Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,046
    If we go back to the original poster and the context he's asking for advice. He's clearly not progressing Heroics and in light of that, I don't see how you can even begin to discuss whether or not Disc is a viable healer. For Normal mode all healers will do. Not viable to me, is what Resto Shamans were in 10 ToT Heroic. Yet we used a Resto Shaman when having to 3 heal and yes, we cleared 13/13 Heroic months before 5.4 hit.

    This whole notion that some classes are so utter crap that you can't use them at all, just isn't true. "You can't tank without a Paladin tank" or "You can't raid Heroics with a Resto Shaman" - well you can, if your players are good enough. "Disc aren't viable" is BS, ofc they are. Some classes will always be stronger than others but that's not the same thing as "Not viable at all" as you make it out to sound.

    I'd bring a skilled Disc over a mediocre Resto Druid any day and again - to answer the OP's original question - every healing class is viable if played correct.

  2. #42
    How come no one has even begun to answer the question?
    He even reworded it once he saw that the first couple of replies was off topic.

    He wants to know which healer to use in what situation out of the druid/shaman/paladin he has.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    If we go back to the original poster and the context he's asking for advice. He's clearly not progressing Heroics and in light of that, I don't see how you can even begin to discuss whether or not Disc is a viable healer. For Normal mode all healers will do. Not viable to me, is what Resto Shamans were in 10 ToT Heroic. Yet we used a Resto Shaman when having to 3 heal and yes, we cleared 13/13 Heroic months before 5.4 hit.

    This whole notion that some classes are so utter crap that you can't use them at all, just isn't true. "You can't tank without a Paladin tank" or "You can't raid Heroics with a Resto Shaman" - well you can, if your players are good enough. "Disc aren't viable" is BS, ofc they are. Some classes will always be stronger than others but that's not the same thing as "Not viable at all" as you make it out to sound.

    I'd bring a skilled Disc over a mediocre Resto Druid any day and again - to answer the OP's original question - every healing class is viable if played correct.
    Who said disc wasn't "viable"?

    He didn't actually ask which classes were viable, he asked which were best for specific healing roles. You're also somewhere in left field about restoration shamans in T15. Jin'rokh, Council, Megaera, Qon, Twins, and Lei Shen all had strong positions for shamans to play and the rankings demonstrate it pretty well: http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...f_Thunder/hps/

    I believe the original question was sufficiently answered with a broad consensus that he should select healers based on their skill and not their class, but if you want to specifically address the question the answer is probably that druids are able to fill any healing assignment nearly as well as any other class, paladins are probably the ideal tank healers and shaman and monks are the best AoE healers, with shaman somewhat limited by the requirement for targets to be near each other.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    How come no one has even begun to answer the question?
    He even reworded it once he saw that the first couple of replies was off topic.

    He wants to know which healer to use in what situation out of the druid/shaman/paladin he has.
    Yeah, that's actually not what he asked at all, but thanks for trying to be the thread police. We definitely need more of that around here (probably about as much as we need more sarcasm).

  4. #44
    The best thing you can do is have a good balance. Reason being that no single healer is able to handle all situations well. Pallies can spike heal extremely well, but aren't great at dealing with a lot of aoe raid damage. Shamans are great at dealing with raid damage, but not so good if people are really spread out. Druids are good with spread out groups but aren't great for spike healing. Disc doesn't do amazing group throughput, but is good at mitigating incoming damage and increasing effective health of players. Holy isn't great at sustained healing, but great if you need powerful burst.

    That's not to say you need 1 of each class for 25-man, or that a good healer of any class can't do a specific fight. But anyone who tells you "holy priests suck" or "stack resto shamans" is wrong, because there are some fights where both of those statements are completely false. Get a good mix of good players. Sure you don't want 4 disc priests, but you also probably don't want 4 resto shamans because eventually you'll run into a fight that doesn't work well for them.

  5. #45
    Shamans sucking on spread? Rushing Streams and Glyph of CH buffs changed that. Druids sucking at spike healing? Genesis. A lot of healers this patch have no weaknesses.
    Video Game Blog - Now with 100% less World of Warcraft!

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    How come no one has even begun to answer the question?
    He even reworded it once he saw that the first couple of replies was off topic.

    He wants to know which healer to use in what situation out of the druid/shaman/paladin he has.
    my question was answered, but yeah this got off topic real fast. I just wanted to know what classes were better at tanks heals and which for raid heals... suddenly priest bashing!

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    The best thing you can do is have a good balance. Reason being that no single healer is able to handle all situations well. Pallies can spike heal extremely well, but aren't great at dealing with a lot of aoe raid damage. Shamans are great at dealing with raid damage, but not so good if people are really spread out. Druids are good with spread out groups but aren't great for spike healing. Disc doesn't do amazing group throughput, but is good at mitigating incoming damage and increasing effective health of players. Holy isn't great at sustained healing, but great if you need powerful burst.

    That's not to say you need 1 of each class for 25-man, or that a good healer of any class can't do a specific fight. But anyone who tells you "holy priests suck" or "stack resto shamans" is wrong, because there are some fights where both of those statements are completely false. Get a good mix of good players. Sure you don't want 4 disc priests, but you also probably don't want 4 resto shamans because eventually you'll run into a fight that doesn't work well for them.
    Holy priests aren't great with sustained healing? Holy has huge tools for sustained healing - first, their mastery is pretty much the definition of sustained healing, its a HoT that gets refreshed as well as additional throughput on every cast, and it ticks for 6 seconds. Second, Renew refreshing in 10s or PoH/DI method in 10/25 means you're getting a very stable, trustworthy constant AoE healing, and you won't find much better than this (if at all). There's a reason why Holy is played mostly on constant damage ticking fights like Norushen, or Malkorok. Holy has a very, very strong toolkit but not many know how to use it effeciently, but when played right, Holy is a beast.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    Holy priests aren't great with sustained healing? Holy has huge tools for sustained healing - first, their mastery is pretty much the definition of sustained healing, its a HoT that gets refreshed as well as additional throughput on every cast, and it ticks for 6 seconds. Second, Renew refreshing in 10s or PoH/DI method in 10/25 means you're getting a very stable, trustworthy constant AoE healing, and you won't find much better than this (if at all). There's a reason why Holy is played mostly on constant damage ticking fights like Norushen, or Malkorok. Holy has a very, very strong toolkit but not many know how to use it effeciently, but when played right, Holy is a beast.
    Fair enough, you seem to have seriously missed the point of my post though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •