10+ Year Old Account

RJW or Xuen for these fights? (Galakras and Kor'Kron shaman)

Hey, question is simple I searched but could not find much info about it. I'm about to try galakras and kor'kron shaman, should I go for RJW or Xuen seeing how the hard part in galakras is on P2 and the aoe for shaman doesn't last very long.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    RJW is amazingly good on both fights IF:
    On Galakras you are tanking the adds. The damage is amazing and so good to keep the aggro.
    On Kor'kron Shaman you are getting the geyser. For which it is also amazing to kill the blobs because the range of it is enough to not get hit by the adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    RJW is amazing for the add phase in Galakras, but if you are struggling with the last phase Xuen might be better (you just need to make sure that you actually have Xuen for the last phase and dont use it on the last trashwave before Galakras or smth like that).

For the dark shamans, I'd suggest Xuen as you can't stand in meleerange of those globules...
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhapso View Post
    RJW is amazing for the add phase in Galakras, but if you are struggling with the last phase Xuen might be better (you just need to make sure that you actually have Xuen for the last phase and dont use it on the last trashwave before Galakras or smth like that).

For the dark shamans, I'd suggest Xuen as you can't stand in meleerange of those globules...
    Like I mentioned: Since RJW is 8 yards range you can damage the blobs and not get hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aight, I forgot to mention it was for WW but that pretty much answers my question.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Talyria View Post
    Like I mentioned: Since RJW is 8 yards range you can damage the blobs and not get hit.
    You can also have your spirit on Kaldris and use RJW while on Haromm to get the spirit to use RJW and AoE adds for you without risking yourself.

For Dark Shamans it just takes one look at World of Logs to see that there isn't a single Xuen user in at least the top 50 WW ranks (and before any hits me about the blog post I just wrote saying that correlation with ranks doesn't imply causation to the build, this just strongly hints and is not a dead certain answer), which incidentally annoys me a bit that Asian parses have started to take over the top ranks on that fight with their artificially boosted ilvls, I had a nice thing going with the other WW on my realm competing for the top 25 man slot on that fight.

As for Galrakas, it's just a choice, do you need more help with add damage in P1 or more help with add damage in P2? I used RJW on our heroic kill this week because killing off the smaller adds made the fight go a lot smoother than P2 DPS was never even close to an issue, but it really depends on your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyria View Post
    It's not the blobs that hurt, it's when they spawn, they "explode" magic damage - that's what hurts.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    It's not the blobs that hurt, it's when they spawn, they "explode" magic damage - that's what hurts.
    RJW still does more damage even if you don't stand on top of the adds when they spawn...

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    RJW still does more damage even if you don't stand on top of the adds when they spawn...
    I didn't say that it didn't... http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k0n52xk882mvhlrl/
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    Any fight where you have higher uptime on 3+ targets with RJW than the duration on Xuen is a given choice imo. Jab hits like a wet noodle, trading it for RJW in the rotation is great.

Galakras with the cloak, RJW and crit RoRo. Yum yum!

Quote Originally Posted by Aranoch View Post
    Any fight where you have higher uptime on 3+ targets with RJW than the duration on Xuen is a given choice imo. Jab hits like a wet noodle, trading it for RJW in the rotation is great.

Galakras with the cloak, RJW and crit RoRo. Yum yum!
    I cringed when I saw the acronym "RoRo" again. Seeing it is like a bad dream.
    Swankfu
    <Divine Council>
    Illidan - US

Deleted
    i find xuen too be superior on both as on Dark shamans we split the bosses and for galakras im not aoe whoreing.

xuen is probably the best talent ever

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    i find xuen too be superior on both as on Dark shamans we split the bosses and for galakras im not aoe whoreing.
    Killing mobs faster, to lessen the strain of the encounter of your raid group isn't' "aoe whoring", you have to press RJW once every 6 seconds when there's 3 or more mobs up, which means that there's plenty of time to get an excess of shuffle uptime.

It's still probably worth grabbing RJW if you were being sent to the towers (on heroic mode at least). I don't know why a monk tank wouldn't be in the valley AOEing everything down though, as that reduces the DPS requirement by a lot, especially if you don't have a very good class combination to AOE.

On Dark Shamans, it's not about splitting the bosses so much; it's about if you can AOE the oozes or not. If you're only using two tanks (I assume that you are on normal mode) then I can sort of see why - the oozes probably don't last that long to run and aoe, if you don't have the ooze boss.

On heroic mode, we go 3 tanks (10 man, which seems to be a tactic that a lot of people are doing), take the debuff stacking guy far away, this means that I have the ooze boss all to myself. For some reason, we decided to keep the wolves alive for a fairly long time, so as instead of wasting energy on jabs, I could use RJW on those a lot too, as it's a lot more damage for the same energy - it's simply an opportunity that benefits the raid greatly rather than going out of your way to pimp your dps or "scum bag" vengeance whoring (like by sitting down).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LLY77AON68

On the kill I had world 3 parse on Dark Shaman 10H. Currently no. 1 world Brewmaster on it for 10H (Post 15% nerf). Was 553 ilvl at kill. Used Xuen. He did 25mil dmg during the encounter and I did 100m. 2nd highest parse also used Xuen. I believe Xuen is a winner for me. It's not like I can't SCK while keeping shuffling and Kegging...

As for Galakras. RJW is clear winner. There is just a lot of other things you need to do in the trash, such as Clashing, disarming, stunning, interrupting, hard switching to totems, etc. Sure you can cancel SCK for it, but that's annoying and unnecessary with RJW changes since 5.3.
    Last edited by ZealsAmbitions; 2013-10-04 at 04:27 AM.