Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzcon2013 and my question to regular attendees

Hello there.

So this November I'm going to my very first Blizzcon, and I'm very excited, however I do have a question that people that have attended Blizzcon earlier years may be able to answer.

See this is my problem:

I've very recently been getting into cosplaying, and I'd very much like to do so at Blizzcon... however any costumes that I'd be able to get/make aren't Blizzard related in any sort of way.

Since the possibility for me to go to any other cons in the close future are slim, I'd love to cosplay at Blizzcon. My hopes are that fellow fans of the show will recognize it, while my fear is that people might think it's ungrateful towards the host of the con to cosplay as something that's not related to said company.

And just as a clarification: I'm not in any way planning on entering any kind of cosplay competition or anything! This is simply casual cosplaying for the hell of it.

My question is simply this:
    Earlier years, have there been casual cosplayers there that haven't used a character from a Blizzard game?

I apologize to the mods if this is in the wrong forum, however I couldn't think of where else to put it.

- ChapterKing

I think they dont mind people cosplaying things thats not related to there games but i could be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Also while i think about it, i think you can contact blizzard through there blizzcon website to ask Directly if you dont get a answer.

i've only seen ones from blizzard games but if u enjoy it go for it

You will stand out if you don't do a Blizzard cosplay, I wouldn't imo. I'll be there and if you're a girl you can come by my room at the hilton next to the convention center and I'll tell you if its okay or not

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    You will stand out if you don't do a Blizzard cosplay, I wouldn't imo. I'll be there and if you're a girl you can come by my room at the hilton next to the convention center and I'll tell you if its okay or not
    LOL that is super creepy, da fuq. But i'm pretty sure it needs to be blizzard related somewhat. SC, D3, WoW, Hearthstone, Novels, anything really.. Although I'm pretty sure a lot people didn't even get a chance to show their costume, I remember this AMAZING one and cause to many filled in before her, she didn't get to show, like a cap or something. First comes first serve at sign up thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    LOL that is super creepy, da fuq. But i'm pretty sure it needs to be blizzard related somewhat. SC, D3, WoW, Hearthstone, Novels, anything really.. Although I'm pretty sure a lot people didn't even get a chance to show their costume, I remember this AMAZING one and cause to many filled in before her, she didn't get to show, like a cap or something. First comes first serve at sign up thing.
    I was just letting the OP know that if she wanted to try on her cosplays at my hotel room before day 1 that she can

- - - Updated - - -

we mmochamps gotta look out for one another

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    LOL that is super creepy, da fuq.
    At least he invited her to a hotel room, I was going to offer my services from the dark alley behind the Disney Hotel!

To the OP: you can but will get less attention than a different con. There were quite a few girls just dressed up anime style when I went 2011 (whatever year they showcased Cata, 2010?)

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    At least he invited her to a hotel room, I was going to offer my services from the dark alley behind the Disney Hotel!

To the OP: you can but will get less attention than a different con. There were quite a few girls just dressed up anime style when I went 2011 (whatever year they showcased Cata, 2010?)
    2009, old man

do whatever you'd like. if this is the only con you can attend and want to cosplay as a cross between jesus and spider-man, go for it.

I've never seen anyone cosplaying as something non-Blizzard.
    I'm pretty sure you'd get weird looks and or laughed at, especially if it's some sort of obvious anime cosplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really recall seeing any from non-Blizzard IPs, but you can always google up some Blizzcon cosplay images and look through them. I'm sure there's a ton on the web.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

If you're refering to the cosplay contests, then there has never been a non-Blizzard-related cosplay entered.

If you mean just going there to cosplay in the crowd, then go for it.

I'll be there and if you're a girl you can come by my room at the hilton next to the convention center and I'll tell you if its okay or not
    Might want to stock up on some mace before you leave for Blizzcon, OP. :P

Protip: go dressed as a human being.

Depends what it is. But honestly? I really don't think anyone will care. Everyone is usually high energy, positive, everyone's just there to have a good time. The more cosplayers the better. If anyone has an issue, it's probably due to their raging fanboy-ism, and there's no pleasing those people anyway.

I say go for it. Or, go one day as normal, feel it out, see what the crowd is like, then cosplay the next (either or)
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Might want to stock up on some mace before you leave for Blizzcon, OP. :P

ok

I was just letting the OP know that if she wanted to try on her cosplays at my hotel room before day 1 that she can

- - - Updated - - -

we mmochamps gotta look out for one another
    hahahaha, oh man, that's great.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip- ok
    Ahem, I recommend this.

Hey everyone

I've been to multiple Blizzcons, and yes, there have been people cosplay as non-blizzard characters. It is rare to see however, and you might get some attitude from fanboys.

If you have a kick-ass cosplay though, and we like it, feel free to roll with us for the duration. Two guys and two girls, we've met there every Blizzcon for the last 5 years and at Disneyland when they skipped it last year. We'll play bodyguard.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just go as a Hulk no one will mess with you, because its green and scary ! and to be honest with you FUCK everyone else, you paid to enjoy that place and its not cheap, so they all can go to hell if they dont like cosplay different than Blizzcrap.