547 SPriest. DPS feels weak compared to others, need help!

Hi all! I appreciate your time in advance for any help you may be able to provide. I feel my dps is weaker than what it should be. I'll provide a link to my priest for you to take and look at and guild logs. I'm also not sure if going for GCD cap (18,200 haste) is more valued than going for the intellect socket bonuses (120/180 intellect).

My priest - us.battle .net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Genosis/advanced

Guild logs - worldoflogs. com/guilds/281340/

You're going to have to take the spaces out of the links since I'm not allowed to post any yet

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Genosis1 View Post
    Hi all! I appreciate your time in advance for any help you may be able to provide. I feel my dps is weaker than what it should be. I'll provide a link to my priest for you to take and look at and guild logs. I'm also not sure if going for GCD cap (18,200 haste) is more valued than going for the intellect socket bonuses (120/180 intellect).

My priest - us.battle .net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Genosis/advanced

Guild logs - worldoflogs. com/guilds/281340/

You're going to have to take the spaces out of the links since I'm not allowed to post any yet

Thanks for the help!
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/281340/

Ill link it for yeah, ill have to take a look when i get home.

Not a super in-depth reply, but from taking a quick look from world of logs.
    There are quite a few fights where there is always at least 1 mob up, yet you gone low as down to 83% uptime on your SW:P and vampiric touch. I couldn't find any fight where your sw and VT are top, or barely in top 3. Also you got kinda low mastery, not sure how much that actually matters in the end though.

Yeah, I've noticed low dot uptimes on quite a few fights as well. I've been working on that since I made this post. I tend to cast my devouring plague before refreshing my VT so I'll channel MF:I as much as possible before refreshing. And from my understanding the only reason I would want to go Haste>Mastery>Crit is with using UVLS.

Your gemming is fine, your gear is just not very ideal. Socket bonuses are definitely still worth it, especially 120/180 int ones.

What fights do you feel you are doing weak on? Looking at protectors for example which spriest are very strong on, you have low uptime on your dots, and that might be partly due to forgetting to keep dots up on everything, and also because you are running MF:I. I feel FDCL is a better talent for that fight if you are very disciplined about keeping your dots up on everything. Having to channel MF:I during that fight hurts your dot uptimes and FDCL is pretty strong atm with it's increased proc rates on certain fights.

If you want help on a specific fight though, let us know. I think you just need to work on your dot uptime on multi-dot fights, and on fights like iron juggernaut which isn't a very good spriest fight if you are playing right to avoid damage, just min/max your movement and dps. Divine insight is also good on fights you have to move around a lot (I noticed you ran ToF for IJ, which I don't feel is optimal).

Deleted
    Reforge away your crit and get more mastery.

Crit only performs better than Mastery with FDCL as a talent, and you should not use that very often.

And no, thanks to your metagem you should go mastery -> crit. More ticks, more mastery-proccs.

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    Reforge away your crit and get more mastery.

Crit only performs better than Mastery with FDCL as a talent, and you should not use that very often.

And no, thanks to your metagem you should go mastery -> crit. More ticks, more mastery-proccs.
    Even if you gem, reforge, and get your dots on all the adds and continue to keep them up your dps will continue to be weak. Spriest dps is woeful single target and seizure inducing in multi targets.

Just keep dots up increase your haste, and get some tier sets and be content with having to do much more work in order to do average dps.

else, reroll mage drop your bombs on adds and go to town with the highest single target dps.

peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Even if you gem, reforge, and get your dots on all the adds and continue to keep them up your dps will continue to be weak. Spriest dps is woeful single target and seizure inducing in multi targets.

Just keep dots up increase your haste, and get some tier sets and be content with having to do much more work in order to do average dps.
    To be fair, we only suck at single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post

else, reroll mage drop your bombs on adds and go to town with the highest single target dps.

peace.
    If you are having problems with multi-target then I'm not sure what to tell you.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15