Thread: "No End Game"

"No End Game"

What.

Seriously, what?!

I've seen many people say that there is no endgame in FFXIV.. How is there no endgame?

- Ifrit Hardmode
    - Garuda Hardmode
    - Titan Hardmode
    - Praetorium
    - CM
    - Amdapor Keep
    - Relic Quest (equivalent to a legendary quest in WoW)
    - 5-turn (boss) raid, Binding Coil of Bahamut.

This game has been out for 1 month.

Shall we compare that to the endgame of World of Warcraft, at its most current state.

-Mogu'shan Vaults
    - Heart of Fear
    - Terrace of Endless Springs
    - Throne of Thunder
    - Siege of Orgrimmar
    - Cakewalk Heroics that drop blue gear
    - PVP (BG's and Arenas)
    - A VERY long Legendary Questline
    - NotSoGrindless Isle
    - Transmogrification

This game has been out for 9 years, and this expansion has been out for coming up on a year and a half.

Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter

- PVP Battlegrounds
    - One really boring dungeon
    - Real money cash shop to buy in-game gear (Zen -> in-game currency exchange)

This game has been pit for about two months and dropped half it's players. Only has 3 servers.

So, let me get this straight again. FFXIV has no endgame? What?

Also, with patch 2.1, there will be:

- Housing
    - Battlegrounds and PVP gear
    - Vanity Slots (transmogrification) (dunno if this is coming in 2.1 but I know for sure it is, has been confirmed)
    - Large-scale 24 man raid, Crystal Tower

I think these people have been affected by the World of Warcraft spoon-fed syndrome and need to understand that a game in its baby stages will not have more content than a game that has been out for many years.

Edits: grammatical corrections and additions to lists.

Deleted
    You forgot:

- Good King Moogle Primal Fight
    - 2 Hardmode Dungeons
    - 1 new dungeon
    - Hardmode for a Storyboss (they didn't say which one, but I assume Ultima Weapon)
    - Extreme version of Ifrit, Garuda and Titan

That's all in 2.1 as well.

you forgot daily quests for WoW =P because everyone loves daily quests thats totally end game xD, also you forgot world bosses for both FFXIV and WoW lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that there isn't any End-Game - A majority of the people complaining about the lack of it are the ones who have finally realized they are terrible players and won't get handed free end-game gear for no effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean theres nothing to do other than Dungeons or Raids? Color me impressed. /Not.

The problem is not the amout of the content, its how long you do it.

- Ifrit Hardmode - until weapon
    - Garuda Hardmode - until weapon
    - Titan Hardmode - one time
    - Praetorium - one time
    - CM - ~20 farm runs
    - Amdapor Keep - mindless grind, only real scource for philo
    - Relic Quest (equivalent to a legendary quest in WoW) ~2 days if you have a way to kill titan
    - 5-turn (boss) raid, Binding Coil of Bahamut. - only real endgame

Thats 2-3 Weeks of gameplay if you played a lot in the beginning.
    The problem for me is the replay value of the content. Besides ak (which is not fun after xxx runs) there is only coil.
    And not everyone has access to a group for it/want to raid with the server situation.

So you can say for someone who only raids on two days, he has nothing to do in endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    You mean theres nothing to do other than Dungeons or Raids? Color me impressed. /Not.
    Just because you dont like something doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

First of all, if you start your thread with a comparison between FFXIV and WoW, you've already guaranteed a locked thread.

Let's be honest okay guys?

The only end-game available s Binding Coil.

Chances are you'll do ifrit until you get a decent weapon. Garuda you'll do once for relic, Titan you'll do once for relic, prea you'll do once for your story line.

After that it's grinding CM and AK ad nauseum, which are mind numbingly easy dungeons not actual raids. Come one, let's not be blinded by our wish for this game to succeed, this game hasn't got enough end-game content. The available end-game content being Coil, is nigh impossible with the shitty servers this game is running on.

So yeah, there you have it.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-09-29 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    It's not that there isn't any End-Game - A majority of the people complaining about the lack of it are the ones who have finally realized they are terrible players and won't get handed free end-game gear for no effort.
    3 days of ban left posting something similar and more harsh on another forum (reported by "no end-game" idiots). Every second thread made is about how game sux, nothing to do at 50 level + insanely walls of text why it sux, but not single player mentioned that he done at least one fucking thing OP wrote.

Neverwinter as a game is pretty good, the combat is a lot better, than gw2, besides the cash shop indeed ruin the market. Main problem with neverwinter is that the game wasn't even finished when they released and it was full of buggy, people exploited everything they could. The whole company behind the game is just awful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post

This^

FF isn't spoon feeding the "I'M ENTITLED" crowd like Blizz is! Oh but hey I have a famous quote from the wow forums that will solve this debate.

"Unfortunately this thread has derailed, so we’re locking it at this point. Please continue any constructive discussions in a new thread if necessary."

Just to inject a point that Final Fantasy XIV was released September 10th, 2010. At that time WoW was in WoTLK and ICC was the most current raid since then WoW has had Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria and all the raids involved between then and now.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could we start any more veiled WoW bash threads in this forum? I'd love to see one person going off the hinges defending this game that doesn't have to be like "Doh this game is better than WoW for this reason, so you guys are stupid".

1) Your references are out of context and not accurate
    2) The things you listed for each have varying levels of viability for a continuous end game. You don't do either one of them favors.
    3) One thing for certain is that there's not much variety or continuity to FFXIV's end game currently. There's nothing wrong with that. It will take time to get better.

But just...stop bashing WoW to try and make *insert game here* look better.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    First of all, if you start your thread with a comparison between FFXIV and WoW, you've already guaranteed a locked thread.

Let's be honest okay guys?

The only end-game available s Binding Coil.

Chances are you'll do ifrit until you get a decent weapon. Garuda you'll do once for relic, Titan you'll do once for relic, prea you'll do once for your story line.

After that it's grinding CM and AK ad nauseum, which are mind numbingly easy dungeons not actual raids. Come one, let's not be blinded by our wish for this game to succeed, this game hasn't got enough end-game content. The available end-game content being Coil, is nigh impossible with the shitty servers this game is running on.

So yeah, there you have it.
    This is exactly right.

But 2.1 will bring a decent amount of content. But it's still 1-2 months away. So people who already 50's, geared, did coil. Have nothing to do after that.

I get that you had good intentions starting this thread, but bringing other games into the equation only derails the thread into a game vs. game discussion.