Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Jina-Kang or Xing-Ho for Atonement?

Hey all was just wondering what I should choose as I am finally able to get my cloak next reset?

I primarily do LFR but going to get int flex mode soon. From looking at both the healing one doesn't seem to be very good for disc, especially atonement, but the 5% healing increase on the proc seems better than going the dps one.

DPS one looks way better but I'm not sure which I should pick?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ddler/advanced is my priest.

Thanks
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Well, since they recently nerfed using the "wrong" cloak for your spec, and Disc is a healing spec, I'd say you should probably use the healing cloak.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Im also intersted, i got the healing one myself but it only gives me 2% more healing tbh, anyone tested the dps?

And can i switch if i want?

15+ Year Old Account
    I have both and swap based on the fight, if I had to pick only one for some reason I'd use the healer cloak.

I thought they only made it so tanks have the reduced proc rate when using the non-tank cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by undead9 View Post
    I thought they only made it so tanks have the reduced proc rate when using the non-tank cloak?
    Correct. Nothing so far for healers.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/61982/ look through our 25 man logs, find "Dracomaros". Yet to use the healing cloak, can give you an idea of the DPS contribution that the DPS cloak gives (not to mention, better stats on it).

I am going to take the DPS cloak for the substantial dps contribution. The healing gained isn't worth it to me, if I can bring an extra couple million to a boss fight. That could really make a difference during progression and it helps get adds down in a very add-heavy tier.

You can switch back and forth as you please, however.

I also am drowning in spirit, and the idea of more spirit is gross to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zosyn View Post
    I think that if you are a healer, you should use the healer cloak. Its not as BAD as everyone is claiming it to me. If you track the proc, you can really cheese it. And, if your atonement heals overheal why the clock proc is active it still will redistribute it.
    If your atonement overheals, that means absolutely no one has lost HP and the entire cloak proc is wasted anyway, because atonement is pure smart healing...

I've only seen 2-3% of healing coming from the healer cloak for Disc. And that was the absolute highest. Generally it's around 0.5%-1%.

I personally would rather bring more dps to my raid, but to each their own.

I'd love to see logs where you're getting a lot out of the cloak, it might change my mind.

Deleted
    I have the DPS cloak because i found the healing one to be bad.

Also, for cleave fights the DPS cloak absolutely owns anything else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zosyn View Post
    And, if your atonement heals overheal why the clock proc is active it still will redistribute it.
    If Atonement is overhealing, there's no one left to redistribute it to.

Use the DPS cloak until you reach a boss that requires your guild to do more HPS, then switch to the healing one for those fights. The SoO bosses are very Atonement friendly and not particularly hard to heal, so the DPS cloak is better most of the time. The only fight I use the healing one on at the moment is Malkorok since Atonement is pretty much useless on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    I've only seen 2-3% of healing coming from the healer cloak for Disc. And that was the absolute highest. Generally it's around 0.5%-1%.

I personally would rather bring more dps to my raid, but to each their own.
    You seem to be ignoring flat +5% to your healing when it procs, having what, 20%? uptime? the other part of the proc isnt wonderful, but i had 3.9% from it on iron juggernaut (hc 10man), which is quite decent.
    i guess it all depends whats required. if you sit out healer to take additional dps, then you may want to focus full on healing and have healing proc. if you sit out dps and take additional healer, then you may play round half-healer half-dps

Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    You seem to be ignoring flat +5% to your healing when it procs, having what, 20%? uptime? the other part of the proc isnt wonderful, but i had 3.9% from it on iron juggernaut (hc 10man), which is quite decent.
    i guess it all depends whats required. if you sit out healer to take additional dps, then you may want to focus full on healing and have healing proc. if you sit out dps and take additional healer, then you may play round half-healer half-dps
    5% healing on a 20% uptime (which is incredibly high, I might add, considering even the best geared discs with far too much haste isn't even at 1 PPM and it lasts 10 seconds) is 1% healing flat.
    Concidering how little spirit means to disc, you have to remember that you are going to be trading 600 spirit, your absolutely worst stat, for 600 crit, your absolutely best stat. This would probably be close to outweighting the benefit from the +healing% proc part of the cloak.

What Draco said.

I will have both cloaks on hand for Heroics (25m here). But really, I can't imagine that I'll be using it often. It absolutely owns for Holy though. That alone is worth keeping it around for.

I'm a big fan of two healing in 10m and 4-5 healing in 25m. I don't know what my guild will end up doing, but even if we go with 5 healers I'm still going to take the DPS cloak most fights, for the Crit alone.

I'll probably switch to the dps cloak once we are on farm, but Im using the healing cloak at the moment. Just reforge some haste to crit and the difference in stats isn't that major. Not to mention the proc increases absorbs, its still really nice for disc during progression.

I primarily run with DPS cloak, but keep the healing one in my inventory just in case.

At ~530ilvl, the DPS proc is ~10% of my damage, so it would be good to assess whether that extra damage will help push phases. If it does, then you can consider that "Damage Prevented" based on the boss mechanic. (Note that the number of situations where pushing phases to prevent damage is very little.)

The Healing Proc seems to average out 1% healing throughout a fight. That doesn't sound like much, but is actually very powerful when it procs when you need it.

Too bad that it's a random proc, so it will more often proc when you don't need it. Sure, I can burst people up to full faster, but when there's absolutely no penalty for healing them up to full 10 seconds later, you can consider it worthless, unless you have this massive itch you gotta scratch, and need to take care of it in the middle of the boss fight.

In a nutshell, if the Healing Proc was "On Use", I'd use it. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the bonus Crit from the DPS cloak.

Damage cloak did 7 million on Garrosh and has 1000 crit on it. The healing cloak is always like ~2% for me. Pretty clear choice.

Then again you can buy both now :P and try for yourself....7k will give you Heal or DPS (which ever you will choose and need later)

Thanks for all of the replies, will nab the dps one initially, might pick up the healing one for holy later or something.