
    People just starting off may be a bit weary about having to go through 120 levels. 60 is much easier to manage and memorize, especially for newer players, which Blizzard is always marketing to.

- - - Updated - - -

Arthas is dead, The cult of the Damned Kel'thuzad lead is dead. Bolvar doesn't share the ideals of Kel'thuzad. For all purposes he is dead. INFACT when he died a 2nd time I'm pretty sure he stayed that way or else why wouldn't he of been in Icecrown as a lead up boss to Arthas?

He is dead

- - - Updated - - -

The ONLY villans left are Azshara , N'zoth, Kil'jaeden+ Legion, and Sargeras. Now we may have a potential in the future because of the weekly quests for SoO and the Timewalkers shows Nozdormus Consort dying in a vision with the.... Questgiver standing over her corpse. Leads me to believe the Infinite Flight might not be quite through yet. I mean afterall everyone is funneling timeless trinkets from the Isle to this guy and Nozdormu bronze flgiht lost their control over time when Deathwing was destroyed. Needless to say something big is gonna go down.

Oh Also forgot the Zandalari and the Prophet Zul are still around. A constant threat similar to the Legion and Azshara. The should prolly sit out for awhile gotta hurt to lose the majority of your armies on the Isle of Thunder / other campaigns.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-29 at 01:17 AM.