Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Destruction Opener?

I know that destruction has a terrible opener because of the way burning embers interact. I'm wondering what you guys do to start off building up that ember while using Cds at the start of a pull.

Edit: My armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alism/advanced

Woosh seems to proc at the start along with my bindings. Seems like the best time to have up all my cds and use chaos as much as I can. However; I'll be lacking a lot of embers. Most likely only getting a max of 2 chaos bolts in with all trinks up.
    Last edited by Duracells; 2013-09-29 at 06:38 PM.

prepot + curse, then immolate then 2 conflag then pop all cds 4 incenerates 2 chaos bolts

thne you do your normal rotation. dont expect you will ever beat hunters and warrs in burst

what about cds, pop when casting chaos bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by Duracells View Post
    what about cds, pop when casting chaos bolts?
    I pop all cds after the 2 conflags where the 4 incenerates will benefit from my buffs and then 2 choas bolts. Then keep immolate up incinerates+conflag . and only use chaos bolts when you have big buffs

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your trinkets. If you have trinkets that last a long way like Wush and Bindings, open with prepot and curse, Immolate, CDs (dark soul, racials etc), Conflagrate x2, Incinerate x4, Chaos Bolt x2, that should be just in time till the trinkets end, then refresh Immolate to get the crit buff from Dark Soul. It is important to not let Chaos Bolt eat Backdraft stacks. I don't think it's worth it, even if you cast a Chaos Bolt with no trinkets up. If trinkets don't last long, cast 1 Conflagrate and 1 Incinerate instead of 2 and 4.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2013-09-29 at 07:19 PM.

I personally found it best to start with prepot, immo, both conflags, incin until 2 backdraft, CD's, CB CB etc.

You can experiment with different combinations to see which gives best results.

Also, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-guide has good pointers to take from, listed at the top as a sticky.

Deleted
    Without T15 2-set the starting rotation is extremely tight with 10s trinkets like wusho. With prepot+DS, pre-cast immo, 2xconf,3xinci and 2xCB you barely manage to cast the 2nd CB(it will be like 0.2s remaining when it finishes the cast). And that isn't even 100% guaranteed opener since if none of the casts before CB's crit you will be 1-2embers short. That is all done without legendary meta and without t15 2-set. With that set, it's of course alot easier

Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    prepot + curse, then immolate then 2 conflag then pop all cds 4 incenerates 2 chaos bolts

thne you do your normal rotation. dont expect you will ever beat hunters and warrs in burst
    Yeah this is pretty much what I do, I've found it to give the most consistently high burst. One of my trinkets is still a 10 second duration (Cha-Ye's) so I'm not above burning a backdraft stack on chaos bolt if I need to, but most of the time it's not necessary with the LMG proc active.

Deleted
    imo you shoul pop your DS right after you pre pot and curse. Then you will benefit from the extra crit, thus helping you build embers faster in the opener

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wzrdy View Post
    I personally found it best to start with prepot, immo, both conflags, incin until 2 backdraft, CD's, CB CB etc.
    That's what I do as well. Never actually tested or asked around if it was the most effective but it just seemed like the right thing to me. Though CDs can also be used before the incinerates to get embers faster, but it depends on the fight. On bosses it doesn't matter.

I've changed trinket combos quite a bit the past two weeks and I think the pull is totally dependent on trinket combo.

Whoosh is probably the trickiest but very rewarding.

I won't even talk about UVLS.

Toxic and Bindings are easy and GREAT!

When I rolled Whoosh I would disregard my rule about not using 3 Backdrafts on a CB. If I could get a Havoc CB off under optimal trinket, Skullbanner (why can't warriors count?) DS, Pre pot, ect. by using the 3 charges I would. I'm a scrub though so take it with a grain of salt.

Deleted
    I'm using Bindings and KTT, so I'm currently using prepot > precast immolate > conflag > Dark Soul > Incin x 2 > Chaos Bolt > Incin x 2 > Chaos Bolt > Immolate then back to normal rotation. reason for mixing it up is the low proc time on KTT, I like to get at least 1 CB out with max procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    imo you shoul pop your DS right after you pre pot and curse. Then you will benefit from the extra crit, thus helping you build embers faster in the opener
    it´s a bit depending on critluck.
    on the one side, if you pull DS before using conflagrate, it´ll get the 30% additional crit and therefore getting a higher chance of triggering the t16 2p plus t16 4p, which will also buff your incinerates critrate, but on the other side you´ll lose the half DS uptime on casting incinerates.
    ATM I´m going with prepot, curse, immolate, conflag, incinerate till stacks are gone or proccs are up, sec. conflag with more proccs up, incinerate until under 3 backdraft, chaosbolt with usually all proccs up. that way I´m casting 4-5 Chaosbolts during first DS.
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2013-09-30 at 09:33 AM.

Always precast Immolate and put curse up if needed, pop DS and throw out a conflag followed by an Incinerate and take it from there. If a trinket has proced but not LMG I cast a Chaos Bolt. If LMG has proced I put up RoF and do another Conflag to spam Incinerates until out of backdrafts while keeping RoF up. I might also refresh Immolate while LMG is up. After this I always make sure to get at least 3 Chaos Bolts out while DS is still active. If needed I even use Backdraft stacks at the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardi View Post
    Without T15 2-set the starting rotation is extremely tight with 10s trinkets like wusho. With prepot+DS, pre-cast immo, 2xconf,3xinci and 2xCB you barely manage to cast the 2nd CB(it will be like 0.2s remaining when it finishes the cast). And that isn't even 100% guaranteed opener since if none of the casts before CB's crit you will be 1-2embers short. That is all done without legendary meta and without t15 2-set. With that set, it's of course alot easier
    QFT.

I'm not using the legendary meta gem but do still have 2pc T15 (and no t16 qq).

My opener is prepot - precast incinerate - precast immolate (incinerate in the air) - Dark Soul - 2x Conflag - 3 incinerates - 2x chaos bolt

Without the meta gem I begin casting my first chaos bolt with wush at 6 stacks, and thus I need the haste from a backdrafted chaos bolt in order to squeeze the second one off in time. This is without a blood lusted pull, of course.

I like to double precast as you can make incinerate and immolate hit and almost exactly the same time, and can be the extra ember bit or two that you need.

I love my 10 second trinkets as affliction, not so much as destro for the opener. For the rest of the fight though, almost every chaos bolt can be cast with some sort of proc up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Always precast Immolate and put curse up if needed, pop DS and throw out a conflag followed by an Incinerate and take it from there. If a trinket has proced but not LMG I cast a Chaos Bolt. If LMG has proced I put up RoF and do another Conflag to spam Incinerates until out of backdrafts while keeping RoF up. I might also refresh Immolate while LMG is up. After this I always make sure to get at least 3 Chaos Bolts out while DS is still active. If needed I even use Backdraft stacks at the end.

You still use RoF in your single target rotation???
    I thought that was out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    During LMG procs and BL I do. I have done 0 theorycrafting on Destro this patch since I thought the spec would be dead on single target so please fill me in if it's been proven to not be worth it . On pull especially I thought it be would be worth it since we want more embers asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    During LMG procs and BL I do. I have done 0 theorycrafting on Destro this patch since I thought the spec would be dead on single target so please fill me in if it's been proven to not be worth it . On pull especially I thought it be would be worth it since we want more embers asap.
    Unless you have both lust and LMG(or are geared haste, which is suboptimal) RoF isn't worth it since it doesn't provide enough embers with the nerf to RoF Ember Generation in 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Rain of Fire is still good to use in high-haste situations, like LMG procs or Lust/Hero/TimeWarp. It's not huge, but the haste scaling from those effects puts it back into "good for single target" range again. This is considering that I have the 13157 haste breakpoint from my Affliction gems & reforging.

If you're running with low haste, you may want to hold off until both occur.
    Last edited by Alaira; 2013-09-30 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    As many have said: prepot - precast Immolate - Curse as Immolate lands - 2xConflagrate - 4xIncinerate
    With 20s trinkets(Yu'Lon's/Bindings atm) I always pop DS right as the first one procs. It usually gives me one more CB during the proc duration just because of the crit embers, if I pop it before the CBs, I'm often a few emberbits short.
    With UVLS I only used one Conflagrate charge and hoped for a proc with the 3 Incinerates after it, if it procs on the second Conflagrate charge, I'd use the backdraft stacks with CB just to have at least one get out with the 100% crit. I hate that trinket tho, avoid it, it'll annoy you and the CBs with Bindings+Yu'Lon's proc are just as strong(1.03M YB+PBOI vs 1.12M UVLS+PBOI which don't line up that often)