Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I sometimes wonder why Obama seems to care more about global issues than the problems facing Americans right now ... (oh that's right you don't get a noble peace prize for actually being a great president; empty promises of majorly glory suffice this time!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    I sometimes wonder why Obama seems to care more about global issues than the problems facing Americans right now ... (oh that's right you don't get a noble peace prize for actually being a great president; empty promises of majorly glory suffice this time!)
    You necro a thread for this?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    "The military spending is dwarfed by the social and entitlement spending." Interesting. I didn't see that coming when I know the US outspends everybody else on the planet combined on the military. That military bases and outposts ( think of them as forts ) are kept all over the world ( how many foreign bases are there in the USA ? ) And that use of mercenaries outnumbering the enlisted ( contractors is today's buzzword ) and 'outsourcing' - often with 'no bid' contracts - runs expenses to ridiculous amounts.
    People pay via payroll deduction - matched by employers - for their 'entitlements'. That's because they are their investment...which politicians then steal.