Thread: Malkorok Heroic

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Wouldn't it remove the entire effect, thus exploding the raid, though? That's usually the trend with the human racial. Unless there's a second debuff along with Displaced Energy that roots the target in place (or the human racial actually has some use which I predict it'll be nerfed soon!). I don't know for sure, we put a couple tries on Malkorok last night and I never got the debuff (most of our wipes were actually people being too gun-shy with soaking as health goes down :P). I'll test it out next week.
    We thought so too, but some people tested it and we didn't all instantly explode so we assumed it works. Could have been something else removing the debuff though (we know that SOMETHING removes all the debuffs and you don't have to run out, just not what).

  2. #42
    Windwalk totem and Roars(druid and warriors from symbi) all work at removing the debuff all together without doing any damage

  3. #43
    When I drop Windwalk I am pretty sure it only removes the root and doesn't actually remove the debuff, I'll double check tonight

  4. #44
    Yea, fairly sure our windwalks didn't remove the debuff. Might just be Roar? We'll see next week.

  5. #45
    Only the root is removed with Windwalk. Bladestorm make the whole thing go away though, not sure about Roar.

  6. #46
    Tiger's lust does remove the debuff as a whole as of Sunday night.

    We had our Monk tank solo soak the cleave.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Tiger's lust does remove the debuff as a whole as of Sunday night.

    We had our Monk tank solo soak the cleave.
    What cd rotation did you use?

    We tryed with our DK last night, but we didn't really do well. (He have the 21% less cd on his cooldowns, so he got Icebound for both).

    He start out with Icebound -> Barrier/Pain Sup (1,2) -> Iron Bark in the end. This seemed not to work that well.

    Any assigned healers on him? We had our disc spam SS greater heal/shields into him, and our shaman spamming abit - but it seemed not to function "reliable".

    Would a Paladin be better, or should we have our DK play his 10 ilvls less geared monk ? (554 compared to 544).
    Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Needle/simple
    Solo char/Alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...astasya/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    We thought so too, but some people tested it and we didn't all instantly explode so we assumed it works. Could have been something else removing the debuff though (we know that SOMETHING removes all the debuffs and you don't have to run out, just not what).
    Interesting. Apparently some other root-breaking effects are also working. I assume that if the human racial works, things like Nimble Brew from monks and Escape Artist from any poor bastard that raids as a Gnome should work as well.
    RETIRED.
    Main Warlock | Alt Warlock | Twitter: @NeryssaBH
    !

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Can anyone provide a cd order/tips or tricks for 25 man solo soaking? Thanks.
    1.) Be a monk.
    2.) Hit Fortifying Brew.

  10. #50
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    What cd rotation did you use?

    We tryed with our DK last night, but we didn't really do well. (He have the 21% less cd on his cooldowns, so he got Icebound for both).

    He start out with Icebound -> Barrier/Pain Sup (1,2) -> Iron Bark in the end. This seemed not to work that well.

    Any assigned healers on him? We had our disc spam SS greater heal/shields into him, and our shaman spamming abit - but it seemed not to function "reliable".

    Would a Paladin be better, or should we have our DK play his 10 ilvls less geared monk ? (554 compared to 544).
    Paladins are fantastic(and Monks) for it. Paladins can use Holy Avenger to get a 45-50% Reduction to the damage they take for the entire duration of Blood Rage, and they have other CDs along with it.

    I'm not entirely sure, but might be worth it to drop some Haste as a Pala for Mastery for that fight? Seems logical since you want to survive that phase, and Haste isn't helping all that much at it since Mastery provides better dmg reduction.

  11. #51
    Just thought I'd share our heroic kill. We did it with a paly and druid tanks. As the bear I did (Iron bark + Survival Instincts --> Bark Skin + Sac + LFR Protectors Trinket)


  12. #52
    Hi, we're gonna try this boss tomorrow and i'm kinda confused about the setup we are gonna use, should we 2 or 3 heal? Stack ranges? Stack melees? Our current roster includes:

    Tanks: Guardian / ProtWarrior
    Healers: Mistweaver / Disc-Holy Priest / Holy Paladin
    DPS: 2x Warlocks / Hunter / Elemental Shaman / Enhancement Shaman / Rogue / Balance Druid / Mage

    Could it be viable to 3 heal using a DiscPriest using Atonement all the fight? Bear or Warrior can solo tank the blood rage phase? "Best" way to manage the orbs?

  13. #53
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,088
    We two healed and beat enrage by 30 seconds. This was being extra careful though so we would have had more time had we optimized. During blood rage we had our melee run around with immunities to clear as many orbs as possible, which is fairly important. Keeping the orbs to a level you can manage the for the second regular phase is something you pretty much need to do. Damage is higher and we stop trying to soak them altogether after the first blood rage.

  14. #54
    Escape Artist also removes the Phase 2 debuff without the explosion. Gnomes ftw

    Actually I forgot all the Heroic raid guilds went Horde (troll) this expansion, my bad
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

    <Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!


  15. #55
    High Overlord Berianther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    170
    Should be easy to 2 heal provided that blood rage is solo tanked and no explosions go out (which possibly kills someone regardless of 2 or 3 healing anyway)

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    Escape Artist also removes the Phase 2 debuff without the explosion. Gnomes ftw

    Actually I forgot all the Heroic raid guilds went Horde (troll) this expansion, my bad
    A shame stamp roar works just as well...

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    or should we have our DK play his 10 ilvls less geared monk ? (554 compared to 544).
    yes.

    Note, this is true for absolutely every single encounter.

  18. #58
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by xagonyx View Post
    Hi, we're gonna try this boss tomorrow and i'm kinda confused about the setup we are gonna use, should we 2 or 3 heal? Stack ranges? Stack melees? Our current roster includes:

    Tanks: Guardian / ProtWarrior
    Healers: Mistweaver / Disc-Holy Priest / Holy Paladin
    DPS: 2x Warlocks / Hunter / Elemental Shaman / Enhancement Shaman / Rogue / Balance Druid / Mage

    Could it be viable to 3 heal using a DiscPriest using Atonement all the fight? Bear or Warrior can solo tank the blood rage phase? "Best" way to manage the orbs?
    If you three-heal you need to have fantastic DPS. We two-healed our first kill (RDruid/HPriest) and beat the enrage pretty handily. We three healed it for our second kill and Malkorok died right as the enrage hit.

    I don't think you specifically need to stack ranged or melee but you do want enough ranged to cover the map in order to soak. We used one person per slice of the room that you see in the Malkorok Helper addon (so 6 total). Our Rogue and Warrior took care of any soaking that was in the inner circle.

    For ball soaking, our Rogue kept the inner circle clean and the rest of us with immunities cleaned out big chunks of them when we could. I think our Prot Paladin soaked up a bunch of them during the Blood Rage phase as well.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by xagonyx View Post
    Hi, we're gonna try this boss tomorrow and i'm kinda confused about the setup we are gonna use, should we 2 or 3 heal? Stack ranges? Stack melees? Our current roster includes:

    Tanks: Guardian / ProtWarrior
    Healers: Mistweaver / Disc-Holy Priest / Holy Paladin
    DPS: 2x Warlocks / Hunter / Elemental Shaman / Enhancement Shaman / Rogue / Balance Druid / Mage

    Could it be viable to 3 heal using a DiscPriest using Atonement all the fight? Bear or Warrior can solo tank the blood rage phase? "Best" way to manage the orbs?
    2 healers is plenty, centainly if you have a Mistweaver. I play a Mistweaver myself and was able to pretty much keep the shields topped by myself. We had a Disc as a 2nd healer mostly for the cd's during blood rage. We tried with the priest Holy as well but that didn't work as well. He was able to do more healing during the normal phase but we found the Disc cd's more important. So we ended up with me pretty much solo healing with our disc topping the shields up here and there and doing some nice dps on the boss.

    We let our prot pala solo tank the blood rage. Make sure he doesn't have any of those debuffs that increase his damage taken. Use a proper cd rotation on him and he should be fine.

    As for the orbs. We just had everybody with immunity cd's soak them during the blood rage phase. You can soak a few during the normal phase too if you use immunities but be carefull with that. We only needed to do that a few times to get rid of some annoying balls in melee.

  20. #60
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,088
    2 healing vs 3 healing both has trade offs as well. The DPS requirement is fairly tight so some people might only have the option of 2 healing. If your DPS is really good you can 3 heal though, but it's going to be tight. Having 3 healers does make the regular phases a lot easier, 2 healing after the first blood rage requires good healing and mistakes are punished fairly hard. Like I mentioned earlier we two healed and beat the enrage by a good 25 seconds, it would be much higher but some of our DPS completely ignore DPSing during the first blood rage so we can make sure the room is clear of orbs.

    The orbs are only important to partially or fully clear for after the first blood rage. You don't want half the room still filled with balls going into the second P1, as it will cause a lot of problems.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •