Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love how the world first Heroic Garrosh kill was taken on ultra low quality settings lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations on the world first.

It' so amusing to watch everyone bicker over their silly wow competitions.

Back to daycare please.

Asia.
    Doesn't count.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    That's like saying if Blood Legion gets world first it doesn't count because they had an extra day head start every week. Sorry, but they play World of Warcraft on the planet earth therefore it is world first. No amount of Method/Paragon/Blood Legion fanboys can change that fact.
    So youre saying if US servers had 3 weeks headstart on the EU servers for example, that would be fine?

Because thats essentially what this is. Asia has had 3 weeks of extra lock outs. Thats 3 weeks of extra gear.

At these levels gear makes a HUGE difference. Its the difference between hitting the enrage timer, dropping a heals for a DPS etc.

Sure, world first, with a massive asterisk next to it. Theres a reason why Asia has their own world first race and they arent included in any of the proper rankings.

Finally the asians triumph over the self-righteous westerners!

Grats to them but i dont think its counts towards the world first race because:

-they have 10/25 seperate lockouts
    -higher ilvl which 25m is tuned for but not 10man making it the same difficulty as in EU/US

Quote Originally Posted by Kornstyle View Post
    Congratz to Them for World First... If you have a problem because asians get better gear and have seperate lockouts, then watch your fking face on the mirror and complain to blizzard for making the game like that..... As someone else said before, using 25 man "upgraded" gear for 10 man hrc is clever use of game mechanics...No cheat not exploitation.
    nope don't care its not a world 1st. that simple

for those of you who keep saying "world first is still world first". wrong. asia wow plays by a whole different rule set than the rest of the world. they don't get serperate lockouts, and are able to gear up faster than the normal guilds. (eu/us)

so, as far as i'm concerned, and yes they killed the boss, but since the difference in acquiring loot, it's not in a world first setting.

the real world first is still up for grabs from US or EU. although we all know it will be paragon.

Congratz to Them for World First... If you have a problem because asians get better gear and have seperate lockouts, then watch your fking face on the mirror and complain to blizzard for making the game like that..... As someone else said before, using 25 man "upgraded" gear for 10 man hrc is clever use of game mechanics...No cheat not exploitation.
    Yes, thats why Lance Armstrong won Tour de France 7 times in row..he was allowed to have better gear then others...oh snap he didnt..

You can't call something world first when you got and huge advantage..calm down sailor!

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Noone said its a cheat or exploit, nor is it a clever use of game mechanics because its exactly how the system worked in ICC.

They are given that playstyle because of their gaming culture. Thats fine.

It just means because their game style is so different and gives a distinct advantage over regular servers, it doesn't count towards the "official" race.

Its widely accepted by pretty much any ranking website that they are not included. It would be absolutely stupid to include them. It would be like including private servers on the official world first race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    So youre saying if US servers had 3 weeks headstart on the EU servers for example, that would be fine?

Because thats essentially what this is. Asia has had 3 weeks of extra lock outs. Thats 3 weeks of extra gear.

At these levels gear makes a HUGE difference. Its the difference between hitting the enrage timer, dropping a heals for a DPS etc.

Sure, world first, with a massive asterisk next to it. Theres a reason why Asia has their own world first race and they arent included in any of the proper rankings.
    "3 weeks of extra gear"

You didn't take the 25 man gearing into account. 9 weeks of extra, better gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
    Finally the asians triumph over the self-righteous westerners!
    Too bad they couldn't do it on a level playing field though.

World First* heroic Garrosh kill. Too bad that asterisk will always be a blemish on their achievement.

We all know that the true World First is more important.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Glad to see the front page even shows that this doesn't count. Im hoping someone comes in from behind and beats method and blood legion to a True World First. I would have considered this a true world first had they stayed in 25man where that extra gear didn't help them beat a under tuned fight. I mean, come on! Anyone thinking this is far is just plain dumb. The fact of the matter is most raiders in the EU/US can't even get to that ilevel unless they are pretty close to being full Heroic Warforged 2/2upgraded gear. You can't even compare a 473average ilevel to EU/US since they won't be able to get anyone that ilevel until very late in the expansion.

They are and forever will be the World first guild to kill Garrosh on Heroic... Nothing can change that...

The race is for Western's First now :P

Quote Originally Posted by Communism View Post
    Asia.
    Doesn't count.
    This so much

Deleted
    Heroes of the Storm, next WoW patch name?? :P

Might as well just spawn him on a private server and pretend it's an actual kill.

It seems some people, including that rotten guild, have forgotten about the spirit of competition.

Everyone can declare themselves the winner of the Olympics if they want to, or any competition in fact, but they will be missing the point of competition. A winner in a competition is only the winner if his competitors are convinced he is the better man. I can go on the streets and declare myself best 100m sprinter in the world if I want, but I doubt many (or even ANY) will acknowledge that title unless I beat Bolt's record, on the same terms as how Bolt achieved it.

Pathetic, everyone of them, to give up on H25 to chase a title via such hollow and questionable means only speaks volumes of their unscrupulous character. The only positive I can see is that there are still logical and sensible players in China criticizing their actions on China forums.

Regardless, the true main culprit here is Blizzard, for not foreseeing this event unfolding and make proper official brackets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    "Outplaying" doesn't matter in the race to world firsts. World Firsts are all about exploiting and cheating as much as possible within the allowed limits. If class-stacking, saronite-bombing, LFR-queing Western guilds get recognized for world firsts, then so does killing Garrosh with higher-ilvl items in my book.

World first is world first. Take it up with Blizzard if you don't like what they offer to Asian realms, but it's 100% legit.
    It is not outplaying because it is a completely different game. Get a clue what "outplaying" is.

Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    Heroes of the Storm, next WoW patch name?? :P
    Highly doubt that there is going to be a new major patch before the next expansion.