Deleted

How do you (melee) heal as a MW monk in PvP?

I know that MW monk can heal very nice in pve as a melee healer. But in PvP you do 72% less dmg to other players (PvP resilience). As a healer you get no damage bonus from PvP power, so your dmg must be very low. And since your heals relys on dmg done, they must be very weak + Battle Fatigue = ? So how do you keep yourself and party members allive? Do you only casts healing spells?

Deleted
    I don't ever melee as MW, I just cast healing spells (both PvE and PvP). I don't think people even fistweave in PvE anymore, it's less mana efficient and does less healing than just healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't melee unless you want to sit cc all day.

15+ Year Old Account
    In 2's fistweaving is sometimes the best thing to do. Use your healing spheres when needed, and use the free surging mist when needed. Have the leg sweep talent and the tiger talent for when you are bursting. I have a tiger palm marco, all share it with you and edit this post when I get to wow.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I do a mix of both, i only do Bgs or 2v2, but i find my self healing my partner with SM and RM and focusing down the other teams healer while my partner works on the other teams dps, that way im up the healers ass interrupting him when he trys to heal and ccing him when i can, it quite often leads to a kill because the other teams healer is too worried about me. because think of it what you will even with 72% base resil im still hitting for 50k BOK and 30k TP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    I don't ever melee as MW, I just cast healing spells (both PvE and PvP). I don't think people even fistweave in PvE anymore, it's less mana efficient and does less healing than just healing.
    With the amount of cleave bosses in Siege, Fistweaving can be incredibly viable, especially 2 healing paragons, the healing of 3+ adds with BoK is amazing.... not necessarily for cutting edge progression but its not something to be completely ruled out

10+ Year Old Account
    In 2s it's really nice to do melee damage. It can pull out A LOT of pressure due to the interrupt and mediocre damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    In 2s it's really nice to do melee damage. It can pull out A LOT of pressure due to the interrupt and mediocre damage.
    Eh even in 2s i'd rather just "zap" them and be able to LoS incoming CC etc.

I PvP a lot. 1900 Rbgs and around the same rating in arenas.

The only time I ever melee is in 2s. Sometimes if you are kiting a DPS away from their healer you can do enough dmg to put a lot of pressure on the healer or the dps to swap positions. This isn't really fistweaving though, you are just trying to do some dmg to change the game a little. At lower ratings I have been able to solo some dps who are terrible with this strat, not so much if the dps is actually a good player.

In Rbgs, meleeing is only ever okay if you are trying to get people off of flag caps. Generally spinning crane kick or the first tick of jade lightning is better for this though.

In general though, if you actually want to melee in a serious pvp environment to heal, you are doing it wrong. Healing spheres are stupid good if you are just worried about yourself or if you can predict your partners movements even if the spheres don't generate chi. Enveloping mist is by far one of the best pvp heals you can use as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    With the amount of cleave bosses in Siege, Fistweaving can be incredibly viable, especially 2 healing paragons, the healing of 3+ adds with BoK is amazing.... not necessarily for cutting edge progression but its not something to be completely ruled out
    Ah yes, forgot about that I tend to use the cleave mostly on thrash, but I can see it being used on certain cleave bosses, if the raid isn't getting destroyed. Otherwise I'd rather use my chi for uplift.

Deleted
    What about fistweaving in random BGs or when you face 1v1 situation? Do you just heal and wait until your team comes to help you? Is MW monk able to beat any dps clas/spec 1v1? And how is MW damage and survivability compared to other healers dmg and surv?
    thx for your replys and tips

the healing generated by fistweaving is calculated as if there was no reduction. Else it wouldnt have been viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangable View Post
    In Rbgs, meleeing is only ever okay if you are trying to get people off of flag caps. Generally spinning crane kick or the first tick of jade lightning is better for this though.
    I've had ppl cap flag even when I was channeling cjl on them, not sure if they fixed that or not.