Thread: Resi change

10+ Year Old Account

Resi change

Anyone else find it annyoing? as a ret i do shit dmg with full tyrannical + some grievious, i shouldn`t just be doing 16k on cloth with Templar`s verdict, anyone else noticed how drastic the dmg has been lowered? i think 72% is a bit too much, i really enjoy pvp but right now i want to cry over how bad my dmg has become. Also the increase to battle fatigue realy hurts my selfheal, wich is the closest to defence we have, (i dont like to count in bubble mainly because all we can do in bubble is heal ourselves and give the opponent a chance to escape or stealth or just go for my arena mate.)
    Last edited by Demsi; 2013-09-29 at 07:27 PM.

I question if you actually have full tyrannical if your templar's verdict only hits 16k on a cloth.

Maybe link your armory so we can see what you're doing wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I have to agree they may have turned the survivability button up a LITTLE too high but a Ret Pally really shouldn't feel THAT bad. Sure you most likely can't global anyone who is wearing gear and setting up a kill requires a bit of teamwork, but at least you can kill things 'fairly' easily. Go and try out the new Icicle mastery, THAT is an intuitive way to deal LOTS of damage, /end sarcasm.

I'm not calling you bad and i am not trying to discourage you, as i have stated in my first sentence, they did turn the resil button up a little too high. I would imagine that even Unh DKs and any other class that did and do a ton of damage can feel the same resil changes that we all (obviously) know took place. It will last for the remainder of the pvp season and then they will most likely 'overhaul' resilience and possibly their entire PvP model for the game, again. One last thing to note is that the 72% damage reduction is being felt most by players who are in full s13 Tyr with some Grievous pieces, let us wait until the majority of players are in full grievous gear. Who knows, maybe it will play a bit different, one can only hope. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Demsi/simple

Armory link, its more accurate to say that i only do 16k on plate, however for a finisher that is quite weak.

15+ Year Old Account
    Possibly full cloth + Inner Fire glyph (lol!) + Pain Suppression?

Ret paladins weren't singled out or anything. A lot of damage classes feel like they have very slow throughput in pvp right now, and most healers feel weak relative to the stronger damage classes. Once people are wearing the new gear, damage relative to healthpools (i.e. burst) should be quite a bit higher. I also expect healing will scale up more than damage will, since resilience is so much stronger than battle fatigue.

In the meantime, although it might not make a huge difference, your character can definitely be better optimized. Let me preface this by saying I don't mean to be condescending or anything; I'm just assuming you don't know this based on the state of your character. I've given you links to the item names so they're easier to find ingame. Your cloak has a stamina enchant instead of crit, and your shoulders, bracers, belt, legs, and boots are all missing their enchants. In addition, most of your gems are also non-optimal or missing. For your meta, you should probably be using a reverberating primal diamond. Spell reflect is nice when it happens, but it's so rare that you can't rely on it. Throughput is better. You're using a few full resil gems in yellow sockets, which I believe you should change to str/haste. Also put one of these in your empty boots socket. Change your gloves' full pvp power gem to str/power, as well as the empty socket in your belt. Lastly, you'd want to put full strength gems into your legs' red socket and belt's enchant socket.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    its everyone not just you. and with the huge ilvl jump in grevious, the base resil change was needed. by the time everyone is full grevious you will be complaining about people one shotting you. trust me.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Ret paladins weren't singled out or anything. A lot of damage classes feel like they have very slow throughput in pvp right now, and most healers feel weak relative to the stronger damage classes. Once people are wearing the new gear, damage relative to healthpools (i.e. burst) should be quite a bit higher. I also expect healing will scale up more than damage will, since resilience is so much stronger than battle fatigue.

In the meantime, although it might not make a huge difference, your character can definitely be better optimized. Let me preface this by saying I don't mean to be condescending or anything; I'm just assuming you don't know this based on the state of your character. I've given you links to the item names so they're easier to find ingame. Your cloak has a stamina enchant instead of crit, and your shoulders, bracers, belt, legs, and boots are all missing their enchants. In addition, most of your gems are also non-optimal or missing. For your meta, you should probably be using a reverberating primal diamond. Spell reflect is nice when it happens, but it's so rare that you can't rely on it. Throughput is better. You're using a few full resil gems in yellow sockets, which I believe you should change to str/haste. Also put one of these in your empty boots socket. Change your gloves' full pvp power gem to str/power, as well as the empty socket in your belt. Lastly, you'd want to put full strength gems into your legs' red socket and belt's enchant socket.
    See this is the advice I meant you could get from posting armory, and yes getting grievious gear will help your damage too. Oh and you forgot reforging.

Btw same server xD Can also add that Holy Prism seems to be the popular final tier talent choice atm and Templar's Verdict, Burden of Guilt and Double Jeopardy as major glyphs (Can change Double Jeopardy if you really prefer something else).
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    hi,

As mentioned before, you need to enchant and gem your gear.
    Also, retri's are better with haste now.

If you want examples then you can look at:
    my ret : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ooloo/advanced
    another ret I found : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lezio/advanced

In all honesty , In my opinion the resi changes are a good thing, but sadly right now there are classes that outperform others, take in 3v3 for example, there are still comps that do insane amount of burst even with 72% it is very close to being what it was last patch, I'm somewhat afraid that with grievous gear the burst will go back to being stronger than it was before, if the damage reduction affected all classes equal, albeit having no classes that seem to outperform others would bring about better balance with a slower paced environment imo.

The way you feel about Ret atm is justified simply because other classes can still do huge amounts of burst or high constant pressure while rets dont, which is by no means fair, but does not justify that other subparr classes should be boosted up to the lvl of these outperforming classes, instead these so called very strong classes should be brought down to the same lvl playing field as everyone else , which should result in a slower paced gameplay the way blizzard had intended, it would be slow and grievous would increase it a tad, but not the way it is headed now tbh, I can only foresee immense burst with grievous gear once more sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Demsi/simple

Armory link, its more accurate to say that i only do 16k on plate, however for a finisher that is quite weak.
    enchant..... reforge... gem....

on of the best rets out there :P

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uards/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Ret paladins weren't singled out or anything. A lot of damage classes feel like they have very slow throughput in pvp right now, and most healers feel weak relative to the stronger damage classes.
    Precisely. It's hilarious to see my Chimera Shot hit for over 300k, sometimes close to 400k in PVE, and then hit between 15k-30k on PVP players.