Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Timeless isle and shadow priests

I have noticed that the vast majority of blood coin farmers are PvE geared shadow priests, at least on my server (EU-Stormreaver). Why is that? Are shadow priests extremely OP in 1v1 this patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't really see any shadow priests ganking on my realm but the burst you can throw out on an unsuspecting foe if you have a couple of the island buff (chi-ji's shrine buff *nom nom*) is absolutely ludicrous. I regularly kill people within the 5 second silence.

Deleted
    Could be, not really encountered many though. I do it on my Boomkin and pretty much have a guaranteed kill every 3 minutes (when cooldowns are ready).

Deleted
    shadow priests are shit 1v1 :P

@lohe: shrine buffs don't work while under effect of the item that grants you blood coins

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    shadow priests are shit 1v1 :P

@lohe: shrine buffs don't work while under effect of the item that grants you blood coins
    Really? I don't do the bloody coins farming on my priest, I just kill people who do it so I wouldn't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Really? I don't do the bloody coins farming on my priest, I just kill people who do it so I wouldn't know.
    Yup 100% sure since I do farm a lot of coins.

btw the girl in your avatar is gorgeous!

10+ Year Old Account
    Spriests are pretty versatile in wPvP if you ask me. Especially on the isle combined with a goblin/golden glider. You can MC people off of the cliffs, you can fear every 30 seconds. I reckon healing is pretty insane in full PvE gear aswell combined with the really high burst potency (3 orb dev plague + shadowfiend + silence + insanity = guaranteed kill basically).

Deleted
    My guess would be DoTs and a finisher equals they are pretty good at getting final blow, well better than most classes anyway.

I main a pve geared priest (though gemmed for Disc) and do all solo timeless isle ganking as shadow.

In wPvP spriest has a lot of utility, combined with very high burst potential. Not only is there 30 sec fear, they also have psychic horror and silence. Combine that with aoe roots, spectral guise, dispersion, and speed feathers, you can easily gain distance from opponents if things go wrong, or even just shut them down. My favorite is fighting casters, since with silence, horror, and fear, I can generally (especially other pve geared players) lock down their spell casts while bursting them to hell with dots, mindflay insanity, mindblast, fiend, and of course devouring plague.

Not that I don't also get killed, mind you.

My favorite thing to do is assault the tournament area (legendary cloak op for killing guards) and kill as many players in their "sanctuary" as possible.
    Last edited by Uvwaex; 2013-09-30 at 05:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    I have noticed that the vast majority of blood coin farmers are PvE geared shadow priests, at least on my server (EU-Stormreaver). Why is that? Are shadow priests extremely OP in 1v1 this patch.
    Given that Priests are the only class with two other healing specs - all priests who intend to farm Bloody Coins will be Shadow (you won't be ganked by Holy or Disc Priests, obviously). That's unique to Priests - so often we get comments about Shadowpriests in world PvP, more at the start of expansions when everyone is leveling up, "Why are all the priests I encounter while solo questing Shadow? Where are the Disc and Holy Priests?" They are either in instances, or more likely - they are respecced Shadow for soloing.

It's somewhat similar for Paladins - in that their only DPS spec is Ret, but Prot can also farm Bloody Coins fairly effectively - but similarly you will never get ganked by a Holy Paladin. Monks would be similar except that WW, Brewmaster, and Mistweaver are all excellent in 1v1 world PvP - and Mistweaver/BM are arguably stronger than WW when the odds are stacked against them.

For all other classes, their total class representation is distributed across all their specs somewhat equally in world pvp - but for priests alone - it's essentially all Shadow.

Other factors may include that Priests are also one of the more popular classes, and that Shadow is the most visually distinct spec in the game - so if you see a Shadowpriest from 200 yards away you know instantly what it is - but no other spec/class has that level of visual recognition. So you "see" more of them in part because your mind isn't differentiating between any other spec/class - from a distance it's just Shadowpriests vs. All Specs/Classes.

If I dropped a bunch of purple grains of rice into a bowl of white rice - you'd be able to spot them instantly - but wouldn't be able to visualize the difference between a Subtlety Rice and a Marksmen Rice (because all the rest of the rice would appear white by comparison).

The reverse of your question is, "Why aren't any Resto Druids trying to gank me on the Isle?" (except, insert Holy/Disc Priests of course). Put that way it's pretty self explanatory: Priests have to be Shadow to play the (Isle) game.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-10-01 at 01:52 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    I do not currently know why Shadow exists in PvP, rather have Affliction every time.

Maybe Shadow is doing well in PvE at the moment and they are being given the gear for progression?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I do not currently know why Shadow exists in PvP, rather have Affliction every time.

Maybe Shadow is doing well in PvE at the moment and they are being given the gear for progression?
    Afflictions better than Shadow at everything in PvE, too. It's got more to do with the reasons I listed I think

Says the guy with the clutch healing under pressure in raids.

bloody coin farm is pain to do on my server becease had so many people use item to just troll people there and have groups 8 or more with healer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Afflictions better than Shadow at everything in PvE, too. It's got more to do with the reasons I listed I think
    Yes, I liked your list. However, I am stubborn and level as Minstweaver/ Disc.

15+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    Well, Disc Priests are completely broken while leveling, they easily outperform Shadow dps-wise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Yes, I liked your list. However, I am stubborn and level as Minstweaver/ Disc.

Thanks! I leveled a Disc Priest recently from 1-85 (RAF + Heirlooms) in 22 hours It was awesome!

We actually did it twice, I did Disc + Rogue friend, then she did Disc + Prot Pal (me).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Says the guy with the clutch healing under pressure in raids.
    If you could see how much healing a raid eating their Healthstones does, you'd be shocked (it's higher than Shadow Divine Starring a stacked and 2-healed raid).

Other factors may include that Priests are also one of the more popular classes, and that Shadow is the most visually distinct spec in the game - so if you see a Shadowpriest from 200 yards away you know instantly what it is - but no other spec/class has that level of visual recognition. So you "see" more of them in part because your mind isn't differentiating between any other spec/class - from a distance it's just Shadowpriests vs. All Specs/Classes.
    My ex*demo warlock would have some words.
    *Goddamn freaking nerfs.
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    First one to spread the qq from Timeless Isle general chat to public forums, sorry if it hurt so bad. And, killing people who has no clue what the hell they are doing, is easy stuff mate, It doesn't mean priests are OP just becouse I can kill clueless Weighlifter in 2 globals 3ith Leishen proc+3dp.

Best regards, one of those Shadowpriests that farmed Fire-Watcher on Stormreaver - EU within the first week of the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    from a distance it's just Shadowpriests vs. All Specs/Classes.
    So you are saying that hunters, DKs, ferals and boomkins look the same?

And I really mean that I have probably seen more shadow priests than any of the above combined. Some affliction warlocks too so I suspect it has something to do with the dot+fear playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Protsku View Post
    First one to spread the qq from Timeless Isle general chat to public forums, sorry if it hurt so bad. And, killing people who has no clue what the hell they are doing, is easy stuff mate, It doesn't mean priests are OP just becouse I can kill clueless Weighlifter in 2 globals 3ith Leishen proc+3dp.

Best regards, one of those Shadowpriests that farmed Fire-Watcher on Stormreaver - EU within the first week of the patch.
    Looks like you didn't understand my point. Why are there no huntards or mages oneshotting people?