Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How can you 1v1 an ele shaman?

Got an ele shaman ganking the shit out of people in the Timeless Isle.What can somebody do to kill him 1v1?Sham rage for dmg reduction 1/3 of the time,immune to fears,grounding to make me fakecasts while he spazzes lava bursts,and if worse comes to worst,just spam some 100k healing surges.How can someone 1v1 him without getting turned into borscht?

Deleted
    What class/spec are you? I remember getting beat up on my ele quite harshly by any warrior, dk, rogue or hunter. Everything else was pretty much a skill matchup.

But then again, I haven't played my shaman since 5.1.

Deleted
    Get a rogue and you should be fine.

Shamans tend to be very strong versus casters because of the interrupts, grounding totem, etc. Rock, paper, scissors really. You'll beat some classes easily, and lose to others shamefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's simple

We kill the batman stun the shaman

Most melee classes can easily deal with elemental shamans and most casters have more than enough tools to deal with elemental as well.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-09-28 at 11:57 PM.

Deleted
    Destro lock.And yes,while as you said its rock paper scissors,it gets really annoying when you're trying to camp for rares or farm.

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest thing i find annoying is the selfheal spam-as a Destro lock,my damage outside of embers is nothing,while he can go on healing surge mode any time he wishes.

waste his GT with a felflame. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    Destro lock.And yes,while as you said its rock paper scissors,it gets really annoying when you're trying to camp for rares or farm.

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest thing i find annoying is the selfheal spam-as a Destro lock,my damage outside of embers is nothing,while he can go on healing surge mode any time he wishes.
    Tried trowing a Shadowfury/Mortal Coil or a Felhunter/Observer silence at the shaman when he tried to heal? As a warlock you have more than enough abilities to prevent a shaman from spamming heals on himself. While Wind Shear, Grounding and Tremor Totem are rather annoying as Destruction, you have more than enough damage from instants, with Fel Flame spam actually doing more dps than Incinerate.

The best you can do as Destruction is trying to bait that Tremor Totem and possibly the grounding Totem as well early, trowing some cc on him and blowing him up with Chaos Bolts.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-09-29 at 12:04 AM.

sounds like you are getting out pve'd

Deleted
    Basically the problem is like that:
    Between his trinket and tremor,for the most part,my fears are affected by DR.So im wasting 1,5 sec for him to be CC'd for 4-the only time where i'm capable of getting a Chaos Bolt out,barring the 1 i can get out during Unending Resolve(1 gets hex interrupted)
    It's impossible to hardcast a Chaos Bolt without a fear-it will either get groundinged at the last moment or interrupted.
    So I'm left with incinerating/fel flame.His lightning bolt spam+lava bursts deal FAR more damage than mine.
    If i use my interrupts-short term CC to make him stop raping my face,its impossible to kill him-he's free to healing surge himself to full.

It's not a post about X IS OP QQ,since this is not a BG or arena-i am looking for a way to defend myself and you know,do my PvE without being harassed or grouped all the time.

Play a warrior and have 2 stuns, 2 interrupts 2 spell reflects and everything else.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

have you tried outlasting him instead? use embers to ember tap ,use shadowfury into fear to force the first trinket, howl to force the tremor,he has no ways to break fear for another minute,simply play the turtle playstyle ,heal up via embers,use defensive cd and regen/HS on ascendance.

Once shaman goes low anticipate the grounding ,remove it and silence his heal,u can win just use abilities in a smart way.

Ofc u can win with cbs,u just need to build enough embers then setup a cc chain to burst ,like after u make him waste his tremor/trinket, and if u have like 2-3 embers,Fear->pop cds/first CB->shadowfury->second CB ->silence->3rd CB->fear->finish,or something like that,I know this is just on paper and its easier said than done,but u can manage as a lock I assure you.

Deleted
    have you tried outlasting him instead? use embers to ember tap ,use shadowfury into fear to force the first trinket, howl to force the tremor,he has no ways to break fear for another minute,simply play the turtle playstyle ,heal up via embers,use defensive cd and regen/HS on ascendance.

Once shaman goes low anticipate the grounding ,remove it and silence his heal,u can win just use abilities in a smart way.

Ofc u can win with cbs,u just need to build enough embers then setup a cc chain to burst ,like after u make him waste his tremor/trinket, and if u have like 2-3 embers,Fear->pop cds/first CB->shadowfury->second CB ->silence->3rd CB->fear->finish,or something like that,I know this is just on paper and its easier said than done,but u can manage as a lock I assure you.
    The problem is that these two points-massing embers to chain him after his trinket/tremor are down and surviving with embertap contradict each other.In order to weather the ascendance or heroism you need to chug embers to survive-leaving you without embers to mount an offense after his tremor/trinket are down.And just like you said,pulling a cc chain with chaos bolts is the only way to get a kill-else he'll just go spamheal mode and top himself off.

The problem is that these two points-massing embers to chain him after his trinket/tremor are down and surviving with embertap contradict each other.In order to weather the ascendance or heroism you need to chug embers to survive-leaving you without embers to mount an offense after his tremor/trinket are down.And just like you said,pulling a cc chain with chaos bolts is the only way to get a kill-else he'll just go spamheal mode and top himself off.
    indeed they contradict each other,they're two different strategies where you either choose to turtle or stack for kills,just remember, if it does come down to healing fights you can have the upper hand since shaman will exhaust his mana while u basically have endless resources,while you keep pressure high ,when he's low you can choose to swap to nuking with embers instead of healing since you shouldnt be taking dmg while the shaman is busy keeping himself alive.

Deleted
    Basically the problem is like that:
    Between his trinket and tremor,for the most part,my fears are affected by DR.So im wasting 1,5 sec for him to be CC'd for 4-the only time where i'm capable of getting a Chaos Bolt out,barring the 1 i can get out during Unending Resolve(1 gets hex interrupted)
    It's impossible to hardcast a Chaos Bolt without a fear-it will either get groundinged at the last moment or interrupted.
    So I'm left with incinerating/fel flame.His lightning bolt spam+lava bursts deal FAR more damage than mine.
    If i use my interrupts-short term CC to make him stop raping my face,its impossible to kill him-he's free to healing surge himself to full.

It's not a post about X IS OP QQ,since this is not a BG or arena-i am looking for a way to defend myself and you know,do my PvE without being harassed or grouped all the time.
    I'm pretty sure ele counters a warlock, unless you are gladiator level But ele is in no way OP in 1v1. If any warlock is way way stronger. Rock paper scissors.

Deleted
    Just attack him as you normaly would. when he cast Elemantal blast INTERRUPT IT ASAP. He will be locked out of everything for a couple of secs. LOS his cast and thats how you deal with it.

Deleted
    Vortexbeam, then pop treeants and obliterate him with lazers!

Deleted
    Just attack him as you normaly would. when he cast Elemantal blast INTERRUPT IT ASAP. He will be locked out of everything for a couple of secs. LOS his cast and thats how you deal with it.
    1)He uses Primal Elementalist.
    2)LOSing in the lake with Garnia@Timeless Isle is kinda impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    It's simple

We kill the batman stun the shaman

Most melee classes can easily deal with elemental shamans and most casters have more than enough tools to deal with elemental as well.
    More than enough? Ok. Is this a new mod?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I look like a new mod?