Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    ive noticed ever since thrall didnt become warchief again trassk has done nothing but complain about blizzard when before he would openly defend them.

guess you only care when you think your favorite character is going to become mister shiny again
    oh grow up, try and post something related to a debate.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I wouldn't be saying this, if it wasn't being said by countless other people. Don't presume I'm the only one annoyed with this just because I'm willing to discuss it.

As warcraft has aged (I'll say aged, not grown, they lost near half the playerbase already), they've put more things into the game to make money from the players, infact they now have twice as many things that bleeds money from the playerbase then what they did years before.

And I think its pretty obvious why. minus several million players from paying for a money subscription fee from the licence, and you are millions of dollars and whatever other currency it is down. So, they made other means of making money from the existing playerbase, well trying to make it seem everythings hunky dory.

Its not nonsense when you've been playing the game for years and seen it happening.
    They aren't bleeding the players. Having an option available isn't gouging the player base, unless you're implying the playerbase is more than willing and stupid to literally jump on Blizzards knives so they can willingly be bled.

The option to buy kitten pets for 15$ does not offend me, as I choose not to buy it. I pay for the sub only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    I fully agree. It's gotten to the point where unless the next expansion to be revealed is something insanely awesome I'm probably gonna pull the plug. Shit's getting too expensive when all I really do anymore is raid on the weekends.
    Gotten too expensive? The sub price hasn't ever changed...how has it possibly gotten more expensive? If you're paying for optional features like a race change or a server transfer that's on you. Your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    So about all the mounts and pets added as rewards for raid achievements or tournaments or collecting is totally stuff you have to pay for? This is news to me.
    Those pets and mounts are a lot less fancy then the Blizzard Store ones. They are just basic models with maybe a new armor tint, while the Store ones often have a complete new skin

ive noticed ever since thrall didnt become warchief again trassk has done nothing but complain about blizzard when before he would openly defend them.

guess you only care when you think your favorite character is going to become mister shiny again
    Omg this is an unfair post, but I nearly choked on my water LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    They aren't bleeding the players. Having an option available isn't gouging the player base, unless you're implying the playerbase is more than willing and stupid to literally jump on Blizzards knives so they can willingly be bled.

The option to buy kitten pets for 15$ does not offend me, as I choose not to buy it. I pay for the sub only.
    Exactly.

I pay to access their servers.

They decide to sell vanity stuff that in NO WAY effects what I do in game, why should I give a shit?

I'll buy what I want and play how I want. Same goes for anyone else in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

How has the price increased for you? Or do you mean 15$ isn't worth it at all?
    Yeah, the not worth it thing.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Ok, first off, for all you blizzard fans out there who will defend blizzard even if they were eating kittens, I'll politely ask you to leave the room, because this could be something of a wake up call for you.
    Oh. What a way to start a thread, by verbally attacking people who might disagree with you.

Well, no need to read the rest of your post! Your bias is dripping from you already.

I have no interest reading strawman slippery slope arguments. I'll 'wake up' when any of the things doomsaid by people actually happen. The same people who also ignore this basic fact: the subscription for WoW has NEVER RISEN since launch. Blizzard sure are greedy when they don't even adjust for inflation, amirite?

Pet store? Optional. Mounts? Optional. Character transfers? Optional. Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Those pets and mounts are a lot less fancy then the Blizzard Store ones. They are just basic models with maybe a new armor tint, while the Store ones often have a complete new skin
    They have offered some neat ones in the store, it's true, but I feel they've offered plenty of awesome mounts in-game. Ragnaros' mount comes to mind. That thing is fucking cool.

Omg this is an unfair post, but I nearly choked on my water LOL!
    It is an accurate post, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    A few years ago, if you even suggested that Blizzard would sell gear you would be laughed out the room. The problem with Blizzards slippery slope is the further they fall the faster it goes.

I would love to believe that the microtransactions will stop, but that would be incredibly naive. I just hope they become less intrusive and exclusive.
    They're still not selling gear...

10+ Year Old Account
    They have offered some neat ones in the store, it's true, but I feel they've offered plenty of awesome mounts in-game. Ragnaros' mount comes to mind. That thing is fucking cool.
    Agreed, that was the literal only worthwhile aspect of Cata, the Pureblood Fire Hawk, and I'm glad I got one. Although, I really enjoyed Firelands itself, especially H Rag.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're still not selling gear...
    I think he means the mog helmets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    I think he means the mog helmets.
    That's still not gear. That's vanity items that you don't have to buy and they have so few applications in transmog sets that I'm not surprised they didn't make more. I consider them to be a failure, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    A few years ago, if you even suggested that Blizzard would sell gear you would be laughed out the room. The problem with Blizzards slippery slope is the further they fall the faster it goes.

I would love to believe that the microtransactions will stop, but that would be incredibly naive. I just hope they become less intrusive and exclusive.
    Transmog stuff isn't gear IMO.

For all I care they can sell an armor set that makes you look like Cthulu and I still wouldn't consider it gear.

Gear is stuff that makes my character hit harder, heal harder, and live longer.

Sure, they may add more stuff, but they are NEVER going to add sell gear with stats. They are NEVER going to sell raids unless the game somehow goes F2P.

Once more, I stick by my main point:

Everyone is over reacting.

OH, BY THE WAY, RIDDLE ME THIS!

If they're on this slippery slope, why didn't they put the Dark Shaman Armor Set in the cash shop when they easily could've.

It's likely this. Move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people have a problem with microtransactions there is a simple solution, don't pay for any.

The only time anyone's pissing and moaning will hold weight is if Blizzard actually starts selling gold and/or gear you can actually use in PVE/PVP that has stats, then it will be an issue.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

OH, BY THE WAY, RIDDLE ME THIS!

If they're on this slippery slope, why didn't they put the Dark Shaman Armor Set in the cash shop when they easily could've.

because its for one class type only, and blizzard figures if they can make armor that everyone can use, like the helmets, then they can get everyone buying them.
    #boycottchina

If only Blizzard would atleast let everyone know the money earned from the Store will only be used to improve WoW, I wouldn't look down upon it so much. But I wouldn't be suprised for a second if they just put it in their own pockets.

Ofcourse it doesn't affect you much if you don't care about the vanity items, if other people buy them if doesn't make them stronger then you or anything. But their resources still went to stuff that could've been obtainable in game, giving their playerbase atleast something very cool to do.

because its for one class type only, and blizzard figures if they can make armor that everyone can use, like the helmets, then they can get everyone buying them.
    That's not an excuse.

They could've easily done these two things:

1. Made the gear for ANY class.

2. Sold it specifically for Shamans.

Do you have an actual reason or is that it?