Thread: BM/SV questions

  1. #1

    BM/SV questions

    Hello, I'm an ilvl 556 BM/SV hunter and I only really started raiding in the last couple of patches. I'm a little confused with the 5.4 changes as I hear many contradicting things from various places. I was wondering what the stat priority for BM/SV is now in 5.4 (with a HC TF renataki's and an assurance of consequence) and which talents are best for level 75 and level 60? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    I'm currently going with crit > haste > mastery and use dire beast/blink strikes but I've seen a lot of people go haste > crit > mastery and have different talents to me.

    I also have the tier 16 2 set bonus
    Last edited by Yopok; 2013-09-29 at 04:26 PM.

  2. #2
    SV: Crit > Mastery = Haste
    BM: Crit = Mastery > Haste

    With the T16 2set you'll likely want to use ToTH too.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-09-29 at 05:12 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    SV: Crit < Mastery = Haste
    BM: Crit = Mastery < Haste

    With the T16 2set you'll likely want to use ToTH too.
    I think you're confusing greater than and less than. Pretty certain Mastery is the worst stat for both specs too, especially for BM, and especially during aoe encounters.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    I think you're confusing greater than and less than. Pretty certain Mastery is the worst stat for both specs too, especially for BM, and especially during aoe encounters.
    I got them the wrong way around, edited my post to clarify. Mastery equal with Crit for BM depending on your gear.

    www.simulationcraft.org

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I got them the wrong way around, edited my post to clarify. Mastery equal with Crit for BM depending on your gear.

    www.simulationcraft.org
    Although I haven't simmed anything, I am yet to see one of the top hunters going for mastery over haste. I assume these statistics are for people with a lower standard of gear then? First I've heard about Mastery beating out haste.

  6. #6
    Dreadlord Supakaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Emerald Dream
    Posts
    755
    Yeah I've never heard of mastery > haste or mastery = crit at all this tier (or any tier for a long time).

    I'm currently BM (558 ilevel) going crit > haste >>>> mastery and I'm getting some top parses.

    WoW Progress
    World of Logs parses

  7. #7
    Mastery is not = to anything anymore last tier it got close to haste until the meta gem and RPPM trinket BiS's But to answer the main question of the thread both specs Crit > Haste > Mastery.
    Until you get 2 set use Dire Beast and blink strikes but after you get 2 set you want to use fervor and still blink strikes. Don't use TotH lol that guy doesn't seem to know which way is up. If you do any quick math on it you get more focus out of Fervor than any of the other talents. more focus = more Rapid fires with 2 set On fights like garrosh maybe TotH is ok but idk i still just use Fervor.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambithepatient View Post
    Mastery is not = to anything anymore last tier it got close to haste until the meta gem and RPPM trinket BiS's But to answer the main question of the thread both specs Crit > Haste > Mastery.
    Until you get 2 set use Dire Beast and blink strikes but after you get 2 set you want to use fervor and still blink strikes. Don't use TotH lol that guy doesn't seem to know which way is up. If you do any quick math on it you get more focus out of Fervor than any of the other talents. more focus = more Rapid fires with 2 set On fights like garrosh maybe TotH is ok but idk i still just use Fervor.
    Are you not forgetting that with ToTH you get close to free AS' which reduces your RF faster than Fervor? The whole ToTH or not discussion is very mixed, a lot of people saying ToTH is the way to go, even more saying DB / Fervor is the way to go. I for one go for ToTH as it's 1 less ability for me to press, allowing me to focus more on other stuff.

  9. #9
    herp many bads here

  10. #10
    Youd still need to sim your own gear, but for what its worth I can share my own choices and experiences on fervor/DB/ToTH.

    Without 2-set for BM I saw a loss going from DB to TotH. With 2-set I saw a massive increase. (the crazy rapid fire uptime with wild hunt uptime just makes your dps go crazy)
    Fervor for BM can be very good , and might actually give higher potential. But its very skill dependant. If you cant handle using it correctly youll lose dps.
    For SV ToTH was already really good. You might be able to get superior results depending on the fight with fervor.

    Currently going haste>crit>mastery for both specs. But sim-wise and results wise it seems that crit~=haste~= mastery for BM.Once you raise any of the 3 the others raise in value. So im going crit>haste>mastery so both specs can be used without reforging/gemming.
    Last edited by kherber; 2013-09-30 at 02:53 AM.

  11. #11
    mastery mainstat you must be a troll mait!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Businesstm View Post
    mastery mainstat you must be a troll mait!
    Quote Originally Posted by Businesstm View Post
    herp many bads here
    Considering your current post history you're not off to a good start. If you want to make comments about something then please by all means back it up with some information.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •