Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    The problem is fixing blood won't stop abuse of the arena tie break mechanic.

Nerf blood and you get double rogue, double healer etc.

It will NEVER end until they make it based on people killed and a true draw becomes a loss for both.
    Double healer won't be able to do any damage to meet the criteria for TCCY. Double stealthers would have to get every sight buff to not get detected, and smart teams will know that and camp nearby those.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Good suggestion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Haha I love it when scrubs QQ about Tanks finally being viable in arenas(even if it's just Blood Dk's) I mean how dare they play the class/spec they like in arena... blasphemy... If anything all heals should be removed from PVP. and I don't mean you take reduced healing.. I mean if the skill has a healing effect you can't use it, instead you can use it to deal damage to opponents.
    I am agree lets just all healing get removed from the arena

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    Unfounded fear. All classes have viable DPS specs. People may whine about it but they would suck it up, or play 3s / rated bgs. 2v2 really should be DPS-only.

Of course rogue/priest is a "staple" because it's so OP...and nobody is saying you can't queue as rogue/priest - but if you do, you will fight other healer/dps teams only. What's wrong with that? Are you saying you rely on an OP comp to win?

Obviously, blizzard felt that arena matches were dragging out too long due to healers and/or tank specs being so difficult to kill with so few DPS. They added this "crowd chooses you" debuff which is basically a penalty for playing a squishy class with no strong defensive CD - like my enhancement shaman. It's a bandaid that does not address the root problem - healers, and to a lesser degree, tanks do not belong on 2v2 arena.

Since everyone has the option to gear and roll DPS regardless of the spec they play, nobody would be alienated from 2v2 and they could get rid of that debuff.
    I actually play with my S.Priest friend in 2s, which is hardly OP and according to the forums probably one of the worst classes in 2s. So no, I don't rely on anyone to win and I usually just leave arenas when I see double Blood DKs join because it's a stupid comp where no one dies for 15 minutes.

But, having slept on what I said before, I wouldn't mind seeing similar teams queue in 2s (ie dps/dps tank/tank tank/healer healer/dps). As far as I remember Blizzard hasn't changed their stance that 2s are impossible to balance therefore aren't looked at. I'm good with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    I am agree lets just all healing get removed from the arena
    Except then you just get the classes/teams with the biggest burst who win, losing all thought of strategy. This game in its current state is already struggling to keep PvP fresh and innovative, removing all healing would make it worse.

I just remember when Blizzard said they didn't want to see the crazy burst like in Cata... expect now it's even worse.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    I actually play with my S.Priest friend in 2s, which is hardly OP and according to the forums probably one of the worst classes in 2s. So no, I don't rely on anyone to win and I usually just leave arenas when I see double Blood DKs join because it's a stupid comp where no one dies for 15 minutes.

But, having slept on what I said before, I wouldn't mind seeing similar teams queue in 2s (ie dps/dps tank/tank tank/healer healer/dps). As far as I remember Blizzard hasn't changed their stance that 2s are impossible to balance therefore aren't looked at. I'm good with that.
    Yeah, rogue/disc priest was the comp that posed a problem; shadow priests are actually pretty good with enhance sham in my experience.

Except then you just get the classes/teams with the biggest burst who win, losing all thought of strategy. This game in its current state is already struggling to keep PvP fresh and innovative, removing all healing would make it worse.

I just remember when Blizzard said they didn't want to see the crazy burst like in Cata... expect now it's even worse.
    Yeah I wouldn't want healing removed entirely; self-heals are fine since they cannot be spammed to keep someone up and are only supplemental. I didn't say I'd like heals or tanks banned from 2v2 arena; all I suggested is that if you want to do 2v2 and choose a healing spec or tank spec, you will only face other teams with healing or tanking specs as part of their comp.

If healing is a problem in 2v2 maybe a BF increase overall in just 2v2?

Yeah it would be nice if they were open to tweaking battle fatigue and even base resilience in different arena brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    If healing is a problem in 2v2 maybe a BF increase overall in just 2v2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulkus View Post
    Yeah it would be nice if they were open to tweaking battle fatigue and even base resilience in different arena brackets.
    I think the reason they don't is to maintain some sort of consistency in gameplay experience. There's already a huge disconnected between the pvp and pve elements of this game. That's what they said when asked why they won't just make two distinct sets of spells and abilities for pvp and pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    i remember back in cata beta when they upped average health from like 90k to 120k so burst wasnt as bad. i remember fury warriors were the dominate bursters with like a 4s burst window. now the majority can burst in 4s. the range now is like 7s to 2s which is just awful.