Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzards World of Warcraft account on youtube, new icon, New Expansion or Nothing?

So, Recently Blizzard has changed their Mists of Pandaria themed avatar into a regular WoW icon, but darker on the background.
    Is this a hint of the next expansion, or just a random change? The Avatar looks pretty darker then the MoP themed background.

Here is the new Icon:

Here is the old one:

Any ideas what this is? Just a regular change? Getting ready for blizzcon announcement with next expansion?

Maybe i'm just thinking to much about a minor change
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord. Blizzard can't even sneeze without people throwing up conspiracies and donning their tinfoil hats.

They updated the icon to a higher resolution. Looks good in my opinion, much needed. Nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    It looks like a higher resolution version of the vanilla icon. It's probably nothing, but nice find anyway :3

Hmm. This is cool, could be something. But I have no idea! I'm not good at this stuff.

Deleted
    A certain amount of expected surviability have been divide in two and one is only mentioned, the third literation, have been confirmed from this...

And on topic, no I think it is just a minor change for the eye

You are totally right! It also means that Half Life 3 is confirmed.

Infracted. Please, you can share your reply and opinions without using such over used meme.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-09-29 at 07:12 PM.

It looks like the vanilla icon with the maelstrom as a background nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Spirit View Post
    You are totally right! It also means that Half Life 3 is confirmed.
    beat me to it :'(
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    So, Recently Blizzard has changed their Mists of Pandaria themed avatar into a regular WoW icon, but darker on the background.
    Is this a hint of the next expansion, or just a random change? The Avatar looks pretty darker then the MoP themed background.

Here is the new Icon:

Here is the old one:

Any ideas what this is? Just a regular change? Getting ready for blizzcon announcement with next expansion?

Maybe i'm just thinking to much about a minor change
    That looks like the MoP theme icon. So, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    Doesn't fit their channel art, while previous did, so it is a little bit strange they changed it.
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbLj9QP9FAaHs_647QckGtg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    That looks like the MoP theme icon. So, no.
    No it isn't, it's their regular Classic WoW logo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Good lord. Blizzard can't even sneeze without people throwing up conspiracies and donning their tinfoil hats.
    Blizzard sneezed? New kleenex-based expansion confirmed.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account

They updated the icon to a higher resolution. Looks good in my opinion, much needed. Nothing else.
    This is wow's silly season. Comes around once every two years as we basically try and figure out what the next expansion will be.

It's a gloriously stupid time and while frustrating on the one hand because we don't know what is coming, it's also something that should be appreciated in a way because it's sort of fun. We get to speculate like mad, advance crackpot theories and debate over what we think will be coming.

This year is worse than usual because there is no massive leak (Cataclysm) and no tell-tale patent (MoP. I mean, Pandaria was a dead giveaway, was a more a question of what after that).

This is more akin to the run up to WoTLK which was kept fairly under wraps till Blizzcon itself, only emerging in the week leading up to the convention. And even there was a second rumor doing the rounds about a south seas expansion that kept us guessing till the attendees got inside and tweeted the WoTLK themed art on display.

So I say, enjoy the insanity.

If you look really closely you will notice its a giant W. W upside down is M hinting at the first letter of the xpac title. The background is a mixture of blue colours, blue in nature is things like the sky and the sea. This confirms next xpac title and theme.

World of Warcraft; Maybe Sky or Sea themed.

You can ignore the yellow colours though, this just symbolized the amount of gold you will continue to spend on blizzard products, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    It looks like a higher resolution version of the vanilla icon. It's probably nothing, but nice find anyway :3
    Pretty much this, if I was a theorist, I would say the swirl in the background was an indication of something, but its probably just a hi-res throwback icon.

Blizzard isn't going to place hints for their next expansion in a place like their Youtube icon, just like the Illuminati aren't going to place hints that they exist on the back of dollar bills.

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post

Proof that WoW is going back to its Vanilla roots with the next expansion?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    If you look really closely you will notice its a giant W. W upside down is M hinting at the first letter of the xpac title. The background is a mixture of blue colours, blue in nature is things like the sky and the sea. This confirms next xpac title and theme.

World of Warcraft; Maybe Sky or Sea themed.

You can ignore the yellow colours though, this just symbolized the amount of gold you will continue to spend on blizzard products, nothing else.
    I like the way you think.

It's just a channel icon..

I love that you posted this, because that pretty much sums up my thoughts about this as well.

It's a icon, for heavens sake.
    (inb4 "Heaven?! Aerial-based expansion confirmed.")

Hmm- The logo has 4 spikes. But the one in the lower left is darker than the others. So that gives us 3 bright spikes. What does that mean?

Half-Life 3!

its the same icon that WOW uses for its game-launching icon.. as well as in Battle.net app..

It's also 90% identical to the icon used by us.battle.net as the "fav" icon -- without the 4 points on the outside.. likely because the icon is limited to only ~15 pixels in width