I have no idea what I need for a laptop.

Hey guys, this board helped me immensely in buying a desktop a while back that has exceeded my expectations. Well, now it's time to finally buy a laptop! Unfortunately, my knowledge of laptop capabilities is very limited.

What I'm looking for is a laptop that runs games smoothly at 1920x1080. I'm not concerned about "top of the line" games like shooters running too well, as I have my desktop. That being said, I'd like games such as Diablo3, WoW, MLB and NBA 2K series, Civ V and the like to run at a smooth 60 fps at high settings.

Bonus points for the laptop including a bluray drive, but this Is not necessary.
    I have honestly just had such negative experiences with laptops in the past running games that I want to make sure a) I'm buying one that shouldn't have a problem meeting my needs and b) I'm not going too much overboard on budget.

I have about $1250 canadian max, after taxes and shipping. Ideally, I'd like to spend much less than that.

One laptop I've been looking at and am definitely interested in is the MSI GE60 0ND (http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX42223)
    Is this going a bit overboard?

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!
    Jro

screen size preference? battery?
    you can do with less than $1250 actually

Quote Originally Posted by junky View Post
    screen size preference? battery?
    you can do with less than $1250 actually
    Battery life isn't too important to me. Screen size isn't too important either.. just no smaller than 14".