Thread: New Class

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

New Class

I have a feeling the Timewalkers or something closely related will be the next class. Why?

Weaver Belmaril. Watcher Bianca. Warden Virgil. On the Timeless Isle. Right by Wrathion and Co so you go and get a nice long look at them and their dialogue.

Why?

The 3 of them stand together on the Timeless Isle doing nothing, just talking about their roles in the Timewalkers (and soon to be specs).

Weaver Belmaril is the healer talking about how he heals the timeways. Warden Virgil is the tank, even specifically saying he protectors the others as the do their tasks (ie roles). And Watcher Bianca talks of how she scouts ahead implying some degree of forward action so she would be the dps and probably a caster at that given her staff.

Too close to where Blizz has taken mages. I really think Blizz shouldn't add another class until they come up with something groundbreaking.

Its possible, barring some massive elaboration from Blizzard why this class is unique.

But imo, it seems very bland, generic and too incongruent for a new class.

Deleted
    If there ever will be a fourth spec, mages will get chronomancer and it will be a healer spec.

Only if we get a Tardis for a mount.

No but seriously, if we got a timewalker type of class I would be so happy. I'm throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    its not that i dont agree with you especialy with mage's alter time BUT i kinda feel as if blizz is giving us a heads up on things i mean the npcs dont do anything other then tell you their roles
    Last edited by lokinrond713; 2013-09-29 at 08:23 PM.

I was skeptical after hearing this first but when I looked in game I have to say I really do agree with OP.

It just seems so ridiculously coincidental that there's THREE of them stood together with 3 distinct roles (healer, tank, DPS) that serve no other purpose than to explain their said roles to the player.

Where it'd fit in with an expansion theme? I don't know, I don't like the idea of a time travel expansion tbh, although some of it could be cool.

Unless time travel went so far back that we actually helped the Titans imprison/destroy the Old Gods (maybe because N'zoth causes untold shit to happen to Azeroth in 5.5/6.0 that we're forced to fuck up time?).

Deleted
    Timewalker sounds like something with extremely good CC and poor DPS for me :P

Imo the new class could be some ranged DPS (Ranger, archer, marksman or sth like that) with 1st spec(lets call it scout) for pure pve(something like ranged rogue)
    2nd spec(lets call it hedhunter or ranger) for pvp with good with ranged weapon and with decent melee. And 3rd(lets call it marksman or Brigadier) with a lot of aoe and dots.

or Demon Hunter(we had chance to feel like Arthas while playing DK so now time for Illidan)

or something new with new role in raiding...

who knows

10+ Year Old Account
    After playing Gw2 i must that technology based class could be nice, but still deamon hunter is what i want

I need to visit the island and check that. If it's that blatant, I'd gladly welcome another "hero class." We need another, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    After playing Gw2 i must that technology based class could be nice, but still deamon hunter is what i want
    I'd like both. In fact, look at my sig.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Although maybe it could somehow help to create more tanks/healers in WoW, I really think a pure-dps class would be a lot cooler as a new class. If it was another three-way hybrid, it would struggle to differ from pally, druid, or monk at this point.

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuneree View Post
    Although maybe it could somehow help to create more tanks/healers in WoW, I really think a pure-dps class would be a lot cooler as a new class. If it was another three-way hybrid, it would struggle to differ from pally, druid, or monk at this point.
    on the other hand playing a pure dps is a pain, what with the long ques and terible self healing

More likely to be a physical DPS ranged or Intellect plate user. Something like a Tinker or Dark Ranger to add another Mail user (both Agility and Intellect) and a spec or two to use ranged weapons.

Another Pure DPS with a Dark Ranger would be pretty nice. Two specs to use Agility Mail, one spec to use Intellect Mail, one spec to use ranged weapons, one spec to use Agility daggers. Would cover a lot of their loot itemization concerns. Pure DPS would be a change of pace and Ghostcrawler has stated himself that Death Knights and Monks did not actually increase the population of healers or tanks, despite it being one of their intents, and only accomplished spreading them out across more classes.

I don't see us getting anything like Demon Hunter due to how much of the core kit has been tossed around to other specs in the game, forcing them to design the new class with a lot more restrictions to the point it wouldn't even be a real Demon Hunter. A Demon Hunter at its core is a fel magic wielding light armored melee combatant. But a third melee class addition in a row? A second leather user in a row?

Timewalker would also make more sense as a Chronomancer as a 4th spec for Mages if they ever hybridize the Pures.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-09-29 at 10:36 PM.

I'd rather they solve the issues with the current classes than half-assing another one.

edit: but if they make another one, I'd really like it to be innovative and preferably ranged (seeing as the last two have been close proximity hyrbids).