Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Says the warrior that has forgotten where his/her disarm button is...
    There are classes other than warriors in Wow.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZehGeek View Post
    Heard Mortal Strike's still a thing too..or Stuns.
    But seirously though, if you aren't actively kiting them with dots going off or stunlocking with burst...a NS costs a Death Rune, so, that's half a potential DS. With the Vengence change in..4.2 I think..there wouldn't be any real AP to make the healing absorb any decent. If you're letting him loose, and not stunning, disarming, disorienating, fearing..even kiting around, then you're kind of not doing it right imo. If you don't let him hit you, you only have the burst heal(if he chooses it) or a 10% heal now and again..And a 5.1 change where the minimum DS healing isn't increased by PvP damage..You're only dealing with him doing 7% of his health(40% more if he does Vampiric Blood) IF he hits something.

    But even if it was like the change that completely makes them out of Arena..unless Blizzard splits PvP and PvE, Blood looses the ability to apply the casting debuff in PvE. Plus there's still some places where the absorb can be handy considering there's like atleast two fights in SoO with Healer Adds.
    After Baracuda came up with his suggestion I think removing NS from Blood may not be needed. As you say, I don't think Blizz would want Blood to lose the ability to cast NS in a PVE situation, and that's fine. Seeing as the Blood healing is a problem making Tanks suffer more from battle fatigue (in Arena only, mind you) is the most elegant solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Vengeance was actually changed to not trigger from player damage back in Cataclysm, around 4.1 or 4.2. That's why the other tank specs struggle in PvP, yet Blood DKs work due to their kit.
    Exactly.


    Edit: Is there anyway to edit the Title of my OP?
    Last edited by gestapo; 2013-09-30 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Edit: Is there anyway to edit the Title of my OP?

  2. #22
    The problem is fixing blood won't stop abuse of the arena tie break mechanic.

    Nerf blood and you get double rogue, double healer etc.

    It will NEVER end until they make it based on people killed and a true draw becomes a loss for both.

  3. #23
    No, dont do that, my freind and i do Dobbel Blood dk's in arena, it in wonderfull. we ended with 8-1, it is so damn fun, melee teams is a push over, teams with 1 dps and 1 healers, is also more or less a 100% win, even range team(hunter or casters) we won over, the only we lost to was 1 time aginst a amazing warrior and rogue, they had crasy damge beside that, we won 8 other times aginst different things. I think in total with my friends doing dobbel blood it is 20-4 win rate
    (i am 20 and dyslexic so yes i suck at spelling)

  4. #24
    The problem with 2s is unkillable healers, which is the reason why people do scummy things like roll double blood dk. I would guess a majority of those dks would rather be frost or unholy, but they simply can't in the current state of the game.

    2s has not awarded titles in quite some time and probably never will again. There is no reason to complain about it. It is a broken bracket.

    2s is for points, and points only.

  5. #25
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,697
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Is there anyway to edit the Title of my OP?
    I can change it for you if you want, just tell me what you want it changed into

  6. #26
    shouldnt any range combo completely destroy a boold dk team?
    just ignor/cc one while kiting the other?
    i mean i can kite a blood dk as a ret pala so a frostmage should do it with 1 eye closed and 1 hand behind is back

  7. #27
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    16,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    Tanks do not belong in Arenas.
    ...but why do healers?

    I find killing anything as a blood DK sooo slow (unless I can pull a gazillion mobs, but that doesn't apply since we talk arenas and pvp)...but apparently it works for some people..
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsod View Post
    shouldnt any range combo completely destroy a boold dk team?
    just ignor/cc one while kiting the other?
    i mean i can kite a blood dk as a ret pala so a frostmage should do it with 1 eye closed and 1 hand behind is back
    4 grips and chillblains makes kiting difficult.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    The problem is fixing blood won't stop abuse of the arena tie break mechanic.

    Nerf blood and you get double rogue, double healer etc.

    It will NEVER end until they make it based on people killed and a true draw becomes a loss for both.
    Yes, I know. But this thread was about the Blood plague (pun intended). I agree that the TCCY mechanic is dumb and there's a separate thread about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    No, dont do that, my freind and i do Dobbel Blood dk's in arena, it in wonderfull. we ended with 8-1, it is so damn fun, melee teams is a push over, teams with 1 dps and 1 healers, is also more or less a 100% win, even range team(hunter or casters) we won over, the only we lost to was 1 time aginst a amazing warrior and rogue, they had crasy damge beside that, we won 8 other times aginst different things. I think in total with my friends doing dobbel blood it is 20-4 win rate
    Exactly. This post is why teams like double blood shouldn't work and why Blizzard themselves are against it. It's just a matter of time. You're lauding over the fact that there's little to no counter to your comp because of broken mechanics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    The problem with 2s is unkillable healers, which is the reason why people do scummy things like roll double blood dk. I would guess a majority of those dks would rather be frost or unholy, but they simply can't in the current state of the game.

    2s has not awarded titles in quite some time and probably never will again. There is no reason to complain about it. It is a broken bracket.

    2s is for points, and points only.
    It may not award titles, but they're showing an interest. They said they want 2v2 to be competitive again and based on participation numbers 2v2 does matter if they want to maintain some degree of overall game participation. Healers are powerful but that's another story. That's no excuse to run double blood dk. And you would be surprised if you look around.

    People like the current rank 1 blood team actively enjoy trolling everyone with a broken comp. You're right that they can't play frost/unholy, but because they're bad at anything other an a comp that abuses a broken mechanic. Unholy is one of the best pvp classes right now and many people enjoy it. People that are playing blood are intentionally trolling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    I can change it for you if you want, just tell me what you want it changed into
    Perhaps the bolded text in my OP. I think that's more fitting.



    Quote Originally Posted by Bsod View Post
    shouldnt any range combo completely destroy a boold dk team?
    just ignor/cc one while kiting the other?
    i mean i can kite a blood dk as a ret pala so a frostmage should do it with 1 eye closed and 1 hand behind is back
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    4 grips and chillblains makes kiting difficult.
    Exactly. Even range doesn't have an easy time.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-09-30 at 03:10 PM.

  10. #30
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,243
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    No, dont do that, my freind and i do Dobbel Blood dk's in arena, it in wonderfull. we ended with 8-1, it is so damn fun, melee teams is a push over, teams with 1 dps and 1 healers, is also more or less a 100% win, even range team(hunter or casters) we won over, the only we lost to was 1 time aginst a amazing warrior and rogue, they had crasy damge beside that, we won 8 other times aginst different things. I think in total with my friends doing dobbel blood it is 20-4 win rate
    This post just shows this change is necessary :/
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  11. #31
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,194
    Just give them damage taken increase that they have in RBGs.
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

  12. #32
    Warchief Skorpionss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,167
    Haha I love it when scrubs QQ about Tanks finally being viable in arenas(even if it's just Blood Dk's) I mean how dare they play the class/spec they like in arena... blasphemy... If anything all heals should be removed from PVP. and I don't mean you take reduced healing.. I mean if the skill has a healing effect you can't use it, instead you can use it to deal damage to opponents.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-09-30 at 04:48 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Haha I love it when scrubs QQ about Tanks finally being viable in arenas(even if it's just Blood Dk's) I mean how dare they play the class/spec they like in arena... blasphemy... If anything all heals should be removed from PVP. and I don't mean you take reduced healing.. I mean if the skill has a healing effect you can't use it, instead you can use it to deal damage to opponents.
    This is the problem with WoW. When they make every spec viable in arena, you can't balance a game. 33 Specs, each doing something different makes this task impossible. Yeah it sucked when you couldn't play a certain spec in PvP because it sucked, but at least the game was easier to balance.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Haha I love it when scrubs QQ about Tanks finally being viable in arenas(even if it's just Blood Dk's) I mean how dare they play the class/spec they like in arena... blasphemy... If anything all heals should be removed from PVP. and I don't mean you take reduced healing.. I mean if the skill has a healing effect you can't use it, instead you can use it to deal damage to opponents.
    That's cool. All Blood DK healing abilities no longer heal. Warrior second wind no longer heals. Maybe for each tick instead of the heal it could also just say "LOL" so that appears over the players head at 35%.

    Blizzard should hire this man!

  15. #35
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Haha I love it when scrubs QQ about Tanks finally being viable in arenas(even if it's just Blood Dk's) I mean how dare they play the class/spec they like in arena... blasphemy... If anything all heals should be removed from PVP. and I don't mean you take reduced healing.. I mean if the skill has a healing effect you can't use it, instead you can use it to deal damage to opponents.
    Lol, saying tanks are finally viable and then saying well... just blood DKs. They were viable back when vengeance worked (OP) now they're just annoying pricks wasting everyone's time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  16. #36
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,697
    Lets not start trolling, okay?

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    No, dont do that, my freind and i do Dobbel Blood dk's in arena, it in wonderfull. we ended with 8-1, it is so damn fun, melee teams is a push over, teams with 1 dps and 1 healers, is also more or less a 100% win, even range team(hunter or casters) we won over, the only we lost to was 1 time aginst a amazing warrior and rogue, they had crasy damge beside that, we won 8 other times aginst different things. I think in total with my friends doing dobbel blood it is 20-4 win rate
    This is exactly the reason why battle fatigue should be increased for tanks...

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    Lets not start trolling, okay?
    Yes, please don't troll in my thread or Nicola will wreak cute kitty vengeance upon thee! I wish you guys could actually smack people as part of an infraction. Hehe.

    Hope you realize that also counts for you
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-09-30 at 08:00 PM.

  19. #39
    The easy solution that does not involve "nerfing" anyone is for the game to match comps more intelligently. By this, I mean that if you roll dps/healer you will ONLY face other dps/healer teams. If you roll tank/tank or dps/tank you will face other teams of similar spec.

    This would motivate people to stop rolling heals if they know they'll only fight teams with heal/dps due to the matches always taking a long time...but if they REALLY wanted to they still could enter as heals or tank, so you are not taking away their choice to do so. Imagine 2v2 where both teams are double blood DK...that would get old fast.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    The easy solution that does not involve "nerfing" anyone is for the game to match comps more intelligently. By this, I mean that if you roll dps/healer you will ONLY face other dps/healer teams. If you roll tank/tank or dps/tank you will face other teams of similar spec.

    This would motivate people to stop rolling heals if they know they'll only fight teams with heal/dps due to the matches always taking a long time...but if they REALLY wanted to they still could enter as heals or tank, so you are not taking away their choice to do so. Imagine 2v2 where both teams are double blood DK...that would get old fast.
    This sounds like a determent to player queues.

    Additionally, this is almost like a penalty for rolling healer/dps, which has been a staple (rogue/priest) since season one. It's not the fact that players want to play healers or tanks, its the fact that Blizzard can't balance this game because of the amount of crap they have going on. 33 specs to balance around both PvP and PvE, it's enough to drive one insane.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •