2000€ Gaming PC

Budget
    2000€ (but i'm willing to put some more if needed but not overdo it)

Resolution
    1920x1080

Games / Settings Desired
    I want it to play new games on maximum settings possible with 20~ chrome tabs and skype opened (work...)

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    High res streaming, gameplay recording, movie editing.

Country
    Germany

Parts that can be reused
    My current PC 2TB hard drive i guess?

Do you need an OS?
    Widonws 7 Home Edition i think.

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
    Second screen

-----

So as I have completely no clue about building a PC here I am at MMOChamp! I just want to run newly released games smooth while maxing out stuff like anti aliasing, cool lighting effects etc. Yes, I'm a fan of a lot of shiny stuff happening on screen. I often need to alt+tab games to open chrome with 20-30 tabs and im on skype pretty much all the time.

If my dream is not possible with that amount of money im willing to put some more into it but not overkill it.

And most important wow! I want to run wow on stable 60~ fps atleast.
    Last edited by tapczan100; 2013-10-28 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Update

Deleted
    Go for something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€97.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€128.68 @ Hardwareversand)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory (€67.72 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (€154.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (€605.95 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: BitFenix Ghost (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (€90.51 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (€99.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222AB DVD/CD Writer (€19.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (€87.90 @ Caseking)
    Total: €1353.44
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-29 16:09 CEST+0200)

with the 4670k CPU.

The bolded items are interchangeable, with the release of the upcoming R9 series of Graphics cards, and the motherboard maybe better being the ASUS Z87-A motherboard.

However, you're unlikely to get a stable 60+ FPS with everything Ultra, due to the WoW engine being....well, ancient by engine standards.

Taking out optical drive and storage i'm still left with like 600 euros and well... i want to put it all in. It's not worth it or there is no place for improvement?

you can go for a I7 CPU.
    you can also go triple SLI

it's easy to pump 20 grand in a PC that way.
    but seeing you don't edit movies / 3D ect it's not needed.

maybe it's a idea to look for some new hardware? aka:
    keyboard ( Mad Catz's $300 S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 gaming keyboard )
    mouse ( http://gaming.logitech.com/nl-nl/pro...s-gaming-mouse )
    headset (http://gaming.logitech.com/nl-nl/pro...gaming-headset )
    extra monitors / triple monitor setup ( http://cdn.overclock.net/8/8e/8ed3e4b2_stand5.jpeg )
    triple monitor and use eyeinfinity? ( http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/stgDB8tSfLY/maxresdefault.jpg )

also don't forget a nice monitor stand to get that damm monitor stand off ya desk! giefs room!
    Last edited by wrathblade; 2013-09-29 at 02:34 PM.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

10+ Year Old Account
    Pop in another GPU, get 16GB RAM, Another SSD, Windows 8, Custom Cooling and get it assembled, Another HDD, better/bigger PSU, Better Case

Some of the options you could take from Tenagry's system offering.

780 EVGA or x2
    Corsair AX PSU or Seasonic
    Samsung x2 256GB SSD's
    Good Mobo with 2x16 lanes for SLI
    Last edited by Mister K; 2013-09-29 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    Taking out optical drive and storage i'm still left with like 600 euros and well... i want to put it all in. It's not worth it or there is no place for improvement?
    There is a point where the performance vs the price you paying is just so tiny that it isn't really worth it anymore. Also I would wait until the new R9 290X comes out(next month) as it is supposed to trash the 780/Titan in terms of performance and be cheaper.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Thank you but no i'm used to my steelseries stuff that i won (lucky me!) 6G keyboard, Siberias and Sensei mouse and I really like them. But second screen might be not that bad idea. Movies/games/whatever on one and skype/browser and everything else on other.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    There is a point where the performance vs the price you paying is just so tiny that it isn't really worth it anymore. Also I would wait until the new R9 290X comes out(next month) as it is supposed to trash the 780/Titan in terms of performance and be cheaper.
    oh ok so I guess waiting a month might be the best idea so now i can just get second screen but wait with the PC itself when R9 290X comes out
    Last edited by tapczan100; 2013-09-29 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you but no i'm used to my steelseries stuff that i won (lucky me!) 6G keyboard, Siberias and Sensei mouse and I really like them. But second screen might be not that bad idea. Movies/games/whatever on one and skype/browser and everything else on other.
    Do you have an IPS display? Could always go for that with the build already suggested by someone else. In future pop another GPU in if you want more juice.

Now i5 is more then fine, however with the new gen consoles, we might see Hyperthreading being optimized for ingames. Or get i5 now, save money and if Intel release another line of CPUs for the z87 get i7 and sell i5.

But a screen upgrade would be great if your current screen isn't all that. For 600eur you can get squeeze a great IPS panel.

oh ok so I guess waiting a month might be the best idea so now i can just get second screen but wait with the PC itself when R9 290X comes out
    Yeah, if you can wait bit longer id just hold it out bit more and see what the new lineup of AMD offers. I think they might have the BF4 bundle with the cards (not 100% sure but if not, I am sure they will have some other games packed into the GPUs).
    Last edited by Mister K; 2013-09-29 at 02:45 PM.

So i will hold myself for now and look for second (or two to replace one i already have) screen. Also any idea about when premiere of that graphic card is? I googled a bit but failed completely but found out that BF4 bundle is coming like Suprm said.

So i will hold myself for now and look for second (or two to replace one i already have) screen. Also any idea about when premiere of that graphic card is? I googled a bit but failed completely but found out that BF4 bundle is coming like Suprm said.

According to this site(the date is in the pictures), they will start taking pre-orders from select merchants on October 3rd. So it will likely be out by the end of the month or the beginning of the next month.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of screens maybe 1x120Hz and 1xIPS display if you can squeeze the cash. You will have two multi purpose monitors. I think maybe mid/end October. That said, if AMD has the BF4 bundle, it shouldn't take too long after BF4's official release date imho, at least that makes sense to release it soon after BF4.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Suprm View Post
    it shouldn't take too long after BF4's official release date imho, at least that makes sense to release it soon after BF4.
    Or if they are smart they will ship it to coincide with the release or even a day or two early and generate alot more business because ZOMG I GET IT EARLY IF I BUY THIS CARD.

I will necro my own thread as the time for buying pc is getting closer. Plans have changed a bit... This PC will be shared with someone and it will be used for streaming, editing videos and stuff! Also second screen will be needed (or two?) I will update first post. If i need to put some more money in it it's no problem.

Deleted
    Go for my build with the EVGA 780 Supercharged ACX - mostly due to Shadowplay. In addition, Windows 8 is around the same cost as Win7, which should leave you with around €450 for two monitors.

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€86.90 @ Caseking)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€135.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (€69.98 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (€154.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€53.34 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (€578.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case (€94.79 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (€69.85 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit)
    Monitor: LG 22EA53VQ 60Hz 21.5" Monitor (€162.79 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €1406.53
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-28 14:43 CET+0100)

thats what i would go for. put in a 4770k that sould be around 300 euro. this is just a part list. i would advise to google every part with "günstiger" behind it and find the best price. u will probably end up around 1600 - 1700 euro.
    Last edited by mmocd7afc5e097; 2013-10-28 at 02:14 PM.

Eh necroing my thread again... my friend told me he will help me build a pc and this is what he came with
    motherboard -Asus maximus IV Gene m-atx
    video card - Asus GTX780 3GB direct CUII
    Intel I7 4770K
    memory Corsair Vengeance Pro red 2133mhz
    power supply EVGA Supernova 750W 80PLUS gold
    SSD Crucial m4 128GB
    case Fractal Design Define mini
    Windows 7 home premium

This only made me more confused :F Goh i feel so stupid right now... any opinions?

Eh necroing my thread again... my friend told me he will help me build a pc and this is what he came with
    motherboard -Asus maximus IV Gene m-atx
    video card - Asus GTX780 3GB direct CUII
    Intel I7 4770K
    memory Corsair Vengeance Pro red 2133mhz
    power supply EVGA Supernova 750W 80PLUS gold
    SSD Crucial m4 128GB
    case Fractal Design Define mini
    Windows 7 home premium

This only made me more confused :F Goh i feel so stupid right now... any opinions?
    2133mhz memory is a complete waste of money, 1600mhz is all you need.
    If the Asus is about the same price as the Gigabyte GTX 780 linked above, thats fine.
    The Maximus Gene is way overkill for a motherboard and it is no longer available in most places(discontinued), your better off getting a Z87 motherboard that is up-to-date with how haswell runs anyways.
    840 EVO is a better drive.
    Windows 8 gives better performance than 7.
    80+ gold isn't needed, 80+ bronze is fine(unless the gold PSU is only sale).
    A ATX case/motherboard would give you more room to work with and provide better airflow.