Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    True, but I'm not talking about balance. I'm talking about build variety and build depth. Classes need more build variety, which is something that the Oct 15 patch is looking to work on. Build depth is another thing that should be looked at, mostly with the Trait system, replacing "+5% damage" nodes with more interesting nodes. Both variety and depth allow for more interesting characters which can then lead to more fun characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Why do you say this?
    I mean that they don't have a large, meaty chunk of content ready to release, and they don't have expansion-like stuff that expands the world such as new areas, races or professions ready. It also doesn't seem like they will be ready to have that sort of content anytime soon. Colin was talking about there being new skills or traits, but the company has even backed off that claim as of recently.

I think that right now is a point and time where the players who were there at launch are really starting to wear thin on the current world. I think there are also a sizable group of players just waiting around for an "expansion" or a new zone to come back to. ANet could be in danger of the players getting game fatigue. The spvp community is dwindling away, the WvW community is angry enough that it's contemplating following suit, and its really just the PVE community maintaining player retention. So if the PVE community starts tiring of the busy-work because 'the next big thing' for the game is like 6 months away, then the game could see its first real major player drop since November.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    I mean that they don't have a large, meaty chunk of content ready to release, and they don't have expansion-like stuff that expands the world such as new areas, races or professions ready. It also doesn't seem like they will be ready to have that sort of content anytime soon. Colin was talking about there being new skills or traits, but the company has even backed off that claim as of recently.

I think that right now is a point and time where the players who were there at launch are really starting to wear thin on the current world. I think there are also a sizable group of players just waiting around for an "expansion" or a new zone to come back to. ANet could be in danger of the players getting game fatigue. The spvp community is dwindling away, the WvW community is angry enough that it's contemplating following suit, and its really just the PVE community maintaining player retention. So if the PVE community starts tiring of the busy-work because 'the next big thing' for the game is like 6 months away, then the game could see its first real major player drop since November.
    Your entire second paragraph is extremely understated.

Colin was talking about there being new skills or traits, but the company has even backed off that claim as of recently.
    What? That was recently talked about last PAX which was a month ago?

I think there are also a sizable group of players just waiting around for an "expansion" or a new zone to come back to.
    Nobody goes to Southsun cove so I don't think a new zone will do anything positive.

ANet could be in danger of the players getting game fatigue. The spvp community is dwindling away, the WvW community is angry enough that it's contemplating following suit, and its really just the PVE community maintaining player retention. So if the PVE community starts tiring of the busy-work because 'the next big thing' for the game is like 6 months away, then the game could see its first real major player drop since November.
    This statement is.... vague and can't ever be proven :l

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Nobody goes to Southsun cove so I don't think a new zone will do anything positive.
    I think they're still trying to figure out what makes a good zone, and what kind events players enjoy that aren't directly tied to a specific reward.

well it's pretty easy to figure out what the masses will do, they'll go for the greatest reward to least amount of effort ratio

places like Orr and Southsun require a lot more effort and folks generally don't like that (I didn't say difficulty, I said effort)

They could up the rewards there, and that might be enough incentive but it's a fine line between not enough and too much

I think an evolution of the Ritualist would be a good pick. Some new tradition started in Cantha by the humanocentric Emperor, well-armored soldiers who call upon the spirits to aid them in battle, either with the channeling of various ashes of famous ancestors(think Engineer kits), or summoning up specific spirits to aid them a'la the classic Ritualist of old.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    I think that right now is a point and time where the players who were there at launch are really starting to wear thin on the current world. I think there are also a sizable group of players just waiting around for an "expansion" or a new zone to come back to. ANet could be in danger of the players getting game fatigue.
    Have you watched this? Some of the sentiments are similar to your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well it's pretty easy to figure out what the masses will do, they'll go for the greatest reward to least amount of effort ratio

places like Orr and Southsun require a lot more effort and folks generally don't like that (I didn't say difficulty, I said effort)

They could up the rewards there, and that might be enough incentive but it's a fine line between not enough and too much
    I agree completely, and I think that is a design issue they need to try and work around. They need to figure out what events players actually enjoy playing vs what they play due to the rewards. This should be for regular events, group events and large group events (shaman, dragons, elemental, etc). If they can figure these out, then they can move forward with new zones and tweaking/fixing the older zones via permanent living story arcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw that video that Lane posted, and i must say i agree with what he was talking about. I have myself as an example. Left after the Dragon Bash, i came to do Tequatl Rising living story update because seeing a old world boss reimagined sounded cool, did it along with the Treasure Hunting esque achievements, but now this new one doesn't compell me as much to stick around. I need an expansion to fully grip my head around returning for good. A new race, a new continent (please let it be Cantha <.<) ,a new profession, a fresh start. I don't even like my main anymore now. =/

Deleted
    To be honest, I think what the professions need now is a bit more variation. For example, while some classes like warrior can have most weapons, with an engineer there's a highly limited choice and that starts to make the class feel... stale after a while.
    Also, while the new content every few weeks is good, as I stated before, a returning player will only see current content most times since much of the content is taken out again. While Southshun Cove was added, it is one single zone and finishing it doesn't take that much time. So another thing of importance for ArenaNet is making more new zones or they will start having people getting bored (some already do). The "collect ballons" each few weeks isn't enough.

Also thinking about it, I could only name one class that isn't covered in Guild Wars 2 and could fit well, some sort of druid.
    It would fit well with sylvari, the norn spirits, the ferocity of charr and the way humans act with some of their gods and asura would get it by extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Also thinking about it, I could only name one class that isn't covered in Guild Wars 2 and could fit well, some sort of druid.
    It would fit well with sylvari, the norn spirits, the ferocity of charr and the way humans act with some of their gods and asura would get it by extension.
    I think a Ranger with Staff would make an excellent druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I think a Ranger with Staff would make an excellent druid.
    Only if their 1 skill is throwing a swarm of bees.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Have you watched this? Some of the sentiments are similar to your post.

karka event was such a lagfest more so than any game launch (or other super laggy thing) ive played

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Just saw that video that Lane posted, and i must say i agree with what he was talking about. I have myself as an example. Left after the Dragon Bash, i came to do Tequatl Rising living story update because seeing a old world boss reimagined sounded cool, did it along with the Treasure Hunting esque achievements, but now this new one doesn't compell me as much to stick around. I need an expansion to fully grip my head around returning for good. A new race, a new continent (please let it be Cantha <.<) ,a new profession, a fresh start. I don't even like my main anymore now. =/
    im no lore knowitall but with such a big map and only so much of it used (and the odd spot for an event) its hard to imagine they wont add any xpacks or massive content patches

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    They did talk about maybe another Heavy armor guy to even out the armors, but the issue is what role is missing? What would set the new class apart?
    they never said anything about "even" out the armors actually it is a rumor, which when you look at gw 1, is just stupid.

They will do what they think is the better option and they really don't care much about "even" out anything in the armor department.

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    they never said anything about "even" out the armors actually it is a rumor, which when you look at gw 1, is just stupid.
    Actually when they were asked about it in one of the interviews about a new class, they said what I said, that there's an obvious spot for another heavy armor class, but that they didn't think any roles were missing, then gave the normal vague "we'll see" response.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I think an evolution of the Ritualist would be a good pick. Some new tradition started in Cantha by the humanocentric Emperor, well-armored soldiers who call upon the spirits to aid them in battle, either with the channeling of various ashes of famous ancestors(think Engineer kits), or summoning up specific spirits to aid them a'la the classic Ritualist of old.
    Uhm... guardian?